What's new

Tanya General Discussion

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
One nice thing I just noticed is her buff still gives her advancing attacks even if canceled out of a backdash!!! Like, you backdash and still get extended forward momentum lol

Reactions: cfw

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Wrapped up my first day of playing Tanya. Got a 17-win streak in a KOTH and tore it up in KL. I think people just don't know how to fight her yet.

Her f2 stagger game seems very strong. Her armored db4 seems incredibly cheap, as long as you have a kameo to keep it safe.

Her damage seems to be a little on the low side, but with the right kameo (Goro or Cyrax) she can get into the 30's meterless.

Benlo

PrayforSareena
So I finally tried Tanya today.

I had mixed feelings because her moveset does not really sounds like Tanya.

But I enjoy to play with her. Hopefully she still has the drill and her tp. She is more a mid-range character now.

I'm not a big fan of her projectiles right now, the air one reminds me too much Cetrion aerial burning special move.

My only complain is that Tanya has probably the weakest moveset, with only 2 strings being 122 and f211.

Too bad her b344 is a dial-in. Having a b34 could have been useful.

colby4898

Special Forces Sonya Up-player
I'm enjoyong Tanya with Lao. Looping f211 into plus low hat, mixing up with safe staggers and safe overhead ender. Hit confirm into 28% meterless combo. Seems pretty good.

I feel like she's slightly lacking something. Either the buff should last longer, or do more. If level 1 did the dash thing, but shorter range maybe, or gave you teleport but not ex teleport. Or if the buff made her parry also parry projectiles. Level 1 absorb, level 2 reflect but you lose the buff on use. Idk I think it's a good mechanic with her but is just short of being interesting.

I'm liking Tanya + Jax because with all her side switching attacks she's very good at getting a ground pounding Jax behind the opponent

Benlo

PrayforSareena
So I tried Scorpion as kameo with Tanya, and it works pretty well !

But I have a question : is it possible to connect a special move after her aerial attack 124 ? It looks like we should be able to connect her drill kick, but the timing is really short.

cfw

Toys can't save you!
So I tried Scorpion as kameo with Tanya, and it works pretty well !

But I have a question : is it possible to connect a special move after her aerial attack 124 ? It looks like we should be able to connect her drill kick, but the timing is really short.
So far all I've been able to get is the mb air fireball in the corner. Haven't even tested it with a kameo yet.

Update: u can at least get something with goro low grab

Update update: I find with this goro grab the timing is weird and not really worth (u can get like the air 2,1 or 2 spin kicks) it I'd just do a lil f2 into spin kicks or something and call it a day lmao

Last edited:

Benlo

PrayforSareena
Still trying kameos to fit with Tanya, and Darrius is really useful an cool with her.

You can use Tanya B344 as a starter now with him and his tornado kick. That move works well too inside a combo.

Tanya S3 with his Twister kicks is a nice combo ender.

Benlo

PrayforSareena
I'm enjoying Tanya but man I wish she had a few more strings. She has like, 2 strings. And if I'm being perfectly honest it's more like she has 1 string. Maybe some MKX new string patches are possible?
I hope so... 2 strings is just a stupid idea. Wtf NRS ?
I also enjoy playing with her, but spamming F2 is a bit boring, over time : /

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Played a long set against a good Sindel yesterday and it felt pretty lopsided in Sindel's favor. Her attacks break Tanya's armor and negate her mid-range threat, while also out-zoning and out-damaging her. It's not unwinnable by any means, but it felt like Sindel had a significant advantage.

Thinking of learning Tanya because in my head, I theorycraft her as being a winning matchup against Johnny Cage. Am I right? Any of y'all have great success against Johnny Cages in Kombat League?

cfw

Toys can't save you!
So far all I've been able to get is the mb air fireball in the corner. Haven't even tested it with a kameo yet.

Update: u can at least get something with goro low grab

Update update: I find with this goro grab the timing is weird and not really worth (u can get like the air 2,1 or 2 spin kicks) it I'd just do a lil f2 into spin kicks or something and call it a day lmao
Having a job is tough.......................... I wish I had more time to lab things and I may be late to the party but I believe I have found something substantial with this.... idk (reiko is my new punching bag)

Edit: also want to add that if u time it right her parry can gain 2 rings

Last edited:

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
I’ve just started to use her. Her spacing game is crazy and her oki loops are nuts.

People are saying this character is low tier??

Ive been using scorpion Kameo for the meterless converts but I might try sonya or Goro. I would be using goro alone but the recharge time really puts me off.

Anyone else got any Kameo suggestions?

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
I've been messing with Lao kameo a bit. Still doesn't feel as strong as Goro, who just fits her like a glove, but it does give her a better zoning presence and really ramps up her f2 game. The teleport can be used to make her spin kicks more difficult to punish, and setting up a delayed low hat allows her to meterless kombo off her drill kicks from anywhere on screen. The only huge downside is that a savvy opponent is just going to armor after f211 to negate the potential 50/50.

After reading your guide robo, I’m stuck on goro lol. I haven’t tried other kameos yet but I will experiment this weekend. Hendrixson I’m the person who commented on your video bro Good stuff