What's new

Question - Kung Lao Tempest, Buzzsaw, Hat Trick, where to use it, when to use and why to use it?

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I know the variation system was supposed to be a sort of soft counter to MUs, but the game has been a complete mess right now that no one is daring enough to create MU charts, instead i see ppl attached to variations that covers their playstyle rather than using as a soft counter.

Either way, or you learn a variation deep or you lurk around the 3 and keep getting boned after switching.

So, i play Hat Trick, i like Hat Trick because it allows me to manipulate the Hat more freely, perform setups and having that hat out there on the right moments really cuts off many characters strenghts and can even help to close up space.

But I've see 80% of TYM plays Tempest because its his best variation, and the other 10% plays buzzsaw.

My question is, in what MUs do you think is more favorable to use Buzzsaw, in which MU you think is more favorable for tempest and what MU do you think are better for Hat Trick?

biggabarr

chilling
Kung Lao has no zoning tools, just midscreen and close kombat with agility, so it does not matter the variation used same out come, cause he only use his hats to make combo or normals safe.

Osagri

Fear the blade of Osh-Tekk
I think that buzzsaw is better against chars who have moves that has crazy pushblock on some moves which are hard to punish but he has advancing exspin. Imo