What's new

The Armory - Video Podcast Show Test Episode - 1080HD - Give me feedback + ideas for future shows

KIllaByte

PSN: playakid700. Local name: BFGC MonkeyBizness
"EXCELLENT!"
"SUPERB."
I'll submit what I can.
Brant Pig of the Hut McCaskill deserves nothing but universal praise here; I'm glad to see he's receiving that priase.
I'll submit what I can, recording shakycam in the Buffalo / Toronto area, submitting my tech, and I'll tell you when Mortal Komedy X is released by me, so we can mutually benefit from each-other.

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
@Pig Of The Hut dude this show is amazing so far, by far the most high quality youtube show I have ever seen. I would suggest maybe getting some guests from other high level tournament players when they are in town to discuss matches, or maybe do some segments discussing the tier list as it starts to form with your opinions with who goes where and who wins what match ups and why etc. I dont know maybe that would be too much work, maybe it would be a terrible idea in practice, but in my head it sounds like a good idea anyways XD

coolwhip

Noob
@Pig Of The Hut I suggest a sentence for everyone thrown in the Shoryuken Prison. There should be a judge (preferably one of the community's more well known players, for entertainment's sake), and based on the gravity of the offense (ie how big the cry for nerfs/buffs is, how ridiculous the claim, etc...) the sentence is rendered to determine how long they'll stay in the prison.

Last edited:
This is great! You should definitely have conference calls with top players like 16 bit, PL, reo, tom brady or even new players. It would be hard to talk during the whole show by yourself. Thatmight be a little hard to do on a consistent basis. This way you will also give exposure to other top players and people who watch the podcast will be more familiar with the community.

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt
This is incredible pig! I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say we are really grateful of the obvious hard work you're putting in to this community!

Couple of ideas:
1. A section dedicated to providing solutions to moves/setups/characters people are crying over, especially if there's anything specific one of the prisoners have complained about.
2. "report your scores" links to match footage sets between marquee match ups, similar to what you did for injustice

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Nice work @Pig Of The Hut. Some really nice ideas and execution.

I can help you with any video editing / effects (in AE) if you wish.
If possible maybe an animation that's transparent w a few Segments?

"Joining The Scene"
"Upcoming Events"
"Match Up Breakdown"
"Pig's Power 5"
"Shoryuken Prison"
"Report your Scores"
"Tournament Breakdown"
Anything w this I will use a ton and obviously credit you across the board

I've spoken to @kevkopdx also about maybe him making Gfx for each but an AE transition as well would rock too either full screen or transparent on the screen itself I can just Put in over the video

Ra Helios

Omnipotent God-like Selina Kyle Player
Great Show pig of the hut!!!!!

I can't wait for the next episode!!!!

Don't have any ideas yet. Wait!!!

You should go to the midnight release launch for mortal kombat X at gamestop and just interview random people asking them " why are you excited for mkx" or something like that. Record how many people is their to support the game. That should be your next broadcast. This is my idea and I hope you go threw with it. :)

At my gamestop they are having cosplay and a tournament at 10:00pm on monday. Probably some Gamestops might do the same.

@Pig Of The Hut

Pig Of The Hut

Great Show pig of the hut!!!!!

I can't wait for the next episode!!!!

Don't have any ideas yet. Wait!!!

You should go to the midnight release launch for mortal kombat X at gamestop and just interview random people asking them " why are you excited for mkx" or something like that. Record how many people is their to support the game. That should be your next broadcast. This is my idea and I hope you go threw with it. :)

@Pig Of The Hut
That's actually a great idea RA

Great call man

Pig Of The Hut

Yooooo it looks just like I thought it would but better!

I saw the back of my head once and I feel Hollywood.

Btw...

I should to be put into Shoryuken's prison for the salt fest I put up on Kenshi on Friday. I feel a little guilty about that.
@Pig Of The Hut
I think a segment catering to the fitness stuff could be cool as a try

EGGXI

Scary Bat
This is awesome, keep up the good work.

I'd have a segment on blowing up anyone who makes a tier list in the next few months, but then that would actually draw more attention to people making tier lists...

Maybe a bounties section? Like if someone mentions X character is really crap etc. and whines, ask for people to send in vids of people beating that person with that character or something idk.

@Pig Of The Hut I am kinda sceptical about the shoryuken prison thing actually. I know it is for fun and all but I don't think people will look at it that way. There is going to be drama about this and a little drama is good sometimes, but this might be just negative drama.

Maybe you could do like a segment where you show the extensive research you have done about something first( eg reptile being a bill) and then throw them in prison. You need to provide reasons why people shouldnt jump the gun, because a lot of people dont see things as clearly. That way you would get a discussion going on instead of OMG WHY ARE YOU BLOWING ME UP PIG.

Pig Of The Hut

@Pig Of The Hut I am kinda sceptical about the shoryuken prison thing actually. I know it is for fun and all but I don't think people will look at it that way. There is going to be drama about this and a little drama is good sometimes, but this might be just negative drama.

Maybe you could do like a segment where you show the extensive research you have done about something first( eg reptile being a bill) and then throw them in prison. You need to provide reasons why people shouldnt jump the gun, because a lot of people dont see things as clearly. That way you would get a discussion going on instead of OMG WHY ARE YOU BLOWING ME UP PIG.
Got cha

Yea I agree, I'll definitely take that suggestion and try to flesh out better how to handle it

I may try it a couple different ways and gets feedback but next episode will have it and I'll attempt to make it more lighthearted

ShArp

Dedicated Broly main
@Pig Of The Hut have you considered doing a breakdown / review videos for players who send you videos to your show?
Let's say someone needs help with mixups/ or just overall understanding of specific MU - so he sends you a video/link and you with your team do a short review with comments etc.
In other words helping people to get better in comp fighting.

IMO It could be a nice part of this weekly show.

Pig Of The Hut

@Pig Of The Hut have you considered doing a breakdown / review videos for players who send you videos to your show?
Let's say someone needs help with mixups/ or just overall understanding of specific MU - so he sends you a video/link and you with your team do a short review with comments etc.

Sounds like a great idea

I'll mention it on next show, I'm writing down all suggestions and considering all

I have a pretty good list for next show I feel strong about w many of this threads suggestions enforced

Thx man

Pig Of The Hut

To be clear I'll start that probably episode 3 because I want the game to sit w people for a little bit

But I will talk about that next episode