What's new

the 42% low starter and stupid physics

SwiftTomHanks

missiles are coming
Alright, so the combo:

b34, tu, b21, b34, extu, b2-flame comes out to 42% for 1 meter. That's awesome!

What is not awesome is how the physics of different characters effect your timing. After the b34,tu you want to hold forward for a second then do a b21 as the character starts to fall. However either some characters must fall at different rates or have such unique hit boxes while on their side that the timing of b21 is very different.

For instance, try this combo on Sub Zero; it's rather easy.

Now go test this out on Kitana; probably won't get it your first 10 tries.

So far the characters that have odd sideways hitboxes or fall at different and unique rates are Kitana, Mileena, and Kabal. All of these have different standing hit boxes so I'm surprised to find out that a sideways hit box would be unique to both Mileena and Kabal.

LAME.

Considering that the next closest low stater combo is only 4% less, I've never been too hung up on this one. 42% is sexier than 38%, but I'm not going to bust my ass over 2 blocked missiles.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
I've noticed this with Scorpion to a degree, landing the F4,3 Spear void setup is actually far easier on Kabal than most others due to the width of his falling hitbox imo..

but yeah, B3,4, TU, F4,4, EX TU, B2,FB still does 37% right? I wouldn't risk it for 5% personally..

SwiftTomHanks

missiles are coming
I don't recomend going for it either due to the degree of difficulty in timing a combo different for every character in the game. But 5% can and has been a difference maker before.

The no bar 34% is worth it though imo.
b34, tu,b21, dash 1, dash 11bq.

Much more than the standard
B34, tu, f44, tu.

NKZero

Noob
Alright, so the combo:

b34, tu, b21, b34, extu, b2-flame comes out to 42% for 1 meter. That's awesome!

What is not awesome is how the physics of different characters effect your timing. After the b34,tu you want to hold forward for a second then do a b21 as the character starts to fall. However either some characters must fall at different rates or have such unique hit boxes while on their side that the timing of b21 is very different.

For instance, try this combo on Sub Zero; it's rather easy.

Now go test this out on Kitana; probably won't get it your first 10 tries.

So far the characters that have odd sideways hitboxes or fall at different and unique rates are Kitana, Mileena, and Kabal. All of these have different standing hit boxes so I'm surprised to find out that a sideways hit box would be unique to both Mileena and Kabal.

LAME.
Also I noticed in the corner the low hitbox characters have a delayed drop it's so weird...

meter-less B34 I do B34-TU-B21-11B1 33% and sends them full screen
meter B34 I do B34-TU-F44-EX TU-(up missile set-up or B2-flame burner)

EDIT: oh wow I didn't know you could add an extra standing 1 in the meter-less combo for 34% :).

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
I noticed this a while back.. We would really have to know the timings for each match up in order to use the higher damaging kombos.

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
Character specific combos are not uncommon in fighting games though. Just use it on characters it works well on and you'll be fine broskie. Sektor still does that damage. Sektor pls