What's new

Match-Up Discussion - Tanya Tanya Matchup thread

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Sorry first post jitters. 36% one bar 42% two bar off the ex Tonga throw ending in the flip kick.
Haha no jitters man. Your post was right on (besides the damage) lol.

Welcome bro.

Sub zero players will grow to hate her. I'm wondering what a patient, runaway Tanya can do to irritate people into mistakes with Kobu.

I have so much to think about

SM StarGazer

The voice of reason in a Sea of Salt
As far as I've seen it's annoying. I play runaway, due to Kitana, and Tanya fits perfectly into that and many other slots. I personally enjoy 112 back teleport, land, watch, Tonfa throw. Or on block df2-df1, hope not to get eaten, b31- repeat once or twice or ex df2 on hit. Love Tanya.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Can't beat MoS Ermac for shit and Scorpion feels damn near unwinnable. The salt is too real to say anything else right now.

Parnak

Fight me as you will yet you can never hope to win
I play Ferra/Torr and I think that Vicious variation may be a bad match-up for Tanya. NJP for one can shut down these pesky offensive teleports

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Anyone found answers for Pyro vs Scorpion? MU feels like ass and I expect to play a beast Scorpion next week so I wanna be more ready than I am now.

KGA Prosaic

RM Prosaic
Staying strictly Kobu these characters give me an extremely hard time.
-Kenshi (Balance)
-Kitana (Royal storm/Assassin)
-Predator (fuck predator)
-Lao (of course Tempest)
-D'Vorah (Dragon Naginata rocks this bitch)

Noticeable in her favor matchups
-Quan (Kobu)
-Cassie (I ran a long set and noticed I want this this bitch full screen which is so easy for me. She chased me down and when she finally got an open, she dropped the combo due to no staminia and god did I love the trades on ex df1 against her gun. I would like to see if this is a potential 7-3 matchup with pyromancer)

gibster13

A fan of fans
Kobu vs anyone is fine. she does what she wants most of the time. Only two i struggle with is kitana and covert ops sonya.