What's new

Guide The Black Adam list of guaranteed Lightning strikes

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Decided to make a thread dedicated to guaranteed lightnings off of normals, some are guaranteed, some are only beat by supers. The point of this is to know what normals BA can cancel into EX lightning so he can push his opponent away.

These are the most notable normals.

113 - Guaranteed
B2 - Interruptible by 6f reversals unless done at max range, forward or backwards jumpable
B1 - Only interruptible by supers
13 - Guaranteed

Everything else is easily interruptible.

One thing to note. People have been talking about being able to D1 BA out of lightning strikes that are unterruptible, this should never be done if you have a 6-7f jab as you can full combo punish these attempts.

One more thing, EX lightning to EX lightning can only be jumped on a read, you can't jump it on reaction or armour through it except with a super that will reach 3/4 screen.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
except i actually posted guaranteed ones.

gimmicks are those that you can jump out of
Except these are the ones we only talked about for four months that many Black Adam players were already using, and I recall someone still saying it's was a gimmick lol. B2 and 113 are the only ones I've ever used, yet was ridiculed for it not too long ago. Spent about an hour trying to find the conversation then gave up lol. I don't care that much, I already knew dees sheet mane. though it seems I'm going to start using b1 lightning more, it's still a good post nontheless.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Except these are the ones we only talked about for four months that many Black Adam players were already using, and I recall someone still saying it's was a gimmick lol. B2 and 113 are the only ones I've ever used, yet was ridiculed for it not too long ago. Spent about an hour trying to find the conversation then gave up lol. I don't care that much, I already knew dees sheet mane. though it seems I'm going to start using b1 lightning more, it's still a good post nontheless.
noone but smokey was us ing 113 back then, at least as far as posting goes. B2 i said and still say its a gimmick that should rarely be used, i had forgot which string it was so i tested them all.

since when is saying somethings a gimmick being ridiculed?

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
noone but smokey was us ing 113 back then, at least as far as posting goes. B2 i said and still say its a gimmick that should rarely be used, i had forgot which string it was so i tested them all.

since when is saying somethings a gimmick being ridiculed?
I've used 113 as a main pressure tool since smokey told me about it's cancel advantage, and as for the rest I won't get into that subject as I don't feel like debating right now. I was joking so just lighten up and enjoy your day man.

Much love.

GGA Saucy Jack

The artist formerly known as ImNewbieSauce
I don't even know what to say about this thread. In the interest of being fair I will cover both sides so I'm not just being a typical tym idiot.

It's really cool you worked out the frame data, and what can and cannot happen off of certain strings. Thank you. Seriously. That is helpful and useful and nice.

I do find it ironic that you posted this, since you blew everyone up for this two months ago. I'm glad your game is evolving to catch up to the rest of us.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
I've used 113 as a main pressure tool since smokey told me about it's cancel advantage, and as for the rest I won't get into that subject as I don't feel like debating right now. I was joking so just lighten up and enjoy your day man.

Much love.
i wasnt beginning a discussion, my point was i posted b2 to let people know its not guaranteed and that you shouldnt take offense from things said in an internet forum

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
I don't even know what to say about this thread. In the interest of being fair I will cover both sides so I'm not just being a typical tym idiot.

It's really cool you worked out the frame data, and what can and cannot happen off of certain strings. Thank you. Seriously. That is helpful and useful and nice.

I do find it ironic that you posted this, since you blew everyone up for this two months ago. I'm glad your game is evolving to catch up to the rest of us.
I didn't work out the frame data, I was making an update on what lightning can be cancelled out of and what ways are there to blow it up so there can be a thread dedicated to it and not randomly lost in general discussion like Joker just pointed out. I'm not "catching up" to anyone. I "blew" people up for B2.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
i wasnt beginning a discussion, my point was i posted b2 to let people know its not guaranteed and that you shouldnt take offense from things said in an internet forum
That's fine and as I said it's a good post, and you misunderstand I don't take offense I more so exaggerate lol. I'm well aware I wasn't ridiculed I was just making an overstatement...I do that a lot.

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
Is the lightning ever safe after any of these strings or does it have to be Meter burned for the pushback?

Just asking because non mb is -12 and definitely full combo punishable by some of the cast.

Using a bar for a blockstring is questionable aswell. Wasting meter to do some chip and pushback after 113 or b1 when you were at + frames seems wasteful and a poor way to capitalise on your openings, and we have a backdash that might aswell be a teleport, so you dont really need that pushback for anything.

This was not worth a thread, more people should post their findings in the general discussion, and possibly then just come up with a "shit you should know" page full of all those little bits and pieces.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Is the lightning ever safe after any of these strings or does it have to be Meter burned for the pushback?

