What's new

General/Other - Tanya Tanya info from old games

chores

bad at things

Well if you're like me and don't know who the fuck Tanya is then this is the thread for you. I never played any of the 3D MK game so I figured I'd do some googling just to see if she is a character I might be interested in.

Cliff notes are she is an Edenian, got corrupted by Shinnok and is now kind of a lawful evil type character. For sure a bad guy. Was the nemesis of Jade.

Signature Moves

• Human Cannon Drill: Tanya lunges forward, spinning in a cork-screw manner with her flaming feet leading towards her opponent. (MK4, MKG, MKD, MKA)
  • Surging Blast: Tanya sends a blast of fire from her hand at her opponent. (MK4, MKG, MKD, MKA)
  • Air Fire Blast: Tanya jumps into the air and sends a blast of fire at a 45 degree angle towards her opponent. (MK4, MKG, MKD, MKA)
  • Split Flip Kick: Tanya somersaults forwards with a flaming kick directed at her opponent. (MK4, MKG, MKD, MKA)
  • Find Me: Tanya surrounds herself with a flaming haze and becomes invisible. (MKD, MKA)

Moves seem to be fire based/influenced. A straight projectile, a 45 degree air projectile, a cammy spin which I assume hits low and a forward advancing kick that looks like it should hit overhead.

Here is a gif of her doing a forward throw, then the spin kick, then the overhead kick, then a 45 projectile:

Here is a shot of her weapons from some 3d game:

Seems kind of bland to me but it would be nice to have another low forward advancing special that isn't a slide. Maybe one that can pass through the opponent on block depending on distance (e.g. bison's psycho crusher)? That would be pretty cool and new the the franchise. Anyways she might not be anything like that, who knows.

def hope she doesnt go invisible, mileena ermac predator reptile and hopefully smoke, enough is enough

I know jack brigs is a black chick but I wanted tanya to be legit african complexion on some female noob saibot tip

True Grave

Giving The Gift Of Graves
I'm definitely going to main her. She's always been my favorite female character in MK. I'm calling it now, she's going to be Top Tier.

cfw

Toys can't save you!
I'm watching old videos and I have no idea what they're gonna do with her lmao.

I mean, I didn't know what they would do with Mileena and she actually looks cool. Hoping for the best with Tanya I'm so ready for this.

Shania Twain

That Don't Impress Me Much
MK4 is so embarrassing it deserves an award.
MK4 did not age well, yes. but many if not all of those 3D games at that time didn't. It was hardly considered an embarrassment either at the time. But when it came out it was when the arcade era was dying so only giant malls in the larger metro areas had these games so many of these arcades did draw large crowds because of location (at least from my experience). Fighting games especially the 2D ones were also losing massive steam when games like Soul Edge, Virtua Fighter 1 and 2, and Battle Arena Toshinden were getting all sorts of buzz in 1996. They really were doing their best to stay relevant and I do remember Mk4 getting a significant amount of people standing around watching. Also worth noting is that the home version for Mk4 had even more content than the arcade versions which was a huge exciting bonus at the time. If you ask me...Deadly Alliance is more of the embarrassment. Actually, it's probably the only game in the main series that I don't like.

supernumian

Triborg Enthusiast
I never really care about Tanya but I hope, rREALLY hope that NetheRealm change her in a very interesting character because, since now, she's pretty generic and boring.

Error

DF2+R2
MK4 did not age well, yes. but many if not all of those 3D games at that time didn't. It was hardly considered an embarrassment either at the time. But when it came out it was when the arcade era was dying so only giant malls in the larger metro areas had these games so many of these arcades did draw large crowds because of location (at least from my experience). Fighting games especially the 2D ones were also losing massive steam when games like Soul Edge, Virtua Fighter 1 and 2, and Battle Arena Toshinden were getting all sorts of buzz in 1996. They really were doing their best to stay relevant and I do remember Mk4 getting a significant amount of people standing around watching. Also worth noting is that the home version for Mk4 had even more content than the arcade versions which was a huge exciting bonus at the time. If you ask me...Deadly Alliance is more of the embarrassment. Actually, it's probably the only game in the main series that I don't like.
I meant embarrassing more so due to the corny endings and hilarious voice acting, I can't speak on gameplay since I never played it. But every single ending is so embarrassingly cringe-worthy that they are actually hilarious.

AssassiN

Noob
I meant embarrassing more so due to the corny endings and hilarious voice acting, I can't speak on gameplay since I never played it. But every single ending is so embarrassingly cringe-worthy that they are actually hilarious.
Well, the gameplay involved the following voices: