What's new

Tanya General Discussion

projectzero00

nomnomnom
Hate that they took away her white eyes, makeup and hairstyle. I don't think I'll ever warm up to her new look but hope she has customisations. I'm loving her play-style tho, just hope they decide on a bloody weapon for her.

Benlo

PrayforSareena
So she has her classic teleport ? I was afraid it was a parry or something like this, from the Umgadi trailer.

StormGoddess

Your mind tricks won't harm me!!!
COPIED FROM THE FACE MODEL THREAD-

As far as I know, her 3 quarterstaff doesn't function like the naginata or Jade's staff. In my opinion, it resembles Nunchucks.

She is a complex character and is a stance fighter. She has excellent range and a variety of moves to stun, pop up, or combo with the opponent.

Her pyromancer fireball (both air and ground version) crumbles the opponent when enhanced.
Her split kicks can be done both in the air and grounded.

She has a "power-up" state (glowing eyes)
The spinning "staff" jade-like move is a string.
She has a kick that launches and moves which causes a ground bounce.
Some of her buttons have an insane range but are slow.
Her stance gives her new moves (like her teleport)

The guy playing her didn't get into much he just learned a string and wanted to do a combo with her.

She should have had a premium 4,000 coin skin really, she's the fire girl in spite of the redesign, would have fit the seasonal content theme. Also, I reaaaally don't like this headpiece, I'd rather have the braided black hair (not a fan of the white hair) in a beautiful arrangement like the one bellow, but incremented with some metal parts that are not so intrusive, maybe lowering the lower braids to the forehead level so it references the bangs a little bit:

The face paint is cute so I would keep it since the theme for this costume is the pyramid chosen hero and it's supposed to look a little over the top.

errormacro7

Official Sonya simp
You cannot tell me she's not the most beautiful female character in the game. After actually watching the character in action I don't think anyone else comes even close.

I mean, look at this.
Sindel is the most beautiful female character IMO. In fact, I'd go out on a limb and say MK1 Sindel is the most beautiful female character NRS has ever created.

Benlo

PrayforSareena
Is she fun to play with ?

I hope I'll have time to play with her tonight when the installation will be done

JGillette

My thirst for knowledge cannot be quenched
apparently her teleport comes with the buff and not only limited to the parry

cfw

Toys can't save you!
From what I’ve seen so far I wish the buff lasted longer at least until she’s able to actually use it.