Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
RYX
shaowebb
Mr. Mileena
Error
@every other bane

d.2 into command grab/super.
Not only does it stuff pretty much every rebuttal... IT CANNOT BE GRAB IMMUNE FRAMED.
I just tested it. On block, cancelling the d.2 into super or body press will catch everything and chew through grab immune reversals. We now have a way to confirm into super on block.

Still wont beat superman super because it negates ours, but unless the opponent wants to gamble away their meter you shouldn't have any trouble getting this one in. At level 3 venom or when using super (or both), cannot be armored through by anyone in the cast.

Loses to Hawkgirl and Superman Super, but what doesn't. This is pre-1.05 buffing of the attack, and at 16 frames of start-up we can tie it in off of any d.1, b.1, b.11 (on hit) and any b.1, b.21, f.1, f.3 on block.

User RYX posted a short mention of d.2 into command grab as a tick throw in his pressure guide, and this is an expanding of the note to show some pretty awesome stuff.

In the corner, being from Bane's bicep in on an opponent will make them impossible to neutral jump out of. They will be able to angled jump out of it. Midscreen it CAN be jumped, so be cautious.

In the corner it can be backdashed on reaction, however using the normal command grab opens up some mind games that can be played such as the risk of a double punch, charge, or command grab. They cannot jump past the double punch, they cannot backdash the charge, and they cannot block the command grab.

JaredL

Aww shit <REDACTED DUE TO FEELINGS> its Shapzam
I just tested this though, and it can be jumped 100% of the time.

I never do anything against banes super, I always just jump it.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
I just tested this though, and it can be jumped 100% of the time.

I never do anything against banes super, I always just jump it.
Can't jump it in the corner, also jumping it would be a pretty risky guess on account of Bane being able to just anti-air you with most anything afterwards. Listen, I never said it was perfect. Just that you can't grab immune out of it. Sheesh.

Our corner game got a new level of danger to it and the normal scoop is a scary tick throw on its own. Chill.

JaredL

Can't jump it in the corner, also jumping it would be a pretty risky guess on account of Bane being able to just anti-air you with most anything afterwards.

You can jump it in the corner with a neutral jump.

And what do you mean 'anti air'.

If I'm playing Bane, I'll see him D2 me, then he goes into his long ass YEEEEEEAAAAAAAHHH. Then, I just jump at the first thought. I'm not comitted to jumping after D2, I'm jumping when I see the cool ass super animation.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Can't jump it in the corner, also jumping it would be a pretty risky guess on account of Bane being able to just anti-air you with most anything afterwards. Listen, I never said it was perfect. Just that you can't grab immune out of it. Sheesh.

Our corner game got a new level of danger to it and the normal scoop is a scary tick throw on its own. Chill.
or just d.2 double punch for a pretty ambiguous mixup

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
You can jump it in the corner with a neutral jump.

And what do you mean 'anti air'.

If I'm playing Bane, I'll see him D2 me, then he goes into his long ass YEEEEEEAAAAAAAHHH. Then, I just jump at the first thought. I'm not comitted to jumping after D2, I'm jumping when I see the cool ass super animation.
You can't jump it in the corner as a tick throw. I've already tested that.

JaredL

You can't jump it in the corner as a tick throw. I've already tested that.

I just tested it too so... one of us is doing something wrong.

I recorded an AI to duck, then spam the jump button after a few seconds. I'd do D2, Super and I'd see little arrows on the side of the screen indicating that my AI is spamming up. So he'd jump at the first possible time. He jumps out of the super every time in the corner.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
I just tested it too so... one of us is doing something wrong.

I recorded an AI to duck, then spam the jump button after a few seconds. I'd do D2, Super and I'd see little arrows on the side of the screen indicating that my AI is spamming up. So he'd jump at the first possible time. He jumps out of the super every time in the corner.
Or you could just set the AI to jump and it'll do it on the first possible frame regardless.

JaredL

Or you could just set the AI to jump and it'll do it on the first possible frame regardless.

Listen, if you setting the AI to jump, is getting the super, well done.

But if a human can get out of it, your tech is only useful vs the training bot.

JaredL

I'll give you a nice easy way to do it. Pick... Shazam or something. Pick Bane as your opponent. Set meter to full. Stage to right. Character placement to right.

Go to AI, record Bane. Walk Forward a second, D2 super.

