What's new

Guide - Commando The Absolute Beginners Guide To Commando Kano

OmeMark

Ps4 / Kano
Thank you very much for this guide. Learned a great deal from this. Now I finally understand everything that's going on in MK-world. Especially your buffing explanation helped a lot.

FlappyDaniel

Snappin' spines all day e'ry day.
How have option selects been changed with respect to the last patch?

Great thread by the way. How is this not stickied? This thread should also be in the noob section as well as a general guide on how to play the game.
The one with his tick throws is the same as it was. I don't think any OS got tweaked; just removed.

Enexemander

A Hitbox Pirate - YARRR -
The one with his tick throws is the same as it was. I don't think any OS got tweaked; just removed.
I think so as well. Option Selects worked off the difference in the Cancel window between on hit and on block. I think NRS made the two cancel windows essentially the same now, so Option Selects cannot function.

Last edited:
I think so as well. Option Selects worked off the difference in the Cancel window between on hit and on block. I NRS made the two cancel windows essentially the same now, so Option Selects cannot function.
The command grab option selects were left in the game, it was the first thing I checked post patch! As to whether or not they'll remain is a different story.

Updates to this guide are coming, I have just been very busy recently. Once the next two sections are done, I'll be revising the guide. I'll adapt the guide as I progress as a player to include what I've learnt.

FlappyDaniel

Snappin' spines all day e'ry day.
Why would they take them out after purposely leaving them in and on the patch notes stream saying "all OS's have been taken out except for timing based ones used for command grabs" if the game as it is now is TRULY how Paulo wants it; then he would not just take the command grab OS out.

Sorry. Things have been very hectic lately. I plan on finishing it soon, I just don't know when.
No problem bro.
I love Kommando Kano but honestly, i'm tired of losing again top tier character who kill 35% of my life every time i make a mistake. i was waiting for the stage 9 for last tips, but i think i'll go for cybernetic :( to have some big kombo damage to whiff punish or frame trap my opponent ....

I play again Cassie Cage and Jax very often....it make me cry to see the différence between them and my Kommando :(

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
No problem bro.
I love Kommando Kano but honestly, i'm tired of losing again top tier character who kill 35% of my life every time i make a mistake. i was waiting for the stage 9 for last tips, but i think i'll go for cybernetic :( to have some big kombo damage to whiff punish or frame trap my opponent ....

I play again Cassie Cage and Jax very often....it make me cry to see the différence between them and my Kommando :(
Commando should probably be played as a compliment to the other Kano variations. I main commando but to win you're going to need to able to play the other two variations as well

Commando should probably be played as a compliment to the other Kano variations. I main commando but to win you're going to need to able to play the other two variations as well
Agreed.

That said, I feel Cyber/Commando compliment each other's weaknesses more so than Cyber/CT or Commando/CT. I'm not saying CT is bad. If anything he's a nice bonus.

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
Agreed.

That said, I feel Cyber/Commando compliment each other's weaknesses more so than Cyber/CT or Commando/CT. I'm not saying CT is bad. If anything he's a nice bonus.
I'm seeing the use for CT more and more. I think there is value in knowing all three variations. CT definetly has its matchups

MK2D

Have you had your MK today?
Probably the most massively detailed guide I've seen here. Someday I'd like to have the time to absorb and apply its information. Thanks OP.

villainous monk

Terrible times breed terrible things, my lord.
Besides @Youphemism & @Derptile gives this is a incredible bible to read. I forgot that it was done and the last several hours reading it word for word. Thought for thought and skill for skill was a complete journey. This guide has done what I knew it would do.

Gave me the confidence and knowledge to keep going with my guy.

It's always good to take a step back, breathe and completely start over with the basics with any character. This way I did not miss anything and build on what I know all the while learning things from someone else.

This guide NEEDS to be stickied.

This IS Commando Kombat Kast.

And a recommended guide for any beginner to read when they Vista tym.

Fantastic stuff right here.

Parasurama

Dragon
Besides @Youphemism & @Derptile gives this is a incredible bible to read. I forgot that it was done and the last several hours reading it word for word. Thought for thought and skill for skill was a complete journey. This guide has done what I knew it would do.

Gave me the confidence and knowledge to keep going with my guy.

It's always good to take a step back, breathe and completely start over with the basics with any character. This way I did not miss anything and build on what I know all the while learning things from someone else.

This guide NEEDS to be stickied.

This IS Commando Kombat Kast.

And a recommended guide for any beginner to read when they Vista tym.

Fantastic stuff right here.
What are the differences with the new patches? I heard the b1 is more punishable?