What's new

Tech - Pyromancer Tanya *tekk

You already knew about this didn't you?

• Total voters

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
I'm a big fan of Tanya so I decided to do something I haven't done since June and take a look at her weaker variation, Pyromancer. To start, I went to her combo section and learned nothing. That combo section looked really sad, but I didn't find much for Pyro myself. I figured why let props, however little, go to waste.

Here's what we got, boys:

New Meterless Pyro Bnbs Midscreen with F2 xx Teleport:

New Meterless Pyro Corner Bnbs Possible starters F2/4/112/24/xx Teleport:

Notes

There's a catch on the midscreen F2. Tanya has to be in the right stance, which happens to be the stance opposite of the opponent's. If your opponent isn't in the stance you need him to be up close, it's possible to force the stance switch while maintaining offense with D4 on hit and few other normals or strings. F2 xx tele will hit every character, along with 112/B1 2+4 in the corner - no stance requirement. Any other string might depend on male/female. Her low option, B31 xx Teleport will never link, unfortunately.

Teleport links of course work throughout all variations. Naginata wouldn't use this. In Kobu, however, this tech will improve bnbs and adds meterless damage options off B1, 2+4 in the corner up to 34%:

New Kobu Bnbs Midscreen and Corner:

To summarize:
•F2 xx Teleport NJP will hit all characters, midscreen and corner. Midscreen requires a specific stance.

•Various other strings/normals - 112, 24, S3, S4, Kobu's b1 2+4 will work in corner. F4 would probably work too if it wasn't bugged.

• New barebones Pyro, Kobu midscreen to corner combos potential

This may or may not be common knowledge. I haven't seen string> teleport>njp link (aka "shazzy's korean teleport tekk") combos in the forums and decided to share.

Pyromancer has limited meterless options among a few other issues and I'm looking forward to the changes KP2 era will bring for Tanya. This tech is meant to be built on and it in no way saves Pyro from it's grave. I'll keep digging.

Happy New Year!

@SonicFox5000
@EGP Wonder_Chef
@TopTierHarley
@Awkward Sloth
@RagingRicans
@BLACKRENEGADE
@Pan1cMode
@Rip Torn
@Dragon_FGC
@daddydab32ho
@tanyaboyz

Last edited:
Yeah um me and magician and now mit use the s4 combos for kobu for a little over a month. Its cool that you found it but you would have to give credit to magician for finding this stuff for about a month ago.

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
Yeah um me and magician and now mit use the s4 combos for kobu for a little over a month. Its cool that you found it but you would have to give credit to magician for finding this stuff for about a month ago.
Link me to the thread he posted. Also who's Magician, and why do I have to give credit to him when I discovered it independently? Did he patent it?

I didn't even get tagged, FeelsBadMan
My bad, I remember you from way back, being a Cassie guy. Had no idea you were Kobu now, did you post this somewhere before? Your lawyer @Tierproblems18 wants me to pay you royalties apparently

yeah i read the thread. I'm saying magician already found this tech and the f2 into tele part so it is max corner carry. This is what i'm trying to say. Im sorry if i offended you @Shyyzmm but i just wanted to let you know that somebody found it as well just happened to be before you

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
yeah i read the thread. I'm saying magician already found this tech and the f2 into tele part so it is max corner carry. This is what i'm trying to say. Im sorry if i offended you @Shyyzmm but i just wanted to let you know that somebody found it as well just happened to be before you
I'm not offended, it's just a weird post. I don't care if Magician, you, or some guy playing mkx in Jamaica found this. I posted this because there was nothing about it on tym, and now there is.

If anyone seems offended, it seems like it's you for your boys not getting props. You guys knew for a month and still didn't share so deal with it. I learned this like 5 hours ago. Feel free to contribute now or take your baggage somewhere else please.

Last edited:

Airvidal

"You play weird" It's called being unorthodox ;)
Nope, Chef is right. it's not about corner carry, that would be mid screen. What he just showed us gives us new meterless corner options, I can see that 35% combo reaching 40% in no time, all meterless.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Hey, thanks for the videos! f2~tele combos were actually found like week 1 Tanya haha. Only issue was that they are character stance/specific :(. That's why they're not in the combo thread.

SonicFox5000

The Best.
Yeah what panic said xD
When i used Naginata i accidentally did this week 1 testing for F2 staff things. This only works on big bodies and even THEN is often inconsistent

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
Hey, thanks for the videos! f2~tele combos were actually found like week 1 Tanya haha. Only issue was that they are character stance/specific :(. That's why they're not in the combo thread.
These are not character specific, at least F2 isn't along with the corner stuff. The combos found week 1 are with J1 instead of NJP which either don't work at all, or inconsistent at best. The hangup here for NJP is the stance, a midscreen problem for Tanya but imo it adds to the character.

Yeah what panic said xD
When i used Naginata i accidentally did this week 1 testing for F2 staff things. This only works on big bodies and even THEN is often inconsistent
Guys try it, they always hit on any character. Mash out the njp. I'll post a video of me hitting it 10 times in a row on D'vorah.

When I post something I test it extensively. This isn't some amateur hour, forgot-to-turn-on-tech-roll- @TopTierHarley tekk kind of situation here.

Last edited:

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
These are not character specific, at least F2 isn't along with the corner stuff. The combos found week 1 are with J1 instead of NJP which either don't work at all, or inconsistent at best. The hangup here for NJP is the stance, a midscreen problem for Tanya but imo it adds to the character.

Guys try it, they always hit on any character. Mash out the njp. I'll post a video of me hitting it 10 times in a row on D'vorah.
f2 is however stance specific

I'm not doubting your testing, just saying stance specific combos are never really good as BnBs.

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
f2 is however stance specific

I'm not doubting your testing, just saying stance specific combos are never really good as BnBs.
Which I admitted. It's consistent if you know what you're doing. Stance doesn't matter in the corner for something like 112 or Kobu's b1 2+4 either. F2 as well if it's male character. Those are just the one's I know for sure.

All variables can be controlled for, outcomes are never random. I see this as opening more doors for Tanya than anything else.

Just take a moment with me and imagine if Pyro dust was a restand..

Last edited:

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Which I admitted. It's consistent if you know what you're doing. Stance doesn't matter in the corner for something like 112 or Kobu's b1 2+4 either. F2 as well if it's male character. Those are just the one's I know for sure.

All variables can be controlled for, outcomes are never random. I see this as opening more doors for Tanya than anything else.

Just take a moment with me and imagine if Pyro dust was a restand..
Oh don't get me wrong, I love pyro Tanya and hope she seems some love in kp2 patches haha.

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
The comments in tech threads have really gone to shit. It's always consisting of who found it first like betch, take a seat.

The Pyro stuff looks like it'll be useful for when I feel like punishing myself by playing some Pyroshitter.