What's new

Breakthrough TFW when you gain character mastery :D

Red Venom

The Main Man of TYM
The only thing that has barred me from unlocking Lobo's full combo potential has been the 113 & 12 xx into the Czarnian Toss. I've finally got the timing down and can do it nearly consistently. I've come up with roughly a 60-65% dmg combo for the cost of all your meter although I can't quite hit it consistently yet. I'll post a video if I can but it anyone wants to try it here's the input. :D BTW trait needs to be active also

ji1 b+2,u+1 b12xxb3(bounce cancel) ji2 11xxdbf2MB b+2,u+1xxdb1MB

Narra

What kind of reply are you looking for?
Probably one that goes on a rant about how being able to waste 4 bars on one combo isn't mastery.
Sounds like it to me but I think you gotta be crazy to waste 4 bars in a real battle for that little damage increase with Lobo.

Red Venom

The Main Man of TYM
I was hoping you guys would try it and let me know what you think or possibly share some combos you may have made up. Honestly out of all the combo stuff I've seen and read for this character I think I've invented an original combo albeit costly to your meter.

Narra

I was hoping you guys what try it and let me know what you think or possibly share some combos you may have made up. Honestly out of all the combo stuff I've seen and read for this character I think I've invented an original combo albeit costly to your meter.
He can do 50% with one bar so yes it may be original but it would just be for show like that 100% Grundy combo or those Fortress of Solitude Corner combos theres no way it would be a good idea to do this in a real battle considering how little the increase is over a one bar combo.

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
All of Your Meter=4 Bars
You're right, I just read bounce cancel.
I was hoping you guys would try it and let me know what you think or possibly share some combos you may have made up. Honestly out of all the combo stuff I've seen and read for this character I think I've invented an original combo albeit costly to your meter.
There already is a thread for this.

http://testyourmight.com/threads/lobo-living-combo-thread.31974/

And yeah, Narra is right, 4 bar combos are not really useful in real matches. Sry.

Red Venom

The Main Man of TYM
And by character mastery I meant being able to use all combo strings consistently and cancel into the special moves required for any combo possibility honestly it took me forever to get the 113 & 12 cancel in czar throw I'm just happy I can execute it now is all. :(

Narra

you could've posted it in the Combo thread
Its not just for a combo its also to say that he mastered the character in question ;)
People have those "I dropped so and so character so please pay attention to me" Threads so why not?
At least this is a positive one and not one bashing the mechanics of the game and its characters.

Narra

the best part about this is that Lobo has the easiest combos in the game to do
Easy for you not necessarily easy for others.
If the guy put the effort into mastering it despite having difficulties and still not dropping him some deal of respect should be shown.

Easy for you not necessarily easy for others.
If the guy put the effort into mastering it despite having difficulties and still not dropping him some deal of respect should be shown.
not trying to sound like a dick to OP, but 113/12 xx czar toss is pretty easy to do >_> I'd see if it was something like Back 12, Down 1 since that's pretty damn hard to link, but this is just a string into a special.

Narra

not trying to sound like a dick to OP, but 113/12 xx czar toss is pretty easy to do >_> I'd see if it was something like Back 12, Down 1 since that's pretty damn hard to link, but this is just a string into a special.
Even if you think otherwise let the man have his glory cancelling into Special can take a bit to truly master.

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
People have those "I dropped so and so character so please pay attention to me" Threads so why not?
To be fair, those people are actual top tournament players and established members of the offline competitive community. Most of them anyway. So we do kinda care. Kinda.

Narra

To be fair, those people are actual top tournament players and established members of the offline competitive community. Most of them anyway. So we do kinda care. Kinda.
So its okay if tournament players do but if anyone else people shrug them off? Come on theres really no reason to drop per say Batman.

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
So its okay if tournament players do but if anyone else people shrug them off? Come on theres really no reason to drop per say Batman.
Yes. Tournament players are what keep the game alive in the competitive scene. They're the ones who play the game at the highest level, the way it should be played. They're the ones who bring the hype and the views to streams and events. Why do I care if Timmy McVideogames drops a character, if he only plays Ranked and with his friend Jimmy McNeighbour at a very low, low level?

Narra

Yes. Tournament players are what keep the game alive in the competitive scene. They're the ones who play the game at the highest level, the way it should be played. They're the ones who bring the hype and the views to streams and events. Why do I care if Timmy McVideogames drops a character, if he only plays Ranked and with his friend Jimmy McNeighbour at a very low, low level?
So its a big woop if they drop a character and needs a 60 Page Thread? I find that hard to believe

Narra

If it's the best player with that character, yes.
Well I don't personally believe this is right just like that whole Scorpion charade at CEO where no one did anything until REO Said it was true and dismissed anyone who wasn't a top player......But this is straying far from the topic at hand so i'll drop it.

LOCO

DADDY BARAKA
yea
tym = follow the leader

although i do respect the as players the undoubtful word from theese top player rnt 100

and since reo said lobo is a tier watch a whole bunch of fake ass lobos comethough now
bullshit

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
yea
tym = follow the leader

although i do respect the as players the undoubtful word from theese top player rnt 100

and since reo said lobo is a tier watch a whole bunch of fake ass lobos comethough now
bullshit
Fake Lobos? Shouldn't you be happy if other people pick him up? I would be. I want as much attention to Lobo as possible. It'd be cool if he got a wake up buff in the next patch. I don't get why you would be mad at other because they picked up Lobo. Whatever I guess.