Just asking because non mb is -12 and definitely full combo punishable by some of the cast.

Using a bar for a blockstring is questionable aswell. Wasting meter to do some chip and pushback after 113 or b1 when you were at + frames seems wasteful and a poor way to capitalise on your openings, and we have a backdash that might aswell be a teleport, so you dont really need that pushback for anything.

This was not worth a thread, more people should post their findings in the general discussion, and possibly then just come up with a "shit you should know" page full of all those little bits and pieces.
Against chars like doomsday and flash you really don't wanna be in their face with as little as +3, this is matchup specific and you definitely won't be doing this to someone like Raven or GA. VS chars like DD who have floaty jumps its great because due to + frames from ex lightning they can not jump another one on reaction, plus you always have meter with BA.

The regular lightning is unsafe depending on the matchup

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
Against chars like doomsday and flash you really don't wanna be in their face with as little as +3, this is matchup specific and you definitely won't be doing this to someone like Raven or GA. VS chars like DD who have floaty jumps its great because due to + frames from ex lightning they can not jump another one on reaction, plus you always have meter with BA.

The regular lightning is unsafe depending on the matchup

Like i said in my post, playing black adam you can just backdash out after blockstrings. It baits a reaction and is mostly safe, and doesnt cost a bar of meter.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Like i said in my post, playing black adam you can just backdash out after blockstrings. It baits a reaction and is mostly safe, and doesnt cost a bar of meter.
not against good doomsdays, wonderwomans and supermen. using that 0.60 of a bar when you build meter so fast is a good tradeoff to not having to make a read which could do you in for good.

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
not against good doomsdays, wonderwomans and supermen. using that 0.60 of a bar when you build meter so fast is a good tradeoff to not having to make a read which could do you in for good.

Your'e at + frames though! They are looking for your offence and THEY have to make the read. If you are shitting yourself that much, MB a b3 or f3 and be safe, + frames, armoured and blowing their reads up.

Im not saying the MB lightning is bad, just saying that using a bar to do some chip and make some space when you were in an advantageous situation already kinda seems wasteful.

If you are going for a timeout of to chip someone to death, fair play. Other than that, you are better off just backdashing if youre doiing it for the pushback IMO.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Your'e at + frames though! They are looking for your offence and THEY have to make the read. If you are shitting yourself that much, MB a b3 or f3 and be safe, + frames, armoured and blowing their reads up.

Im not saying the MB lightning is bad, just saying that using a bar to do some chip and make some space when you were in an advantageous situation already kinda seems wasteful.

If you are going for a timeout of to chip someone to death, fair play. Other than that, you are better off just backdashing if youre doiing it for the pushback IMO.
think of it this way

you dont wanna be in some peoples face, you're already at a disadvantage vs those chars up close and you wanna get them away, problem is you're only at +3. At that point, if you do the safest and best possible option, D1 palpatine, you're at sweep distance at -2 when them right in front of you.

Against someone like flash, superman, DD it gives you space to breath with you sending them back to 3/4 screen for 0.60 of a bar, which is basically nothing because BA is one of the best if not the best meter builder in the game.

idk if its my subzero logic but id much rather lame it out when i dont even get rewarded that much for making the right read at that point. I could see where youre coming from if B1 and such were +4 so as to get a mid 22 out and HC it but BA does have some undesired ( for the best ) holes in his offense due to his normals not letting him get out a free 22.

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
think of it this way

you dont wanna be in some peoples face, you're already at a disadvantage vs those chars up close and you wanna get them away, problem is you're only at +3. At that point, if you do the safest and best possible option, D1 palpatine, you're at sweep distance at -2 when them right in front of you.

Against someone like flash, superman, DD it gives you space to breath with you sending them back to 3/4 screen for 0.60 of a bar, which is basically nothing because BA is one of the best if not the best meter builder in the game.

idk if its my subzero logic but id much rather lame it out when i dont even get rewarded that much for making the right read at that point. I could see where youre coming from if B1 and such were +4 so as to get a mid 22 out and HC it but BA does have some undesired ( for the best ) holes in his offense due to his normals not letting him get out a free 22.

IDK why you wouldnt want to be in their face. If you are rushing down then you take your + frames. If you are running away you are wasting a good blockstring/pressure opportunity. I wont bother carrying on, were both kinda right in different ways. Its entirely situational. Move along.

Vocket

Day 1 Phenomenal Teth-Adam Player
We really need a general tech thread for the BA forum. The general discussion is too broad and I have a bunch of little tech that is not big enough for a thread but is useful for those who use it occasionally (gimmicks basically).

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
Btw 11 and 112 are safe vs 6 frame normals as well. Those are the 2 strings i use most with lightning on the end. Supers however will work.