What's new

Question - Grandmaster Tele-Sai Help Needed

hkriderz

Lin Kuei Scum, yellow robot enthusiast
I've asked Tom on stream and he says 242 always punishes no matter what. I've never been able to land it at all though, even in practice.

I feel like armoring is an incredible waste of meter, especially in that matchup where you need every drop of it.

Tele sai is very weird. If you block it high and she doesn't sai, anything you do whiffs in her face and you die. And on crouch block its impossible to punish as sub since his d2 is like 12 frames (Really Paulo?)

Hopefully new patch will make it not come out on block.

But for now, please help.

Snibbor

Yarrrr Matey
Maybe f4, ice ball as she lands?

The Sai can be easily neutral ducked and whiff punished after a blocked teleport, I usually d2 her immediately after the blocked tp, but since gm's d2 is butt I'm not sure what to do.

Snibbor

Yarrrr Matey
Hmm. I'm able to do a S1 right after a neutral ducked air Sai, then run cancel into f42 xxslide. B12 also seems to work after a blocked air sai.

Wigy

There it is...
Telesai is broken in its current state, most characters just sort of have to hold it.

Snibbor

Yarrrr Matey
I think a d1 will punish the teleport while Mileena is still in the air regardless of whether or not she throws a sai after, because it'll punish the teleport either way and low profile the sai if she does throw it

hkriderz

Lin Kuei Scum, yellow robot enthusiast
I actually am able to punish it with 242 as well.
When you record AI, make sure sub is crouch blocking and make sure the recorded sai is low enough that crouching sub blocks it. Then try to punish.

Also s1 timing is finicky, and d1 works but very worthless punish.

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
Poor Subzero. D1/D3 is your only guaranteed punish
idk but does d1 regular iceball connect? If it can't you can only do d1/d3 shatter. or make read and use a better punish

Snibbor

Yarrrr Matey
Dude. I totally cannot time the air sai to hit a crouch blocking sub zero. I know it's possible but d1 or ducking the sai has always worked for me.

Revenant Zero

Death Comes
I am so used to this:
Mileena uses Tele, Block and Grab
Mileena uses Tele then on the way down air sai, give her the D...2