What's new

General/Other the answers

LI_Joe

Noob
I see a lot of people talking about bane so i figure id chime in.

I will talk about the characters potential and basic game play/combos. I want go crazy with combos and such cause honestly he doesn't need or have much as far as long lengthy combos. The man just hurts, simple as that.

His movement is actually not too bad for his size. he probably has one of the best backdashes ever, his forward dash is ok also. Doomsdays forward dash is ridiculous compared to banes. Bane could not have a dash that good with the ability he has though. He would be way too good. His jump is super floaty. Good priority on his air normals though. He has a gief body splash with a hit box on his feet. serious corss up potemtial. It can be comboed off of too.

His back mh string is a low starting launcher which seems to be pretty safe. I use this string often especially on wake up n cross up. Ill get into the wake up mentality soon. The llh string ends in an overhead which can be then canceled to his command grab. His lmh string ends in a launch which also can be canceled into the command grab. The air command grab has good priority and hit box also. His forward m down is pretty much spencers overhead from marvel 3. You can cancel this also into command grab. Must block this high. I emphasize that because now the mix up comes.....

First lets talk venom. Most know venom beefs the man up and also adds armor to his moves. You do not need meter to have armor that means. Save your meter. Unless you know something will kill then id say go for it. His command grab, running charge move and 2 piece little combo string back forward m all get armor with venom. Doesn't matter what level venom since you can stock 3. lets go over this scenario.

Your opponent is on the floor you walk up to him n pop venom level 1.. Now what is he going to do? If he jumps... air throw and he is back on the floor. If he blocks high... command grab or back mh launch combo into lmh cancel command grab and he is back on the floor.. He blocks low.... command grab or forward m down overhead cancel into command grab and he is back on the floor. If he wakes up with anything and you do command grab, or back forward m, armor kicks in and hes back on the floor. It becomes a crazy guessing game.. You have the ability to stop everything!

ok im done

IceNine

Tired, But Strong
This wisdom is much appreciated, Joe. Very much in line with my hopes for the character!

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
You get a free b3 launcher check after landing a command throw (they can wakeup attack) and his overhead mixup is pretty good. He also has a pseudo hit-confirm command grab string that escapes me right now... but basically you do a string and if it hits, you finish the input for the command grab but if it is blocked, you do the running headbutt thing instead which is safe.

I was hoping that Bane would play something like KOF2k2UM Ralf and it sort of sounds like that is what he is. Good to hear seeing as I was planning on making him one of the first characters I tried in the game.

LI_Joe

Noob
I think the game is pretty good so far. Just nervous that it will wind up being broken. But we always got patches.

Dayvo

My english it's not good
One question:

As far as we know, venom stacks, and every charge lasts less than the previous one, but you can chain them for a very long "venom boost". When your venom goes out, you do less damage.

The question is, if you use your supermove in the last second of a lvl 3 Venom, and the animation starts when you already have Venom, you do the extra damage of the buff, or you do less damage for the venom cooldown? Does it "stop" when you are in a supermove cinematic?

LI_Joe

Noob
I'm not sure if this is what you are asking but you could use venom lvl 1, do whatever then as it's almost out pop lvl 2 and you will have a recharges level 2 venom then same with lvl3

I think the Venom damage does stay when cinematic super happens

It's probably tied to the game timer and since that stops during supers, you should be fine so long as the hit starting the super is still under the effects of venom boost. Pure speculation though

Dayvo

My english it's not good
I think the Venom damage does stay when cinematic super happens

This. The point is that if the venom goes out mid cinematic, if you do the venom damage, then maybe you can make setups of combos finishing in a supermove in the last second of a lvl 3 venom, do a full venom supercombo, and luckily you have spent 3-4 seconds of the debuff time