What's new

Tech The ambiguous j3 cross-up, high damage combo

low_kix

Noob
Discovered this in the lab moments ago. I say discovered because I haven't seen anyone use or talk about this before, but apologies if I'm wrong about that.

I was frustrated with always using j1 as a cross up after seeing other characters use stronger jump ins. So I started playing around with jump 3 and realized this:

J3, 112, cat dash MB whiff, b3, f3, 39%

Obviously the high damage comes from the MB whiff we should all be familiar with by now. The 39% is when the f3 fully connects, which it had to do since the gravity is scaled due to the juggle. Or so I thought. ..

J3, 112, cat dash MB whiff, b3, f3 whiff, 1, trait, 50%

50% combo for one meter and no bounce with Catwoman is pretty incredible, and I'm hoping you guys can help me explore the possibilities this opens up.

NOTE: hitting with both hits of the cast dash is possible, but of course scales damage. Whiffing the f3 is extremely difficult, and may prove TOO difficult, such as the double f3 whiff in standard bnb combos, or maybe I just need more practice. As I said, I'm just discovering this.

My only means of recording is pointing a camera at my screen, if someone else wants to record this that'd be cool, otherwise I can later.

low_kix

Noob
Also of note, I realize that trait isn't the ideal combo ever, but as I said, the f3 whiff is really hard to hit so I threw out the easiest thing just to test out the damage. When I have more time I plan on attempting

J3, 112 cat dash MB, b3, f3 whiff, 1 bounce, 1 f2

So good...

If u change 1 for f2 after f3 whiff, got 2% extra damage. (52%)

J3, 112 cat dash MB, b3, f3 whiff, 1 bounce, 1 f2 ... the "bounce" isn't hit

Sorry for my bad english

Hug from Argentina

low_kix

Noob
So good...

If u change 1 for f2 after f3 whiff, got 2% extra damage. (52%)

J3, 112 cat dash MB, b3, f3 whiff, 1 bounce, 1 f2 ... the "bounce" isn't hit

Sorry for my bad english

Hug from Argentina

Good call on the extra 2%

Spent some more time on this today, and no I don't think you can work a bounce into it. The highest damage I could find without trait was

J3, 112, cat dash MB whiff, b3, f3 whiff, 1 F2 44%
J3, 112, cat dash MB whiff, b3, f3 whiff, 122 44%

(of course 1F2 is preferred for the hard knockdown)

I'd love to hear some Catwoman experts opinions on how this combo fits into matches, and if you think it's as good as it looks

Under_The_Mayo
Krayzie

KC H0oKsw0rds

iK A B A L
I think this combo is great. It could be a combo in your arsenal to close a match after an early clash by the opponent and you only need 1 bar. The f3 whiff is easy to me so I know it can be done in a real match. I'm def gonna try this online to test the viability there

low_kix

Noob
I think this combo is great. It could be a combo in your arsenal to close a match after an early clash by the opponent and you only need 1 bar. The f3 whiff is easy to me so I know it can be done in a real match. I'm def gonna try this online to test the viability there
After playing with it a bit more today I realized the whiff isn't too hard. The scaled gravity changes the time a little bit but I got the hang of it for sure. Let us know how it works out online

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2

Reborn

Noob
I knew about the j3 and it's combo potential but wow I did not notice how much damage it can do for 1 bar. Good stuff! Now I can blow up random Hawkgirl wakeup and some other characters for much more than 20-30%. And the wiff f3 does have a different timing because of the gravity but not hard at all to hit, even in an online environment!

Would just like to note that if you want the max damage, make sure you hit the j3 deep or else the first part of catdash won't wiff and will take off like 4% from your combo.

KC H0oKsw0rds

iK A B A L
Also, to ensure that the MB cat dash whiffs, you must hit the 112 as early as possible. However, the ji3 has a window of recovery that you must wait for very briefly or else if you try to 112 TOO early, you will end up with ji3 12~dropped combo. This timing on the 112 is much more important than the f3. The fact that it's a deep ji3 doesn't matter as long as you hit the 112 at the right time.

low_kix

Noob
Also, to ensure that the MB cat dash whiffs, you must hit the 112 as early as possible. However, the ji3 has a window of recovery that you must wait for very briefly or else if you try to 112 TOO early, you will end up with ji3 12~dropped combo. This timing on the 112 is much more important than the f3. The fact that it's a deep ji3 doesn't matter as long as you hit the 112 at the right time.
Good point. You also want to make sure enough his come out on the 112 to lift your opponent high enough for you to go under, otherwise you'll hit with the first dash.

We should get a video soon, it'll clear up all the technical stuff for anyone who might have trouble

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2