Then, let the recording play, block the D2, watch the animation and as the animation is happening, simply hold up. Just hold it. Your character will jump at the first possible time and avoid it 100% of the time.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Listen, if you setting the AI to jump, is getting the super, well done.

But if a human can get out of it, your tech is only useful vs the training bot.
Considering the training bot has quite a few times greater reaction speed than a human opponent, then yeah. Unless you are somehow mistiming the super, it shouldn't be jumpable in the corner.

And on account of the AI jumping out of pretty much every other possible gap in the game (even those with only 1 frame of opening) I'd trust my results more personally.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
I'll give you a nice easy way to do it. Pick... Shazam or something. Pick Bane as your opponent. Set meter to full. Stage to right. Character placement to right.

Go to AI, record Bane. Walk Forward a second, D2 super.

Then, let the recording play, block the D2, watch the animation and as the animation is happening, simply hold up. Just hold it. Your character will jump at the first possible time and avoid it 100% of the time.
I just did it, and no, I still cant jump out. I followed your instructions exactly and I can't get off the floor before the super hits. Unless you are doing it at max d.2 range which you shouldn't be.

JaredL

I just did it, and no, I still cant jump out. I followed your instructions exactly and I can't get off the floor before the super hits. Unless you are doing it at max d.2 range which you shouldn't be.

Who are you testing this on? This might be match up specific.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
I just did Bane, KF cant make it either. Batman can't do it and he has one of the faster jumps.

JaredL

I just did Bane, KF cant make it either.

I tested Bane and he does fine against it.

I did however find that I couldn't do it with Nightwing and Joker. Weird. Maybe their not all jumps are equal?

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
I tested Bane and he does fine against it.

I did however find that I couldn't do it with Nightwing and Joker. Weird. Maybe their not all jumps are equal?
I just did Bane, I tried to get over it but I couldn't do it. Grundy can't make the jump either, testing flash now.

Fastest man alive can't jump out of a point blank d.2 super on block either.

JaredL

I just did Bane, I tried to get over it but I couldn't do it. Grundy can't make the jump either, testing flash now.

Are you setting an opponent bane, and you doing the jump yourself, or are you getting the AI to do it?

Pre-jump frames (how long it takes to jump) are different from character to character.

This is most likely true. Joker and Nightwing couldn't do it. Very weird.

JaredL

Ahh nevermind. I just got nightwing to do it. Maybe its stage specific?

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Are you setting an opponent bane, and you doing the jump yourself, or are you getting the AI to do it?

This is most likely true. Joker and Nightwing couldn't do it. Very weird.
I'm copying your exact scenario. Everything set right, record the AI doing the combo, and I'm trying to jump out.

At point blank, I can't do it with anyone so far. Random stage as well, so its doubtful that its happening to work on every single stage thus far by coincidence.

Are you doing it point blank or are you back a bit? Because everything from his bicep inwards isn't letting me jump but everything from the forearm out is.

JaredL

I'm copying your exact scenario. Everything set right, record the AI doing the combo, and I'm trying to jump out.

At point blank, I can't do it with anyone so far. Random stage as well, so its doubtful that its happening to work on every single stage thus far by coincidence.

Are you doing it point blank or are you back a bit? Because everything from his bicep inwards isn't letting me jump but everything from the forearm out is.

Actually, that does seem to do it.

If you're standing RIGHT in their face you get a guaranteed super.

Interesting in the corner.

I can predict its use being after a 50/50. Condition them in the corner with double punch. When they expect to block a double punch, get close and do a super instead.

Unless someone finds a way out, seems solid.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Actually, that does seem to do it.

If you're standing RIGHT in their face you get a guaranteed super.

Interesting in the corner.

I can predict its use being after a 50/50. Condition them in the corner with double punch. When they expect to block a double punch, get close and do a super instead.

Unless someone finds a way out, seems solid.
Pretty much, and Bane has some tools to make use of it as well.
Not to mention if they happen to get hit by the d.2, the super still connects albeit for reduced damage.
Still, 43% is quite a bit to peg off of someone.

JaredL

Pretty much, and Bane has some tools to make use of it as well.
Not to mention if they happen to get hit by the d.2, the super still connects albeit for reduced damage.
Still, 43% is quite a bit to peg off of someone.

Yeah, edit the OP a bit since this is corner tech and specify that its RIGHT in their face and you've got some nice tech.