What's new

Taking injustice character designs to the next level- A collective effort

NoobHunter420

Scrub God Lord
I think we can all agree that character designs is what makes injustice truly unique from any other fighter.
The purpose of this thread is to try and take the characters designs to the next level.
This could be of great help to NRS with the next Injustice game.
I encourage you to come up with gameplay and traits concepts for the characters that you would like to see in the next injustice game.
I would also like to see re-designs for character traits that are less than useful.
I will collect the best ideas/concepts and copy them to the OP.

This are the characters that could use a re-design in my opinion.
Joker, Catwoman, Batgirl,harley Quinn, Deathstroke, Shazam

This are the characters for which I would like to to see gameplay/character design.
Captain cold, Darkseid, Lady shiva,Cheetah, Circe

@General M2Dave this is great way for you to start thinking in the darkseid gameplay/trait concepts.

I would like to see Captain Cold in the next injustice game, here is how I think he should play like.
character type: jack of all traits with emphasis in rush down. decent zoning, but requires the user to rush down to take the win.
Trait: decreases capt.cold body temperature allowing him to deal extra damage with his normals and special moves. Every move in Capt.cold is enfused ice/cold/freeze while in trait allowing to deal significant on-block damage when active. The emphasis of his trait should the on-block damage.

Please keep in mind that the trait should aid in making the character(s) truly unique from the cast.

NoobHunter420

Scrub God Lord
New character designs:

Black Manta

Character Type: Power

Fighting Style: Setup-based Hybrid: Uses dual swords, eye beams, jet boots, super strength, and various pieces of technology to threaten his opponent from up close or full screen. Can place Lex-like traps to assist him in locking down his opponent. Essentially a combination of Zod and Lex. Deals low damage overall, but lots of frame-traps and mix-up potential.

Trait: Telekinetic Scrambler - Manta's opponent may not use special attacks for the duration of the trait. This drains Manta's power, however, causing all of his specials to do 25% less damage.

Super: Manta calls upon his army to assault his opponent from all sides with guns and battleships before stepping in to deal the Coup de Grace with one of his deadly swords.

Captain Cold

Play Style: Jack of all trades, with emphasis on rushdown. Decent zoning, but it requires to rushdown to do significant damage.

Trait: Decreases Captain Cold's body temperature allowing him to do extra damage with normals and special moves. Every normal/special move is infused with ice/cold/freeze while in trait allowing him to do significant trait damage. The emphasis of the trait should be the on-block damage, we are talking Johny Cage on-block damage.

Prometheus

Character Type: Gadget

Fighting Style: Hybrid: Uses high-tech tonfa, wrist lasers, and various pieces of technology to threaten his opponent from up close or full screen. His helmet can emit a strobe to temporarily incapacitate his target. He possesses the Cosmic Key, which allows him to teleport his targets in and out of his own private pocket dimension. He would be kind of a combination of Deathstroke and Raven.

Trait: Photographic Reflexes: Promethues downloads his opponent's combat data, temporarily replacing his own normals and strings with theirs. While in this state he gains increased speed and damage while his opponent suffers a decrease in speed and damage in order to compensate for the fact that Prometheus knows what they will do before they do.

Super: Prometheus uses the Cosmic Key to teleport his opponent into his pocket dimension, along with an atomic bomb. The bomb explodes, dealing damage and sending the opponent back into this dimension, allowing them to continue to be juggled by Prometheus.

Last edited:

NoobHunter420

Scrub God Lord
Character re-designs
Harley Quinn

Play Style: Remains the same.
Trait: Remains the same with the only exception that harley players can now see which of the 3 options will be out in the trait usage.

Last edited:

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
Red Hood better be in the sequel
should/would be rushdown with 1 or 2 zoning tools, and give him a dive kick because why not :)

Akromaniac27

Ready to lose your head?
I think WW's bracelets of submission deserve a redesign where you can use them like Fox's reflector from SSB. Air cancelable, and you can hold it for as long as you want. And it wouldn't hurt if you needed to input down right after so she can parry lows

Yoaks

A spaceman
I personally will like to see these characters. Black Canary, Firestorm, Dr. Fate, Hawkman, Darkseid, Cheetah, Copperhead, Atrocitus, Star Sapphire, Black Manta, Gorilla Grodd and Animal-Man/Vixen/Beastboy. Tho I haven't put any thought into character specific traits.

Akromaniac27

Ready to lose your head?
I personally will like to see these characters. Black Canary, Firestorm, Dr. Fate, Hawkman, Darkseid, Cheetah, Copperhead, Atrocitus, Star Sapphire, Black Manta, Gorilla Grodd and Animal-Man/Vixen/Beastboy. Tho I haven't put any thought into character specific traits.
Yaaassss for Black Canary. I picture her as just a rush down powerhouse with sick mix ups and that lovely canary cry as the trait. It could work like a charge up like Sinestro and Lobo. Certain specials and moves she has incorporate the scream already, so when charged you can either use it to boost up damage, or use the full amount for an unblockable burst

Akromaniac27

Ready to lose your head?
OH! And I was talking about this before with friends, but imagine if everyone had their normal supers but also everyone has a JC parry super too. It can only be used once and only during the last round. Picture the hype....

Yoaks

A spaceman
Joker Trait Redesign: From what I hear Joker players say what Joker lacks is getting in on Zoners. And with his current trait his movement and frames increase in speed, but only if he lands his parry! Which we all know is complete booty butt-cheeks. So how about instead of him doing his parry to acquire a "HA" he can get one by landing a hit of his "Teeth Trap" move! Once he gets a "HA" he can hold onto instead of it being active right away. The maximum amount of "HA" he can get is 3 and the more he has the faster he'll be! He can also preserve his "HA". So say he has 3 ticks "HA". The Joker player decides to only use 1 instead of 3, by just pressing 4 he activates 1 "HA" while the others are still preserved. He can press 4 a total of 3 times and that will activate all 3 ticks of "HA" at once and with each tick of "HA" used his speed is increased even more.

Harley Trait Redesign: I think the only need to her is this. Let Harley players have a command for each "present"! But she has to go through each "present" so she can't just use the Bomb one over and over again. Cause that shit in the corner would be broken!

Shazam Trait Redesign: Again I think his trait just needs some tweaks! 1st: Lets give him the ability to cancel into trait within a combo. 2nd: When traited his regular throw and command grabs damage is increased. 3rd: His "Lighting Bolt" projectile does more damage when traited and on block.

Deathstroke Trait Redesign: This one is actually kind of simple. Just increase his damage on his guns by 2-3% and increase the chip a little bit. And when he's on cooldown his damage is halved. So his guns will then do 3% total damage and decreased chip.

Batgirl Trait Redesign: lol

Catwoman Trait Redesign: To me her trait seems decent enough not to be changed. But if I think of anything I'll edit this post.

I'm surprised you haven't mentioned Cyborg for a different trait!

Last edited:

Yoaks

A spaceman
Yaaassss for Black Canary. I picture her as just a rush down powerhouse with sick mix ups and that lovely canary cry as the trait. It could work like a charge up like Sinestro and Lobo. Certain specials and moves she has incorporate the scream already, so when charged you can either use it to boost up damage, or use the full amount for an unblockable burst
Thats EXACTLY what I was thinking for her trait! Man, great minds do think alike. ;)

Yoaks

A spaceman
OH! And I was talking about this before with friends, but imagine if everyone had their normal supers but also everyone has a JC parry super too. It can only be used once and only during the last round. Picture the hype....
That would be sick! Lol no more YOLO SSSUUUUUPPPPAAAAA!!!

Captain Oxygen

The end of one combo is the beginning of another
I really feel like Shazam is unfinished, A lot of his tools are underwhelming. His fireball is a joke, his teleport could be better, his trait is flawed, a lot of his strings are useless. Much like Black Adam he has no low starters from his strings, but unlike BA he doesn't have a long range 20% low projectile.
If they buffed all the things I said earlier signifigantly he'd probably feel more complete.

