What's new

General/Other - Takeda Takeda Variation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm wondering how well he'll be able to eat through wakeups with that crazy walk-forward-flurry. It looks like most armored attacks can only eat 1 hit before getting stuffed, so he should have no problem dealing with the crazy amount of armor already in the game.

Not only that, but assuming his whip hitboxes are disjointed, I imagine he'll be able to pressure on wakeup pretty damn hard with no fear of eating a lot of close-ranged specials.
I predict him to be top tier. Of course pure speculation, but those tools are amazing looking. If I'm wrong everyone blow me up, but I doubt he won't be at least top 5.

PizzaMasta

Hellblazer
I'll be going for Shiray Ryu, it just looks perfectly on point in my opinion. If only Takeda didn't have THAT voice, he could be a perfectly badass heir to Scorpion. It's not so much that a character with this personality can't be good, it's simply not what I would have expected from the son of Kenshi, trained by Hanzo. Oh well, he's not going to speak during the actual fights.

Last edited:
Ronin looks really good, I can already see the setups with this variation. BNB, drop a sword mid-combo, release sword for meaty pressure. Hell, sword placement seems fast enough for something we could do during a blockstring. I'm hoping Lasher is fun too, I love me some long-range weapon normals.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
am i the only person who thinks ronin is cool

laser swords aside, he seems like he could be dirty with the sword drops

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
It looks like all his long-ranged whip strings have a decent frame gap in them. At least I hope they do, but it seems like it, so it'll be interesting to see how he can counter his opponent armoring through his ranged strings, or back dashing to start zoning him out.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
It looks like all his long-ranged whip strings have a decent frame gap in them. At least I hope they do, but it seems like it, so it'll be interesting to see how he can counter his opponent armoring through his ranged strings, or back dashing to start zoning him out.
He's got a low projectile, overhead kick, and teleport he can cancel them into, so he should be able to keep his opponent on their toes pretty well.

The_REAL_xVAPORx

smoke reset bot
had the game for 2 days now, maining takeda. his ronin variation is great, you can drop the sword mid string and call it back to continue combos leading to high 30% combos for 1 bar, plus he has an overhead low launching string that can be cancelled to make it safe. im in love with his shirai ryu variation. he has a halfscreen overhead and half screen low that can both be cancelled into a low dagger making him -4 (safe as shit) and both lead to over 45% depending on how much meter you spend. his punishes are mediocre, nothing faster than 10 frames as of the current patch.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
had the game for 2 days now, maining takeda. his ronin variation is great, you can drop the sword mid string and call it back to continue combos leading to high 30% combos for 1 bar, plus he has an overhead low launching string that can be cancelled to make it safe. im in love with his shirai ryu variation. he has a halfscreen overhead and half screen low that can both be cancelled into a low dagger making him -4 (safe as shit) and both lead to over 45% depending on how much meter you spend. his punishes are mediocre, nothing faster than 10 frames as of the current patch.
What's his uppercut? Isn't it 7 frames? And is it possible to combo off of his uppercut? I've seen a few other characters do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.