What's new

TCW - The Love and Support for NRS

Mr Aquaman

Armored Launcher
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Hello ladies and gentlemen, My name to most of you is Mr Aquaman, to some it is some form of a reference to the glorious arch that bestows my upper lip. I am here today as a tournament organizer for The Common Wealth, or TCW. We at TCW took pride last year in being the only real tournament with a focus on you, the NRS scene. This scene has been my home for many years now and I started working on TCW with the full intent to give this scene the love and attention it truly deserves. From the bottom of my heart thank you to everyone that came to the first event and watched it live from home, you guys are the real mvp. Now we fast forward over a year.

TCW September 17-18 2016

This year we have completely revamped the event to be quicker, easier, and better. I will only get into the nitty gritty for the NRS scene in this post. This year I have brought back my good friends at DPS to give us the amazing production that they gave us before. MKX will be broadcasted by them ALL DAY Saturday again, as well as on finals day. Expect MORE MATCHES than seen as most tournaments with our amazing system of back to back matches cutting out downtime to a minimum to none. We will have players interviews with the NRS SCENES best both interviewing and being interviewed. Some of the guys already lined up will be Kitana Prime, Big D, Arma will be back, a few surprises, and myself helping when I can. KP wants to do the live interviews and that is something I can not wait to see!

In case you missed it, the most viewed MKX grand final to date!

This year we have moved locations! We will not be at the Norfolk Scope, we have partnered up with Dave and Buster's! The size is smaller in sq ft but my team has a plan in place that will be perfect for our sized event. We are working with their technicians on getting the stream stations hooked up to monitors and projectors located around the entire venue! There are projectors and flat screens located at the bars and dining areas. We are working on a custom drink menu for the FGC. (Trying to get them to make my personal creation called the "Armored Palmer"........... ok you get it by now). I will have a TON TON TON of power up cards to give away so that players in their downtime can have free use of the metric ton of games that are located in their own arcade. The 4 person mario kart arcade setup is amazing and the latest version of DDR just arrived their 2 weeks ago. This venue is designed to give attendees the best possible event experience. In your downtime the possibilities are ENDLESS. There are so many things to do within walking distance as well, there is a trampoline park in the building next to DNBs and a billion great restaurants as well as cheap eats within walking distance. The biggest downside to me is the location to hotels. Hotels are going to be about a 10-20 min drive away from the venue. We are doing our best to make this up to players. We have decided to keep pre registration at ONLY $35 UNTIL THE EVENT! Hotels will also be greatly priced and I will release the new hotel info this week.

What I need from everyone here. If you plan to come this year, please pre register! This helps us in a million ways. I fully expect MKX to be our biggest game once again and I want to show the world we can have a place where MKX shines above all others. That is all I ask, it saves you guys money and it makes things easier to plan on our end.

tgsgaming.com/product/tcw-game-registration

Any questions or concerns please let me know!

All of the love,

A Mustache

p.s

Be sure to check out other great events between now and then such as DTN, Summer Jam X, and KIT Mid-South Championships

http://www.defendthenorth.com/

http://bigegaming.com/

http://kitrevival.com/

Attachments

Indecisive

We'll burn you all—that is your fate!
Also if yall don't want Dave and Buster Food there is food around the area. including a Wawa and a Waffle house around 5 minutes away driving distance. If yall are about that life.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
I hope WB gives you a nice pot bonus to attract internationals. They left evo with a bad taste in their mount... be cool for them to see how cool a US event can be done!

"Two out-a three, Baby. GET MIXED!!" - KP on Evo2016
"This EVO sucked" - Foxy

bdizzle2700

gotta stay sharp!
How far is the venue from newport news? Lol im in virginia visiting my grand parents so maybe i can stay a bit longer and play

Sounds great. I'm pretty freaking psyched for this.

@Mr Aquaman
On another note, I did my registration for this a couple weeks ago. I didn't receive any confirmation of registration other than an e-mailed PayPal receipt from TGS. Is that all I need? How do I check to be sure I'm registered?

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
@Mr Aquaman Do you think the different games will split into their own tournaments or will we stay with several games but maybe some scenes are more emphasized than others?

Good luck to you and the rest of the team organizing the event.

Mr Aquaman

Armored Launcher
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Sounds great. I'm pretty freaking psyched for this.

@Mr Aquaman
On another note, I did my registration for this a couple weeks ago. I didn't receive any confirmation of registration other than an e-mailed PayPal receipt from TGS. Is that all I need? How do I check to be sure I'm registered?
Yes sir that receipt is the confirmation, you are on my spreadsheet ;]

Mr Aquaman

Armored Launcher
Administrator
Premium Supporter
@Mr Aquaman Do you think the different games will split into their own tournaments or will we stay with several games but maybe some scenes are more emphasized than others?

Good luck to you and the rest of the team organizing the event.
At TCW we want to keep it as diverse as possible, with emphasis on the games with larger entrants that draw the biggest crowds at all levels of tournaments especially in Virginia.