What's new

Match-up Discussion The Blood Baroness: Skarlet Matchup Thread

I wouldn't say so. Gravity ball goes through projectiles, and if you can get a trade with subzero then you have a free combo. Keep in mind, after dash cancelling a dagger, skarlet cannot block for a few frames, which means that even your opponent cancels the dagger to avoid your ice ball or grav ball, they can't block it and are left with the option of jumping, leaving time for both a 22 string with subzero, and a dash with reptile. Not that I'm disagreeing, I'm sure getting that projectile out in the first place will be an issue.
As salvificblood said, the start up on those moves r just too slow. Sure, if Sub/Rep do get their projectiles out they'll stop Skarlet and win the projectile war, but for that to happen skarlet needs to mess up with enough time for them to notice her mistake and throw out the projectile.

babalook

Noob
why does kabal's iAFB dissapear when done at a high speed and at full screen and skarlet's don't even though they're faster

why does kabal's iAFB dissapear when done at a high speed and at full screen and skarlet's don't even though they're faster
Skarlet shoots two out without a cancel, so maybe it's in her coding to support more than one projectile on screen at a time... i dunno, its weird. I've noticed it with ermac as well that some disappear if the opp is a bit of a distance away and just duck them instead of blockin...

Dude, the startup on Sub-Zero's iceball is just nowhere near fast enough to get a projectile trade against dagger spam like that.

They need to take out the pushback on Skarlet's daggers. You can't have a character who simply destroys so much of the roster... even if she gets destroyed by a smaller percentage of it herself. That's just a very poorly balanced character.
I thought I made it clear that I understood what the problem was. I feel youre just a little eager to say she's so unbalanced becuase she can give subby and rep trouble. That's just a match up.

But it's not just Subby and Rep she gives bother with that kunai abuse... Apparently its the majority of the cast. Some people reckon shes 7-3/8-2 against around 20 characters just because of it.

Kwon

---->----
I thought I made it clear that I understood what the problem was. I feel youre just a little eager to say she's so unbalanced becuase she can give subby and rep trouble. That's just a match up.
Not just Sub and Rep. Not just Sub and Rep...

salvificblood

Worst Sub-Zero Ever
I used those as examples, I don't even like Reptile, but the point is, there are a LOT of characters who get destroyed by this. Yeah, those are just matchups. So if one character beats 3/4's of the roster 7-3 or 8-2, those are just matchups, right?

When you type, do you read your own words and think about what you sound like?

I used those as examples, I don't even like Reptile, but the point is, there are a LOT of characters who get destroyed by this. Yeah, those are just matchups. So if one character beats 3/4's of the roster 7-3 or 8-2, those are just matchups, right?

When you type, do you read your own words and think about what you sound like?
Hey now, no need to be cras. If it's on that much of the cast, then it will get patched. Easy as that. Though frankly, I kinda feel like all she really has going for her is her projectile game... I'm no expert, but from what I've seen, she lacks a fast special, so therefore a safe wakeup. Her normals are nothing special, and the ones that actually go into a combo, are also fairly difficult to pull off, aren't very hit confirmable, and are unsafe on block. I tend to try and end all my block strings with a df3 50/50, but I've been finding that a lack luster finish.