What's new

Strategy - Kung Lao Tempest vs Buzz saw pros and cons

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
I'm just now picking up kung lao and am curious about the pros and cons of each. From what I understand, buzzsaw has better lows and tempest has better damage? Besides f23, d3 and throw, how do you open people up in tempest? Thanks guys

AK Stormthegates

WOOLAY!!!!
You really don't open people up in tempest. Its more like playing strong neutral and creating false holes in order to swing using his really strong advancing normals like b2 and b321 into hat spin and then confirming. Buzzsaw is good at pestering your opponent with lots of blows that don't do alot but add up after a while. He also has access to the advancing ex spin which is REALLY good in certain matchups.

Daemantalo

Not Good Enough
Tempest is more designed to stuff wake-up armored moves using his Orbiting Hat. That orbiting hat does lots of useful things and if you get it hit confirmed, I'm pretty sure it's a full combo that follows up. Buzzsaw is awesome for mix-ups such as the B22 to Low Hat throw combo. Tempest also has better combo potential and I think is the more aggressive variation in the neutral.

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
I'm leaning more towards tempest but buzzsaw sounds really good too. Great info thank you guys

D3 doesnt have enough advantage on hit and is slower. D4 is the better poke. I think its best to use tempest if you are only going for 1 variation. Even if you are going to play both it is best to learn tempest before you learn buzzsaw, because there is more to learn with buzzsaw imo.

D4G

Win At All Cost
Trying to learn buzz saw here and I have a difficult time getting anyone opened up.

What strings should I be using? So far I've been using B321 to pressure but I feel like that's the wrong thing to do, very slow and easy to block the upcoming low hat afterwards.

AK Stormthegates

WOOLAY!!!!
Trying to learn buzz saw here and I have a difficult time getting anyone opened up.

What strings should I be using? So far I've been using B321 to pressure but I feel like that's the wrong thing to do, very slow and easy to block the upcoming low hat afterwards.
Litterally do shit like b3, b32, 112124, b2, f23 into low hat and when they start blocking low go for throw or b2. also d4 xxx low hat is love d4 xxx low hat is life.

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
B3 seems to be an amazing string. Advances forward basically safely. Throw out low hat or throw just keep going. Great ground tool

Blade4693

VIVIVI
I myself am trying to decide which one I should learn. For somebody who hasn't really touched Lao trying to decide which is better for me is tough lol