What's new

Video/Tutorial The Emergence Of Escrima Stance - A Compendium of Knowledge.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Good stuff...I have recently been putting in HELLA time with NW. He is difficult to master but I am getting really comfortable. His footsie heavy style is very satisfying when it works well.

I use scatter bombs as a consistent AA when I see a jump in. AND I meter burn it for j3 wing ding for 29%...its awesome to hear the opponent yell through my monitor when they jump once and lose 30% in less than 1 second.

I like the 33 setups with spark. I will need to test scatter bombs after to see viability because right now I don't see it. Anyone have offline matches they can upload?

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
Good stuff...I have recently been putting in HELLA time with NW. He is difficult to master but I am getting really comfortable. His footsie heavy style is very satisfying when it works well.

I use scatter bombs as a consistent AA when I see a jump in. AND I meter burn it for j3 wing ding for 29%...its awesome to hear the opponent yell through my monitor when they jump once and lose 30% in less than 1 second.

I like the 33 setups with spark. I will need to test scatter bombs after to see viability because right now I don't see it. Anyone have offline matches they can upload?

It sets up a b2, or a dash forward 112.

You have to confirm the second hit standing. It's not much, but it's something.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
I had great success with 33 spark tonight.

Not so much 33 scatter B.

After they respect 33 spark the db3 mb was sooooo free. Ggs

33 spark is going to be pivotal in Escrima. It's literally the only way to guarantee it coming out.

It trades with 6f normals (including corpse charge so watch out for that, but it makes flashses uppercut whiff...so yay for that lol

This is why cancel advantage for characters would be useful to have. All of Nightwing's other strings do not have the ability to guarantee the spark.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
33 spark is going to be pivotal in Escrima. It's literally the only way to guarantee it coming out.

It trades with 6f normals (including corpse charge so watch out for that, but it makes flashses uppercut whiff...so yay for that lol

This is why cancel advantage for characters would be useful to have. All of Nightwing's other strings do not have the ability to guarantee the spark.
yea...it give him a guaranteed footsie tool that is safe! that is awesome.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
It also anti-airs, and has stupid good priority and range lol
I've also started using b112 which is +3 and then going into d12 (it becomes 6 frames with great range) and either hit confirming to fury or on block its +9. if blocked i'll do 33 spark or 33 db3 mb cross up.

Its sickening

ruff321

Noob
I abuse d12 ALOT and having that 33 mixup after is just pure awesomeness. I like to do d12(close) 33 4 Staff spin MB 1 MB ground pound into combo(if ground pound hits). Cost two meters but it's insane pressure haha especially in the corner

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
Gota be a Jedi to make that read. F213~cancels work very well.

They can work, but the spark takes a long time to be active. It is pokable everytime and when opponents know nightwing, you will get poked out of it. There is nothing defensive you can do about it. You can use f213 if you want, but I would much rather use the guaranteed setup...That's what makes it a setup.

They can work, but the spark takes a long time to be active. It is pokable everytime and when opponents know nightwing, you will get poked out of it. There is nothing defensive you can do about it. You can use f213 if you want, but I would much rather use the guaranteed setup...That's what makes it a setup.

Get them to respect f213~spark back dash b2. b2~spark back dash b2 kills GL's latern's might reversal and that has less cancel advantage.

The problem with 33 is that it's not going to work all the time mid screen due to hit box issues and it's harder to get 33 out than f213.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
Get them to respect f213~spark back dash b2. b2~spark back dash b2 kills GL's latern's might reversal and that has less cancel advantage.

The problem with 33 is that it's not going to work all the time mid screen due to hit box issues and it's harder to get 33 out than f213.

F213 Spark ~back dash is interuptable by a poke. There is not enough cancel advantage to do anything due to the long startup time of spark. That's why 33 is so good.

33 has a massive hitbox. It hits farther than F2 and is guaranteed off a 112, d12 or a spark hitting.

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"

After 112 string 33 is free and an inescapable frame trap. f213 will be outta range and easily backdashable after 112. If your opponent knows NW they will block high in escrima for the most part. The idea with the spark cancel is to make them respect. f213 leaves u w 2 options, spark back dash and whiff punish a poke, or get poked outta spark. In the event u don't get poked out and let the spark go, u get a free dash or even 33 in some circumstances. With 33 it no longer becomes a mindgame wondering if they will poke you out, that's when you start getting respected and now the mindgame will always feed into your favor. f213 spark will always be an option, its just 33 will be the better one. I feel nightwings escrima pressure is all about earning respect and using it against your opponent. I just feel f213 spark won't get u that respect.

F213 Spark ~back dash is interuptable by a poke. There is not enough cancel advantage to do anything due to the long startup time of spark. That's why 33 is so good.

33 has a massive hitbox. It hits farther than F2 and is guaranteed off a 112, d12 or a spark hitting.

When you say "spark hitting" are you talking point blank range spark on hit guarantees a 33?

After 112 string 33 is free and an inescapable frame trap. f213 will be outta range and easily backdashable after 112. If your opponent knows NW they will block high in escrima for the most part. The idea with the spark cancel is to make them respect. f213 leaves u w 2 options, spark back dash and whiff punish a poke, or get poked outta spark. In the event u don't get poked out and let the spark go, u get a free dash or even 33 in some circumstances. With 33 it no longer becomes a mindgame wondering if they will poke you out, that's when you start getting respected and now the mindgame will always feed into your favor. f213 spark will always be an option, its just 33 will be the better one. I feel nightwings escrima pressure is all about earning respect and using it against your opponent. I just feel f213 spark won't get u that respect.

When you say 112 guarantees a 33 are you include a dash forward to close the distance or not?

Try it on someone other than Catwoman.

Her b3 makes her hitbox essentially non existant.

Also, on the 112 rep, where you hitting it perfectly? It looks kind of late.

The second 33 isn't guaranteed on 33~spark, 33 but the 112, 33 is inconsistent. I like to f3 when spark hits. Anyway to answer your question, sometimes I get b3'd and sometimes I don't, other times my sparring partner just back dashes or jumps out. It's either me as NW using late execution or Catwoman's hitbox.

Point is in a match you cannot accurately determine whether or not you will hit her with the follow up 33 because it's inconsistent and you have to 33 asap to get the frame trap or else she can simply walk back right out of it. The air whip and b3 options all lead to a combo punish on her part and since 33 follow up is something you're going to have to blindly mash out you won't know until it's too late if your spacing was correct.

I really like the 33 game but I think it's a corner exclusive due to the difficulty in getting your opponent to respect 112 on block (they can get hit by the 2 and they are free) and the sensitive spacing requirements.