What's new

Guide - Kobu Jutsu Tanya Rekka Guide

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
this is your problem. the frame data project was out dated the moment the second to last patch came out.

3rd hit EX rekka hasn't been -7 since CEO.

Watch the video dude and listen to my golden smooth voice very closely. Everything in there is the most current and accurate information.
"Tanya (Kobu Jutsu) - 2nd and 3rd hits of Tonfa Swipe will have less block recovery frames the longer you delay the previous attack"

CEO patch notes only mentioned the delayed rekkas getting their recovery frames changed, and i dont play Tanya so this has gone under the radar. To get some level of accuracy are you able to tell me or let me know what time in the video i can find out the frame data for each hit of the rekkas, non delayed?
Currently we have this which is from the pause menu data, with whatever errors have been tested and pointed out to us, so if you know any different please let me know :D

@GLoRToR - Ive said from the start theres errors and we need to iron them out as people test and learn how bad the pause menu frame data is, if youre gonna come and quote it like fact to people then expect to get blown up because they have probably tested it!

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Ive said from the start theres errors and we need to iron them out as people test and learn how bad the pause menu frame data is, if youre gonna come and quote it like fact to people then expect to get blown up because they have probably tested it!
I've learned my lesson, I'll never take written data as fact ever again! XD

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
I've learned my lesson, I'll never take written data as fact ever again! XD
Take it how you want just dont try blow people up without testing, as you know the frame data in-game is messy, even more so with stuff that can be cancelled or delayed.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
"Tanya (Kobu Jutsu) - 2nd and 3rd hits of Tonfa Swipe will have less block recovery frames the longer you delay the previous attack"

CEO patch notes only mentioned the delayed rekkas getting their recovery frames changed, and i dont play Tanya so this has gone under the radar. To get some level of accuracy are you able to tell me or let me know what time in the video i can find out the frame data for each hit of the rekkas, non delayed?
Currently we have this which is from the pause menu data, with whatever errors have been tested and pointed out to us, so if you know any different please let me know :D

@GLoRToR - Ive said from the start theres errors and we need to iron them out as people test and learn how bad the pause menu frame data is, if youre gonna come and quote it like fact to people then expect to get blown up because they have probably tested it!
Its been a while...been focusing on other characters. The in game data is correct at the moment i believe.

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
Its been a while...been focusing on other characters. The in game data is correct at the moment i believe.
Yeah i only caught your post over a month late so I imagine you have other things on your plate now. Cheers for confirming though, I only really cared about the non-delayed as the delays make the frame data change so its something people should test themselves if they want to learn how to get out, not rely on numbers.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Take it how you want just dont try blow people up without testing, as you know the frame data in-game is messy, even more so with stuff that can be cancelled or delayed.
If I want to blow people up I'll use explosives. XD

I wanted to come check this out after watching one of mit's matches where slayer just stood there and got chipped to death almost 6 straight rounds. I couldnt figure out why he wasnt trying to poke or armor thorugh what looked like gaps in this string/special. Well, now I know

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
Why is KL a bad match up? I'm looking at picking up Tanya but I really don't want to play another character that just loses to Tempest. What specifically makes KL so bad? I mean at least his armour is super punishable right? School me

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
can you elaborate why you think Kano goes even with Tanya please? just curious.
She can have ZERO air mobility vs Kano. On the ground, his footsies are on par with hers. His armor game and back dash are great. I believe cutthroat is the way to go with his pressure and 50/50s. Cyber zoning isn't good enough to compensate for his lack or pressure.

Her pressure is too good for cyber to compete. At least cutthroat has a true 50/50 and damage.

ATP2014

The best mediocre Batman
Possibly.

Her footsie game is better than Tanya by far but Tanya can zone and pressure her very well. This might be another solid 5/5
EX flip kick being a safe armored reversal that launches and punishes a good amount Tanya's rekka pressure is the tipping point for me.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
EX flip kick being a safe armored reversal that launches and punishes a good amount Tanya's rekka pressure is the tipping point for me.
I hear you. You could be right. its 7 frames startup and even df2 by itself is -7 so she can reversal it. If she tries, she will get opened up but the second hit and possibly launched.

Also her tele cancel pressure is of more use here to bait since it is never more than -6 and often +.

ATP2014

The best mediocre Batman
I hear you. You could be right. its 7 frames startup and even df2 by itself is -7 so she can reversal it. If she tries, she will get opened up but the second hit and possibly launched.

Also her tele cancel pressure is of more use here to bait since it is never more than -6 and often +.
I'm relatively new with Tanya, so I haven't gone into her teleport cancels just yet. Is there a thread or a list somewhere that lists the teleport cancel advantage for all her important strings?

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
I'm relatively new with Tanya, so I haven't gone into her teleport cancels just yet. Is there a thread or a list somewhere that lists the teleport cancel advantage for all her important strings?
not sure, you would have to look, but i can give you a rundown real quick and anyone can correct me if i'm wrong.

f2 and 34 are her most + at +3 to +5ish
b1 is +3 I think
b12+4 is - but its not punishable so -6 or less
I personally like d4 tele cancel
112 is also +3 ish