What's new

Tech Tech against people who armor through MS mixups

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
Alright so this may be known by some people but i think it deserves more discussion and for people that have never seen this or dont know it then awesome.

Most of sonyas game relies on using her Military Stance in mixups to generate 50/50s and other offense. She also has a reset that ends in Military Stance which provides even more mind games. Now the downside to a lot of the MS stuff is that armor can interrupt a lot of it.

So the tech here is that you can raw cancel from MS right into Ex-Cartwheel. Therefore if you notice someone armoring through your MS stuff then you can go into MS, wait instead of doing the mixup, and then cancel into Ex-Cartwheel after seeing that they are choosing to use armor. Since your armor comes out second it should win vs most armored moves.

This is good against characters that have good readily available armor for interrupting such as Rain, Jax, Kenshi, Skarlet, Jade, Sonya herself, Kabal, etc.

If the person does not armor you can choose to follow up normally with your MS move or cancel into other things. This is a great option IMO because it stops one of the only ways that people have to keep sonya off them with her deadly MS mixups and mind games. Most people will be scared to armor through any MS stuff once you do this to them freeing you up to go nuts.

And yes i realize im discussing tech for a broken character. IM A BAD PERSON.

DoctrineDark

Too little, too late...
That's right, I'm preparing a video of this, I discovered some time ago, you may cancel MS with Block or other any special, EX, etc is safer because MS can not block dash cancel instantly.

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
I've used this tech myself since some months back and can vouch for Smarrgasm when I say that it is very effective. Sonya players, take notes.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
Haha, ya you always gotta be on the lookout for ex moves with armor when your opponent has meter during normal MS pressure. There are some MS mixups that are safe though... like I believe B21~MS can not be armored or jumped out of. However I am still totally learning the character at this point so I could be totally wrong.

Also, if someone just has armor on startup I like to use D4 into cartwheel because with the long range D4 you will hit them out of their armor move and your ex move will start up later and roll through their special. This is more part of the oki game though.