What's new

Question - Mileena Teleport kick punishment?

ZeroSymbolic

W.A.S.P.
I just played somebody online who would telekick and I'd block it and still could not follow up even with fast normals. It was retarded. How to you beat this move?

ShadyHeart

Relationship with Sonya ended
If she doesn't use sai, it is punishable by almost anything with leniency. I honestly don't know what to say if you can't punish it. Just uppercut her as soon as you block it for the easiest punish (unless your characters uppercut is garbage like kung lao).

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
If your character doesn't have a good combo to punish it, just uppercut. Since she's airborne, a lot of bnb's will won't work, but a trusty d2 will always connect.

Nu-Skoool

Feel the nerf of despair
There's no, consistent, universal option. Uppercuts can lose out to sai because characters become taller during the moves duration.

You have to take your character into the lab, test out the various air sai timings and go from there.

TheGabStandard

The anticipation is killing me
No. The standard telekick (d,d,3), and I could not answer it. Dual went from 10-1 to 10-6 because I couldn't do anything against that fucking move.
If it is just telekick on it's own you should be able to punish with any reasonable speed normal. You might possibly be waiting too long for the punish. Easiest thing to do is go to practice mode and set Mileena to do the telekick so you can practice punishing it.

RVB

twitch.tv/rvblacktail
Then grab her
That might work online vs some inexperienced player.
If you do go for a grab as a punish all your opponent needs to do is either tech the grab or armor.
What I'm saying is Sai after telekick on block puts Mileena in a position where she can get away for free.

TheGabStandard

The anticipation is killing me
That might work online vs some inexperienced player.
If you do go for a grab as a punish all your opponent needs to do is either tech the grab or armor.
What I'm saying is Sai after telekick on block puts Mileena in a position where she can get away for free.
Grab should work fine in both scenarios if you do it straight after a block telekick (although it has been a while since I have seen it).

If a sai is thrown, Mileena can be grabbed before the sai becomes active thus avoiding the hit.

RVB

twitch.tv/rvblacktail
Grab should work fine in both scenarios if you do it straight after a block telekick (although it has been a while since I have seen it).

If a sai is thrown, Mileena can be grabbed before the sai becomes active thus avoiding the hit.
straight after doesn't exist online:DOGE

Last edited: