What's new

Match Footage - Takeda Takeda Video Vault

roosTakk

Chode Juggler
I have noticed we are lacking a dedicated thread for Takeda tournament play.

Please post any and all Takeda tournament footage here

Immortal Kombat

almost moderate success
Should be some soon from NWM where wonder chef stomped me into the ground. Then there's that Capcom player I beat up real bad, he had no clue what was going on

You did better than I did against quan lol. Fuck that character man lol. You can be dominating him the whole round and then he guesses right one time on when you throw out b2,1 and your fucked.
Yeah I think that MU might not be that bad b/c quan doesn't have as much armor options? Don't quote me in that but i believe he only has armor on wake up teleport so you can abuse b21 kunai and stuff until he realizes he can jump them lol

But yeah I'm gonna start researching ronin...kunai gimmicks are starting to get figured out

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
Yeah I think that MU might not be that bad b/c quan doesn't have as much armor options? Don't quote me in that but i believe he only has armor on wake up teleport so you can abuse b21 kunai and stuff until he realizes he can jump them lol

But yeah I'm gonna start researching ronin...kunai gimmicks are starting to get figured out
I think you were using b21 a bit too much, although I do understand why. Keepin quan at bay lol but seriously, use some of his other strings and don't let flow chart get to use. This character is real easy to flow chart with, but he can be blown up for it.

I feel ronin has potential in the mix up department, but I don't see it being much better being the fact that he loses range and damage while maintaining his palette of slow buttons and bad armor. Shirai ryu kan is great anti cross up but doesn't really have the armor to blow thru as much as u think.

I actually believe ronin to be his zoning variation. The projectile reflect is good and his projectile recovers super fast. EX is plus on block. I plan to start attempting to put in time with this variation, we will see how it goes.

I think you were using b21 a bit too much, although I do understand why. Keepin quan at bay lol but seriously, use some of his other strings and don't let flow chart get to use. This character is real easy to flow chart with, but he can be blown up for it.

I feel ronin has potential in the mix up department, but I don't see it being much better being the fact that he loses range and damage while maintaining his palette of slow buttons and bad armor. Shirai ryu kan is great anti cross up but doesn't really have the armor to blow thru as much as u think.

I actually believe ronin to be his zoning variation. The projectile reflect is good and his projectile recovers super fast. EX is plus on block. I plan to start attempting to put in time with this variation, we will see how it goes.
Yeah I was pretty scrubby and being mindless lol. Its b/c everyone else I play know to poke back at takeda b/c it almost always gets beat out. F12 2+4 has way too many points u can armor out of....but I didn't get close to quan that much to do it lol

Roz

"You will not be remembered."
lol I like how you conditioned him to block the low kunai after b2,1 and then hit him with then b2,1,2.

Last edited:

Pleasa

#NerfMisterChief
Thanks for this thread OP.. We need some life on the Takeda forum, and posts like this will definitely do that.. Next up, a Matchups Thread for each variation... :)

gpmoney

CORN | gpmoney. Saltier than a bag of chips.
This thread is pretty empty so I m just gonna link a bunch of vids I been watching of ppl playing takeda.

Takeda play at 1:13:50 , 1:28:40, and 2:23:10

44:07

22:30, 55:50, 1:15:29, 1:47:33, 1:53:48,