What's new

The absence of the Northeast at UFGTX

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
what's going on zyphox here (i'll start of every thread like this just for @Cal-EL ) i wanted to talk about DA EAST COAST!!!! absence at UFGTX. despite my very best efforts i could not attend UFGTX. i asked every one i knew on the EC if they were going, planning on going, wanted to go etc. the only person i could get to say yes to me was @EMPEROR_JUPITER . the only problem is driving 12 hours in my newly fixed car (spent $900 fixing a car i bought for $1700) splitting gas, hotel, and registration food etc was too much for myself at the time. i just spent $900 replacing and fixing parts in my car, and all my bills are at the end of the month and jupiter still needed permission from his parents. to cut a long story short i am very upset that EC players didn't or couldn't make it to UFGTX. am not angry at the EC players or anything like that but it proved that EC rarely travels outside EC. TFC and FR are still EC tournaments. CEO is also EC. MLG and EVO will be the only tournaments EC will attend this year? i want to change that. i like how WC and midwest came to NEC and destroyed us in our home court. only two EC players made top 8 at NEC, grr and arma. barely anyone came to WB from outside the EC if any at all. i am a very prideful person. i want to be the very best like no one ever was. and when i see that no EC players at a huge tournament that was "stacked" without one EC player makes me kinda sad. i think the EC is the best and i want to prove that, but its hard when no one travels to these tournaments outside the EC.

things that happened at UFGT:
No MMH in top 8, PL doesn't count.
PL made top 8, last time he did was at CEO.
Theo went undefeated, i think EC players have the most aquaman XP out of any region and that "could" have changed, not saying theo winning is bad or that EC would have mopped him up i <3 theo.
honeybee let the speed force run wild and was now the first Canadian to ever be the XYZ of america, no the world, and i became this washed up flash player without even attending.
the stage is set for an EMPEROR duel between possibly the top 2 players in the game right now in THEO and JUPITER (hold that RM and khaotic) and it could have happened but jupes parents didn't let him go with me to UFGTX and i definitely couldn't afford to go by myself.

anyway i want to change this non traveling of the EC. LBSH the EC is the most hated inj scene without a doubt. no let me clarify the Northeast is the most hated, the tristate area.

I want to let you all of you EC haters know, were coming, i don't speak for every east coast player.........actually i do, you mothafuckas act like you forgot about east!!! lol but for real i can't wait for MLG and EVO to see who the current best "coast" is.

what do you guys think? if EC would have attended? jupiter vs Theo? sonixfox too? slightly more people who know the flash MU in the tournament?

Last edited:

Indecisive

We'll burn you all—that is your fate!
I have no job. Am in College. Etc. Etc. Etc. Im surprised i made it to FR. Traveling to tournaments is hard as fuck for me. Thats why i personally don't travel much or at all to bigger events.

TLDR: Im east coast i suck. I never travel cause i make excuses.

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
I think itd be foolish for anyone to say EC top players attending wouldnt have shaken up the tournament. Its not like they would all go 0-2 lol. It was disappointing though that there was no EC representation. Im sure there will be all regions clashing at MLG and EVO at least.

Skkra

PSN: Skkra
I don't know why the east coast doesn't travel more, but it's certainly a problem of sorts when some of the top players are on the younger side. When you need to ask permission from parents, or scrounge for money because you don't have a good/real job yet, it gets a lot harder to travel reliably since you're not in full control of your ability to do what you want, when you want. It kind of it what it is though. Can't blame someone for being 18 or 22 or whatever.

Yes, EC needs to travel more. I'm a nobody, but I was planning on going had it been any other weekend; I promised my wife we'd do something with family for Memorial Day, so that was that.

EndofGameBoss

That's about right.
I think the "east coast" attending could have mixed some things up, but the reality is, they didn't attend. So it is what it is. One thing is for certain, the west coast shows up to tournaments. Players from California made the event for crying out loud. Those players obviously want to be the best and to be remembered in this community, so they travel to meet competition. Kudos for that. Also, Theo vs Jups needs to happen.

Last edited:

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
So do west coast and other areas travel more to tourneys than east coast players do or what?

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
So do west coast and other areas travel more to tourneys than east coast players do or what?
well yeah thats obvious, WC has 3 events the entire year, SCR, MLG, EVO. they went to NEC, TFC, UFGT, etc EC players didn't leave the EC all year pretty much except evo. i really wish i would have went to UFGT.

RNLDRGN

RONALD ROGAN
The East Coast travels infrequently because we have a TON of majors nearby.

Winter Brawl
NEC
Summer Jam
Defend the North
Apex
Are ALL really close for the NYC and neighboring states. I probably left some off too. The Southern East Coast has a good number too with KIT, FR, CEO, and TFC.

With SO many majors 1-3 hours away for the majority of the NYC/NJ area and only 3-4 hours away for many PA, MD, MA, etc players, they're BOUND to not attend some that are further. The West Coast has a good number of tournaments, as does the MW, but nowhere near the amount of the East Coast (especially the Northeast). It's not a question of dedication, but moresoso why sit in a car for 12 hours when there will be a much closer/cheaper major in a month or two? Those states that only have a few majors nearby every year have all the more reason to attend something like UFGT.

How is the answer to this not automatic logic?

trufenix

bye felicia
How is the answer to this not automatic logic?
The issue is that EC players don't travel, but perpetuate the rhetoric that no tournament is complete without them. Zyphox's whole post is that UFGTX would've been different if EC was there. Well, either be there or give props and keep your trap shut. No need to discredit or qualify what actually happened through the EC lens. Nobody cares about what might've happened if EC was there when everybody else (even the canadians) was ACTUALLY there.