What's new

Tekken 7 General Discussion Thread - OP Updated With All Tekken Info

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
At this rate Tekken 8 is going to release before Tekken 7. Hoping they learn and release during holiday season at least.

Also, looking over the buffs/nerfs of FR, and I would say this is probably the worst done change list I've ever seen in a Tekken game. Almost every update I agree with most changes, but this one has me turning in disgust for the first time.

WidowPuppy

Attack pekingese
At this rate Tekken 8 is going to release before Tekken 7. Hoping they learn and release during holiday season at least.

Also, looking over the buffs/nerfs of FR, and I would say this is probably the worst done change list I've ever seen in a Tekken game. Almost every update I agree with most changes, but this one has me turning in disgust for the first time.
Haven't been paying much attention to nerfs and buffs, cause the time for me to play T7 is so fuckin far out of my reach that I could not care less. Only Fighting game I'm excited about, but... I wouldn't call it excited anymore. More like agonizing. I'll save my hype for about 2 months before a scheduled console release, so... About another year, again.

This is like some ancient/ice age marketing type shit. They also should pick a release far away from any other blockbuster fighting games [If they wise up]. In other words... Won't be surprised if INJ 2 pushes T7 back another 6 months or so after another year. No way they're releasing T7FR this year with an arcade release scheduled for July. Their precious arcade owners would be pissed.

Also won't be surprised if all the non Tekken fan Akuma/new systems hype dies by the time it hits console. Once again leaving Tekken to only the Tekken players, and... Once again, getting booted to the back of the bus on streams at majors for the likes of INJ 2, SF5, etc...

Last edited:

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Haven't been paying much attention to nerfs and buffs, cause the time for me to play T7 is so fuckin far out of my reach that I could not care less. Only Fighting game I'm excited about, but... I wouldn't call it excited anymore. More like agonizing. I'll save my hype for about 2 months before a scheduled console release, so... About another year, again.

This is like some ancient/ice age marketing type shit. They also should pick a release far away from any other blockbuster fighting games [If they wise up]. In other words... Won't be surprised if INJ 2 pushes T7 back another 6 months or so after another year. No way they're releasing T7FR this year with an arcade release scheduled for July. Their precious arcade owners would be pissed.

Also won't be surprised if all the non Tekken fan Akuma/new systems hype dies by the time it hits console. Once again leaving Tekken to only the Tekken players, and... Once again, getting booted to the back of the bus on streams at majors for the likes of INJ 2, SF5, etc...
Error. Too much facts to compute!

TheIrishFGCguy

Pew pew pew
That's rough. I don't understand why Harada can't see how much this type of nonsense is hurting Tekken. I know that the franchise is huge and will ultimately sell well no matter what, but it could be so much more. This arcade marketing stuff has been stunting Tekken's global potential for years.

I'm still going to buy it day 1 and play the absolute shit out of it, but still, wise up Harada! lol

WidowPuppy

Attack pekingese
That's rough. I don't understand why Harada can't see how much this type of nonsense is hurting Tekken. I know that the franchise is huge and will ultimately sell well no matter what, but it could be so much more. This arcade marketing stuff has been stunting Tekken's global potential for years.

I'm still going to buy it day 1 and play the absolute shit out of it, but still, wise up Harada! lol
Put perfectly, 100% Agreed.

TheIrishFGCguy

Pew pew pew
Did anyone see Harada's tweet the other day? Someone tweeted him saying "I need to learn Japanese :'(" and he replied with "You don't need to learn Japanese. I've more big news for you guys in this summer"

Could be anything, but I'm ever so slightly optimistic that it's good news for us console peasants.

Did anyone see Harada's tweet the other day? Someone tweeted him saying "I need to learn Japanese :'(" and he replied with "You don't need to learn Japanese. I've more big news for you guys in this summer"

Could be anything, but I'm ever so slightly optimistic that it's good news for us console peasants.
Probably another character reveal.