What's new

Question - Kenshi Terminology Help

I have played fighting games all my life but never got serious about them because I had no one to play with. Looking to really learn with MKX. I am maining Kenshi and can pull off almost all of the combos I've seen on these threads but I dont understand what stuff like BnB and vortex means. Could somebody please explain These? I play balanced and kenjutsu.

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
I have played fighting games all my life but never got serious about them because I had no one to play with. Looking to really learn with MKX. I am maining Kenshi and can pull off almost all of the combos I've seen on these threads but I dont understand what stuff like BnB and vortex means. Could somebody please explain These? I play balanced and kenjutsu.
BnB= Bread and butter, it means your regular combo you use all the time to punish, randomly hit people with/whatever your hearts content, it is essentially your combos that you just use constantly, like kenshis bnbs are B32 (or F32 if you are punishing someone) run cancel, F32, telefury. Vortex is putting people in a guessing situation where they have to guess weather you are going to hit them with an over head or a low and after everytime they guess wrong they get put into the same situation where they have to guess again

I usually use 421 as a punish/opener. Finding that back3,2 is working alright.

As for the vortex, would using 2,2 be considered one?

Thanks for the help. I'm having a lot of fun learning the intricacies. I want to use kenjutsu more but i have been hitting a wall with it lately. Balanced is working a lot better. Watched some of Pig's ESL matches and started to implement some of his strats. it's helped quite a bit.

MrProfDrPepper

I usually use 421 as a punish/opener. Finding that back3,2 is working alright.

As for the vortex, would using 2,2 be considered one?

Thanks for the help. I'm having a lot of fun learning the intricacies. I want to use kenjutsu more but i have been hitting a wall with it lately. Balanced is working a lot better. Watched some of Pig's ESL matches and started to implement some of his strats. it's helped quite a bit.
F22 is not a vortex, that can set up into one, however balanced kenshi has no mix ups, vortexes, etc. kenjitsu has some, but they are not very good, also the best way to get that opener off is to mix it up with a lot of grabs and 4D4, then once you hit them with enough of those and trained them to block high then you can hit them with a B32 opener into run cancel F32 telefury for a solid 31% damage

I'm on now and having a hard time with the run cancel. Its weird because i can cancel into specials with no problem. I'll keep trying.

I ususally go for 421, rk, b1, tele

Any tips on using b1? In combos like the one above its fine but any time i go to use it as a poke or opener i get stuffed.

MrProfDrPepper

I'm on now and having a hard time with the run cancel. Its weird because i can cancel into specials with no problem. I'll keep trying.

I ususally go for 421, rk, b1, tele

Any tips on using b1? In combos like the one above its fine but any time i go to use it as a poke or opener i get stuffed.
well the better option is to use F32 since it does more damage and pushes them further back. but as a combo starter put in b1 and then immediatly cancel into RK