What's new

Video/Tutorial - Scorpion Thanks NRS!

Mitsuownes

Grandmaster of the Shirai-Ryu
This has always been in the game, I posted a list of the characters this happens to a while back. Will try and find the post.
Are you sure? Because I just realized it after the patch. Maybe it got worse now.

E

Eldriken

NRS and their fucking female hitboxes. They're a slight against God. -_-

The latter part of the video was great, by the way.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have two responses for this video.

My response to the first half:

Scorpion causes a lot of trouble for other characters with his crouching hurt box, as he causes a lot of characters highs (and even some mids) to whiff whilst crouch blocking. If NRS chose to repair this particular whiff issue that you've found, they should make the effort to fix every characters other issues too.

As it stands, Scorpion's attack whiffing balances out with the attacks that whiff on him, which is why I have difficulty sympathising.

My reply to the second half of the video:

That's some dangerous tech. I'd shit my pants if if ran into that mid match. Great find.

JTB123

>>R2 - BF4 = Unblockable.
Are you sure? Because I just realized it after the patch. Maybe it got worse now.
Yeah positive, I do agree it seems more of an issue post patch though but no idea what has caused it. Maybe they altered something regarding collision to Scorpions hit box for the move to low crush consistently but that in turn made the issue worse.

WATCHD0G

Noob
Ok seriously i'm a noob so i may not know why......but why the hell do female charaters have such jacked up hurt boxes?

Slips

Feared by dragons. Desired by virgins.
I hate this actually. It's annoying as hell when I poke out of pressure and then do f2 and they end up getting a full combo punish even though they guessed wrong on blocking low. Then we're forced to use a 25 frame overhead to mix up with a 12 frame low. It's pretty silly. Hopefully it gets fixed. :(

Slips

Feared by dragons. Desired by virgins.
how about spacing it out and using it properly ?
Properly? Like how it 'properly' works on everyone else but not small characters?

Is it really asking that much for Scorpion's main overhead to not whiff crouching opponents when he's at point blank range? It's already bad on whiff but we also have to have immaculate spacing to make his main overhead hit these characters? It's not even a combo starter and is barely unpunishable on block. We're not asking for the moon here.

Last edited: