What's new

The Armory - "Stretchy Floor" Glitch

YourMKArcadeSource

Your Source For All Things MK Arcade Related
I am sure we all know about this, but I have never heard anyone talk about it or show it, so here it is. (You need to watch in HQ)

ZAQ

Noob
Yeah I'm pretty sure even the developers knew about this and chose to leave it in the game.

Looks like it is in R3.00 too

ScheissNussen said:
Yeah I'm pretty sure even the developers knew about this and chose to leave it in the game.

Looks like it is in R3.00 too
It's also in the SNES version and I believe the Genesis/ Mega Drive versions. So it's definitely something they decided to include.

D

david_GEM

It's on the ps3 and as far as I know, for every fatality.

D

david_GEM

mud said:
for every fatality? say what?
lol, just found out, not for sub's uppercut. I just can't remember the last time I DIDN'T see it move other than today. lol

iammud

Noob
well, on every port that it works on (including ps3) it only works for reptiles snack...

I know there's an interview out there w/ one of the non midway devs (likely Probe) that covers this topic, however I have no clue what it was from.

I remember the question was about fergalities, and the answer went on to cover this subject.
Basically a fix was thought to be too much trouble, then a fix was found and applied, then for some reason it was removed. The interview went on to cover more details on why it was removed, but idk enough to rebuttal any of that...

we should get the credits from the game and start trying to track down some of the devs and see if we can get them to join cmk.com for a q&a session. I'd love to ask em about stuff

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
Vassago187 said:
we should get the credits from the game and start trying to track down some of the devs and see if we can get them to join cmk.com for a q&a session. I'd love to ask em about stuff
Not a bad idea. I highly doubt it would happen though.

This is the most common glitch, even my grandmother knows about this shit.. I do it every time I have Reptile in the armory.

codo27

Noob
I've seen it a thousand times but I'm pretty sure it doesn't happen every time you do it with reptile on the stage...is there some way to trigger it?

codo27 said:
I've seen it a thousand times but I'm pretty sure it doesn't happen every time you do it with reptile on the stage...is there some way to trigger it?
Reptile, in the Armory, with the head-eating fatality. It will move the floor every time (and it's the only way to move the floor), 100% guaranteed.

X820

Noob
After all this time (16 years?) I can't believe people are actually amazed by this, cool vid though.. I'm surprised that it raised so much attention :)