What's new

Question - Tanya Tanya's teleport overnerfed?

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
If the only thing changed is allowing more AA hits against Tanya and now she has to think if she should teleport and do an attack AND can still do everything she could do before including cancel tele upon landing into some things, how is that an overnerf? Gameplan stayed the same which is still pretty strong just with a bit more risk IF you tele forward looking for hard to hit invincibility and almost free pressure. That seems like if that happened to anyone's main they would be talking like they got away with murder.

I mean if anything is off in my thinking, please feel free to enlighten me. I don't have much matchup knowledge or Tanya know-how. (Almost had the first nerf Tanya thread. Should've done it and acted like I knew CEO was going to happen.)

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
She has the mobility to clean my house quickly and thoroughly, but she can't get in if its locked now.

All joking aside, if you saw Sonic Fox play her lame - you would know that she needs nothing.

Yes it got over nerfed, they only needed to eliminate the invincibility that was all, rest should have stayed the way it was.

ImperatrixSindel

Too bad YOU... will DIE!
She is still easily top 5. Just less braindead. If you needed to abuse backwards teleport to win you weren't playing her smart anyway.

Lanqu

Noob
Guys, HELP, cant stand GM SubZero with nerfed KJ Tanya. What the fuck, "best air mobility charachter" cant get out of the GM's corner.
Issues are:
1. How to get out of the corner vs GM Sub? Any hints or I need to just play usual guessing game vs him?
2. Can't do anything vs Kitana. Fanspam brings me down to the ground. Each TP eats fans for 31% combo. Ground game is also pain in the ass because of much range on Kitanas pokes.

Can DN Tanya solve this issues with its range pokes? Can it help to stop Kitana from spaming fans or will I trade with her in her favour? Can DN ruin GMs clone game or is it too negative on block? Or may he be able to just slide under it?

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
I'm a Kitana player and I can help. Her D1 is only +3 on hit and because of its awesome range, no normals from Kitana are guaranteed to force you to block. Her F2 reaches far but its startup is like 18 frame. So if you got HIT by D1 from max range, use your quick mid advancing normal to do whatever you want. You are very likely to hit Kitana when she's trying to throw you. It's very unlike that you will got hit by a second D1 because we never D1 two times in a row like that. If you block a D1, it's -9 on block, run in and do whatever you want.
Kitana's D3 D4 range and speed is very bad, trust me your pokes are way better than her

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
I'm a Kitana player and I can help. Her D1 is only +3 on hit and because of its awesome range, no normals from Kitana are guaranteed to force you to block. Her F2 reaches far but its startup is like 18 frame. So if you got HIT by D1 from max range, use your quick mid advancing normal to do whatever you want. You are very likely to hit Kitana when she's trying to throw you. It's very unlike that you will got hit by a second D1 because we never D1 two times in a row like that. If you block a D1, it's -9 on block, run in and do whatever you want.
Kitana's D3 D4 range and speed is very bad, trust me your pokes are way better than her
in MK9 her d1 was I think -15 on block yet nobody punished it consistently. Now that she has launching armor, any follow up after your d1 (blocked or hit) is super risky.

also, the only tanya variation that has good mid hitting normals is Kobu. The other two will struggle much more in this already tough mu for Kobu. Tanya is forced to approach slowly from the ground and use f2 to whiff punish. Tanya also has the ability to use armor so that slightly evens the playing field. @Lanqu Overall, focus on approaching slow and picking your moments to close the gap and go for big damage. I think Kobu is the best vari for this mu because of how well she can lock down kitana once she is in.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Guys, HELP, cant stand GM SubZero with nerfed KJ Tanya. What the fuck, "best air mobility charachter" cant get out of the GM's corner.
Issues are:
1. How to get out of the corner vs GM Sub? Any hints or I need to just play usual guessing game vs him?
2. Can't do anything vs Kitana. Fanspam brings me down to the ground. Each TP eats fans for 31% combo. Ground game is also pain in the ass because of much range on Kitanas pokes.

Can DN Tanya solve this issues with its range pokes? Can it help to stop Kitana from spaming fans or will I trade with her in her favour? Can DN ruin GMs clone game or is it too negative on block? Or may he be able to just slide under it?
If you play Kobu then you can EX Rekka through the clone and another attack(two hits of armor). That gets you out of the corner pretty consistently. Also don't bother teleporting with clones out as it is way too big of a risk. Be patient, let him hang himself by sliding, b2ing, etc.

Shes still really good guys

I mean cmon, did anyone really think a tele with so many positives and basically no negatives was balanced? It covers a ton of space, can be used as a mix up on hit or block, can be combo'd into with EX, it was invincible meaning good luck anti airing. Some aspect of it had to give and giving her opponent a way to knock her out of the air was probably the best way to do it.

Would you prefer the invincibility stayed but you could not longer EX the move? Idk seems like the best way to nerf the tele imo

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Shes still really good guys

I mean cmon, did anyone really think a tele with so many positives and basically no negatives was balanced? It covers a ton of space, can be used as a mix up on hit or block, can be combo'd into with EX, it was invincible meaning good luck anti airing. Some aspect of it had to give and giving her opponent a way to knock her out of the air was probably the best way to do it.

Would you prefer the invincibility stayed but you could not longer EX the move? Idk seems like the best way to nerf the tele imo
They nuked tele pretty hard, I doubt you'll see it much at a high level except in combos. Sometimes you can catch people with iatele njp because the priority on her njp is ridiculous but for the most part it is better to just play footsies to get in. However in Kobu she doesn't need the teleport, her reka pressure is good enough to keep her top ten, maybe even top five.

The Magician

According to my sources...
She can still special cancel chain her teleports right as she lands, GG nrs. She can even armor rekkas or use any other special.