What's new

Test Your Backdash 2.0! All Characters' Backdashes Measured.

Trauma_and_Pain

Filthy Casual
Scorpions backdash is -29

Sub Zeros is -28

I can do the whole cast if you want @Trauma_and_Pain
Totally up to you man! I will probably end up testing that as well, even if it's just like peer review, but I've been mashing on Fallout 4 the past couple days and sort of wanted to wait until KP2 launches before I release more. I also plan on redoing the backdash distance test with the Kustom Kombat perk to disable camera zoom for more accuracy. I was just going to update this thread with all backdash related material.

Right now I can edit in the info you're giving me and cite it as your findings in the OP, but what exactly is the value of these numbers you're giving me? Is it the number of active frames i.e. from startup until invulnerability ends? Or from startup until recovery ends i.e. the character is neutral and can take action again?

Last edited:

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
It's if he backdashes, thats how many frames it takes before he can reblock again
Totally up to you man! I will probably end up testing that as well, even if it's just like peer review, but I've been mashing on Fallout 4 the past couple days and sort of wanted to wait until KP2 launches before I release more. I also plan on redoing the backdash distance test with the Kustom Kombat perk to disable camera zoom for more accuracy. I was just going to update this thread with all backdash related material.

Right now I can edit in the info you're giving me and cite it as your findings in the OP, but what exactly is the value of these numbers you're giving me? Is it the number of active frames i.e. from startup until invulnerability ends? Or from startup until recovery ends i.e. the character is neutral and can take action again?

WiseTree

Best Of Worst
What this means is the only variables to my knowledge are distance, active frames (invincible frames), and recovery (vulnerable/unsafe frames).
I'm not sure if that's conclusive; speed in my opinion is also a factor.

For the sake of example, let's assume goro and kano have the same frames and dash distance. But we all know kano is faster. That means that while kano is already in the end position (spatially) when his invincibility frames end, goro is only in the middle. So kano then spends the rest of the frames recovering in the end position, while goro finishes movement and then recovers, which amounts to the same amount of frames. But goro is closer to the opponent when he's vulnerable, hence making his backdash less useful.

The example is very much simplified, but I think it would be worth taking speed into account.

Unless I'm misunderstanding the whole point and this has already been taken account for?

Trauma_and_Pain

Filthy Casual
Unless I'm misunderstanding the whole point and this has already been taken account for?
No, you're right, speed is another variable, but that is, in a sense determined by the frame data--active and recovery frames. The backdash speed is not constant e.g. Sub starts off fast and then slows down a lot toward the end. It's sort of like how some characters rubber band forward or backward a bit for the first step they take in the neutral--it helps with their footsies, but this is something I see as a player just needing to be familiar with their own character. It's not really something you can put a number on (since the speed is not constant).

Basically the answer is you would look at the total frames, from Startup to neutral, and that would tell you the speed of the backdash. God Confirm has tested a few of these and some other players have as well. I cited God Confirm's findings in OP.

Last edited:

Trauma_and_Pain

Filthy Casual
Update - Added new video including all KP2 characters. It's MUCH more accurate than the last video because I used Klose Kombat to prevent zoom. Can also confirm that no backdash distances were changed in the patch.

Last edited: