What's new

Strategy - Scorpion Teleport Cancel pros and cons

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist

1 telecancel = to 2 Backdashes

Cons
- You can't use stamina maneuvers for a while if you do those, meaning you will temporarily lose the ability to backdash, run, propel jump break a combo, use an interactable until you get at least one bar back and 2 for a breaker.
- Can't tele Cancel without 100% of Stamina, if its not full there is no Cancel
- Doing juggle combos with tele-cancel might be out of question

Pros
+ You can whiff and full combo punish long recovery specials with this one.

Last edited:

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
What does this mean? The red circle is throwing me off
It means if Scorpion telecancels without thinking he will become a sitting duck.
It means he can't telecancel away without being vulnerable to the opponent full offense on this short period of 2 seconds.
It means he can't tele cancel when he as only 1 bar.

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
This is exlusive to Scorpion yes?
What do you mean? I only know about Takeda having similar option.
It was also stated that Displacer Raiden needs 1 bar of stamina to use his new forward and backwards teleport, if that's covered by your question too.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Takeda's is different, I believe. Takeda's is like a standard move cancel, where you can hold it down and dash out. Scorpion's involves special inputs, if I understand correctly, allowing him to actually start the move but not complete the teleport. Is that correct?

ATP2014

The best mediocre Batman
I meant exclusive to mean an offensive teleport with an attack follow up can be changed to an empty teleport at the cost of stamina. As far as we know, only Scorpion can do this.

After thinking about it, this is probably a great option for getting optimal punishes on slow projectiles such as interactables.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Takeda's is different, I believe. Takeda's is like a standard move cancel, where you can hold it down and dash out. Scorpion's involves special inputs, if I understand correctly, allowing him to actually start the move but not complete the teleport. Is that correct?
You actually can't dash out of Takedas like some of the other moves, but you can hit down, down to cancel it and then be free to move again.