BartenderJeeves

Almost a bartender, but not exactly a bartender.
I mostly want Dr. Fate .
Fate's trait would be like, he would summon an Ankh above the enemy (Somewhat like Zod's trait) and it will explode or trap the enemy when triggered. It's an overhead obviously. He should be able to zone and deal good damage close-up, like Superman.
I want Constantine too but I have no idea what trait/moveset he would run :confused:

NoobHunter420

Scrub God Lord
Joker Trait Redesign: From what I hear Joker players say what Joker lacks is getting in on Zoners. And with his current trait his movement and frames increase in speed, but only if he lands his parry! Which we all know is complete booty butt-cheeks. So how about instead of him doing his parry to acquire a "HA" he can get one by landing a hit of his "Teeth Trap" move! Once he gets a "HA" he can hold onto instead of it being active right away. The maximum amount of "HA" he can get is 3 and the more he has the faster he'll be! He can also preserve his "HA". So say he has 3 ticks "HA". The Joker player decides to only use 1 instead of 3, by just pressing 4 he activates 1 "HA" while the others are still preserved. He can press 4 a total of 3 times and that will activate all 3 ticks of "HA" at once and with each tick of "HA" used his speed is increased even more.

Harley Trait Redesign: I think the only need to her is this. Let Harley players have a command for each "present"! But she has to go through each "present" so she can't just use the Bomb one over and over again. Cause that shit in the corner would be broken!

Shazam Trait Redesign: Again I think his trait just needs some tweaks! 1st: Lets give him the ability to cancel into trait within a combo. 2nd: When traited his regular throw and command grabs damage is increased. 3rd: His "Lighting Bolt" projectile does more damage when traited and on block.

Deathstroke Trait Redesign: This one is actually kind of simple. Just increase his damage on his guns by 2-3% and increase the chip a little bit. And when he's on cooldown his damage is halved. So his guns will then do 3% total damage and decreased chip.

Batgirl Trait Redesign: lol

Catwoman Trait Redesign: To me her trait seems decent enough not to be changed. But if I think of anything I'll edit this post.

I'm surprised you haven't mentioned Cyborg for a different trait!
cyborg l0l
am with you on the harley trait concept.
Catwoman needs a re-design imo, I was thinking that the scratches could be diamonds.
She could throw the diamonds as projectile.
Joker needs something completely different, something that would make him truly unique.

Inevpatoria

Grandmaster of the Close-Mouthed Yawn
Id like to See atrocitus probably as rushdown
I picture Atrocitus being a grappler-type. His trait could be that blood spew of his, and might have a characteristic similar to Scorpion's flame trait when it's activated at close range. The blood spit could lock an opponent down momentarily for Atrocitus to get in an extra string or grab ender.

D

Deleted member 5032

Black Manta

Fighting Style: Setup-based Hybrid: Uses dual swords, eye beams, jet boots, super strength, and various pieces of technology to threaten his opponent from up close or full screen. Can place Lex-like traps to assist him in locking down his opponent. Essentially a combination of Zod and Lex. Deals low damage overall, but lots of frame-traps and mix-up potential.

Trait: Telekinetic Scrambler - Manta's opponent may not use special attacks for the duration of the trait. This drains Manta's power, however, causing all of his specials to do 25% less damage.

Super: Manta calls upon his army to assault his opponent from all sides with guns and battleships before stepping in to deal the Coup de Grace with one of his deadly swords.

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
Shazam's trait is fine, I don't think it needs to be completely overhauled. The character does have some fundamental flaws but I don't believe trait as it stands is one of them

REDRUM

www.twitter.com/redrum26
Also imagine Terra ????

If done correctly she would be a great zoner who could chuck pieces of earth at you.. A low projectile (think the reverse of Sinestro's boulder where it comes from beneath you and if you dont block low it hits.. and MB would pop you up...

A super cool Super for her could be a little different than what we normally see.. It could be her losing control of her power (like she often does) and the whole screen and the opponent would get impaled by stone/earth/etc

REDRUM

www.twitter.com/redrum26
Shazam's trait is fine, I don't think it needs to be completely overhauled. The character does have some fundamental flaws but I don't believe trait as it stands is one of them
makes no sense him NOT having an Air-Dash. Also I belive his trait is certainly on the boring side.. They could have allowed him to yell Shazam! and change into Billy and back and forth lol..

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
makes no sense him NOT having an Air-Dash. Also I belive his trait is certainly on the boring side.. They could have allowed him to yell Shazam! and change into Billy and back and forth lol..
I think they didn't give him an air dash because he's a grappler, mabe they thought it would be OP if he had a good distance covering dash as well as an air dash to move around? I will say he should definitely have more moves that trigger SHAZAM shouts. I'd trade the projectile for a dedicated SHAZAM command