What's new

The announcer in MK11 and an idea I had

In older MK games like MK2 and MK3, Shao Kahn was both the final boss of the game and the announcer. This doesn't seem to be the case anymore with the modern games.

I was just thinking, how awesome would it be if since Kronika is our first female final boss, they had her voice actor record all of the Finish Him / Fatality / Brutality sound bytes, and we could have our first female announcer? I think it would be interesting to hear, and I always loved that in past games the person who was announcing everything was someone you were able to look forward to fighting once you reached the top of the arcade latter. It made the game somewhat intimidating and had you feeling like you were building up to something big.

Even if it was just an alternate voice track that you could select between male or female, but have the female be Kronika's voice actor. Anyone else think this would be really cool?

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole
In older MK games like MK2 and MK3, Shao Kahn was both the final boss of the game and the announcer. This doesn't seem to be the case anymore with the modern games.

I was just thinking, how awesome would it be if since Kronika is our first female final boss, they had her voice actor record all of the Finish Him / Fatality / Brutality sound bytes, and we could have our first female announcer? I think it would be interesting to hear, and I always loved that in past games the person who was announcing everything was someone you were able to look forward to fighting once you reached the top of the arcade latter. It made the game somewhat intimidating and had you feeling like you were building up to something big.

Even if it was just an alternate voice track that you could select between male or female, but have the female be Kronika's voice actor. Anyone else think this would be really cool?
It would be very welcome.

Ghost of The Moon

One with the air.
The last game that the boss was the announcer was Mortal Kombat: Deception.

They need to bring this back!

Note: I did not play MK v. DC long enough, I could be wrong with the statement above!

zerosebaz

What's the point of a random Krypt?
The calm and ethereal voice she has would not be a good match, but if they make her sound super angry it would be really cool.

stokedAF

casual kahnage

Everything else has options so why not. I like the idea. I’m fine with Kahn as announcer but a kronika one could be dope too. Her voice is just as sinister.

stokedAF

casual kahnage
The calm and ethereal voice she has would not be a good match, but if they make her sound super angry it would be really cool.
I disagree. The calmness is what would make it cool and different imo. Sure she’s calm but that’s because she manipulates time lol. She gets just as much enjoyment out watching someone die that Shao Kahn would. That’s why she merged the timelines, she’s calm because she knew it was going to happen. If she did it in an angry way I would just prefer Kahn do it.

Gerchap

Noob
It was Onaga, go play it again.
No! It was Shujinko, he says at the end after raiden’s sacrifice, “Shang Tsung, Quan and raiden fighting Onaga”

Shujinko says: “Raiden sacrifice was in vain, as the blast had little effect on the dragon king,
Now Onaga has what he needs to shape the realms as he sees fit.
I Was the fool who brought him this power, Only I can destroy this threat borne of Deception”

DragonofDadashov24

Let’s see whose fire burns hotter
No! It was Shujinko, he says at the end after raiden’s sacrifice, “Shang Tsung, Quan and raiden fighting Onaga”

Shujinko says: “Raiden sacrifice was in vain, as the blast had little effect on the dragon king,
Now Onaga has what he needs to shape the realms as he sees fit.
I Was the fool who brought him this power, Only I can destroy this threat borne of Deception”
That’s not announcer it’s an intro. Announcer is the guy who says Fight, Fatality etc.
It’s actually neither of them although it does sound like Onaga but back in 3D era all the character had similar voices and 4-5 voice actors. In Armageddon the announcer is the same but Onaga and Shao Kahn are voiced by other guy

Gerchap

Noob
That’s not announcer it’s an intro. Announcer is the guy who says Fight, Fatality etc.
It’s actually neither of them although it does sound like Onaga but back in 3D era all the character had similar voices and 4-5 voice actors. In Armageddon the announcer is the same but Onaga and Shao Kahn are voiced by other guy
Well explained, I get it. Thanks, because the video he posted it is of the intro I thought he was talking about that specific one

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I prefer the deeper male voice that sounds evil, perfect after a Fatality or new Round the Female fits for Injustice better but for MK stick with the badass, deeper voice. I think there's other FGs with female voice announcers if I'm not mistaken.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
They should just reuse the MK2 announcements, those were perfect.
they cannot, too many new characters in the series on top of steve richie not being casted anymore which is sad because he is the true Shao Kahn's voice and announcer voice.

If they really want to reuse Steve Richie they will have to cast him and say all new character's voices.

Also the idea of having the characters original voice actors as announcers its a really good idea, just imagine Kotal Kahn as the announcer, or Scorpion, better Yet, Skarlet.

BecomingDeath13

"You won't winter over?" Who the fuck wrote that?
Blazblue has a female announcer and it sounds fine.
"Rebel 1! Action!"

I don't really care if it's a male or female. It would just be cool to me having both just randomly selected before the match. Some matches you'll hear Shao/Shang, others Kronika. It would be nice and varied, which I'd like. I honestly don't care if they sound angry or not either.

Later versions of blazblue allowed you to select your announcer. Generic voices or fighter voices, and again I'd like that too. Just for the sake of variety. Like you unlock them in the krypt or some shit. Then Cassie can demand that I finish someone and I must appease my digital girlfriend for I do not want my nuts sploded.