What's new

Breakthrough The breaking of Grab Immunity

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Yeah, edit the OP a bit since this is corner tech and specify that its RIGHT in their face and you've got some nice tech.
Mid screen the tick throw into command grab is harder to avoid. This was more to accent the removal of grab immune options and to benchmark it as pre-patch so it can be reanalyzed post-patch.

However I have edited it with a statement matching the findings on the bottom.

JaredL

Aww shit <REDACTED DUE TO FEELINGS> its Shapzam
Mid screen the tick throw into command grab is harder to avoid.

Trust me, its not hard to avoid at all. Its a brainless avoid.

Mid screen the D2 pushes you back so that the super can be jumped.

You can avoid this anywhere other than up up close in the corner piss easy by just holding up during the super animation which is obvious as all hell.

JaredL

Command grab. As in body press. You don't get an animation to time it off of and it comes out a lot faster and more fluid than the alternative.

True I guess. But you can backdash/jump it.

Its a good tick throw, but its not amazing.

And on hit it does 5% damage.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
True I guess. But you can backdash/jump it.

Its a good tick throw, but its not amazing.

And on hit it does 5% damage.
Its pretty darn skippy on account of you can't backdash a lot of bane's blockstrings as they are because of frame locks.
You can't jump a lot of them either, and trying to do so will usually result in you having to go into an oki situation which is even worse.

ll Nooby ll

To Live is to Die
I believe D2~Super can be angled jump and backdashed in the corner.

EDIT: So this can't be angled jump I think, or its really inconsistent whether the super connects or not.

JaredL

Its pretty darn skippy on account of you can't backdash a lot of bane's blockstrings as they are because of frame locks.
You can't jump a lot of them either, and trying to do so will usually result in you having to go into an oki situation which is even worse.

Yeah that's also true.

However, I think with practice, I think most people will be able to react to a D2 in mid screen from Bane on block, and avoid that shit.

The real meat of your discovery is the unavoidable super. Highlight that.

JaredL

The tech was the lack of grab immunity. :|

Who cares though.

Having some nice pressure options in mid screen ain't tech, its just known.

The possibility of a guaranteed super on BLOCK was great. But nahh.

ll Nooby ll

To Live is to Die
Its funny, D2 cancelled into grab, double punch, and super are universally beaten by backdashes. And if you do D2~uppercut, you usually just end up blocking when you are trying to backdash, so then you get a full combo punish.

ll Nooby ll

To Live is to Die
I think this is still good though for the reasons mentioned though.
Anywhere on screen you can do D2~charge, and this beats backdashes, but if this read this they get a full combo punish since theres a huge gap between D2~charge. Or just do nothing after the D2, but this can be punished since its -7 unless you space it properly.

In the corner if they try to backdash the D2, on a read you can do nothing and combo punish the dash with 123.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Oh well. Also against backdashes we have the option of mixing in d.2 into MB f.3 which is +9, overhead, armored, stops backdashes, staggers, and sets up well for a lot of the same mentionable stuff as well as provides much much more damage and less scaling...

Midscreen MB b.3 does the same job.

Its just another level of good stuff to add to a decent move.

SUPARNOVAX

Low tier? I was born in it, molded by it
Been using this for weeks. Most people don't jump it or backdash this on first or second contacts. So they're kinda guaranteed to land regardless but you can't spam this a lot.

Welcome to my world of grabby grab grabs.

The drawback is if they get hit by the normals, the following body press doesn't connect many times. You have to gamble that they're gonna sit there a lot of the times.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Been using this for weeks. Most people don't jump it or backdash this on first or second contacts. So they're kinda guaranteed to land regardless but you can't spam this a lot.

Welcome to my world of grabby grab grabs.

The drawback is if they get hit by the normals, the following body press doesn't connect many times. You have to gamble that they're gonna sit there a lot of the times.
I do it a bit more now since most of my pressure game is resets and block strings. Its nifty.

RapZiLLa54

Monster Island Tournaments
Banes Super is pretty much useless.

Doesn't link on hit on the ground. Gets knocked out of it by a lot. Can be jumped out of 100% after seeing the YEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH screen (there is no guaranteed Super), allows no oki follow ups, does only good damage with lvl 3 but you are going to now be close to debuff when its over.

Jagernaut

Training Mode
Banes Super is pretty much useless.

Doesn't link on hit on the ground. Gets knocked out of it by a lot. Can be jumped out of 100% after seeing the YEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH screen (there is no guaranteed Super), allows no oki follow ups, does only good damage with lvl 3 but you are going to now be close to debuff when its over.

have you seen the set ups proposed in the 'dirty venom' thread?