What's new

Combo List - Takeda Takeda Shirai Ryu Combo Thread

BenDelat

Noob
Has anyone get any tips besides practice more for timing of combos?

I'm an MK noob, but have played a lot of fighers, I don't remember the last fighter I played that used this weird cue up the commands for your combo system thing and it's throwing me off.

I know this should be a fairly easy combo but I can't get it consistant.

jip, 44~spear -

The issue I'm having is I'm either to slow and the spear doesn't follow the kicks, or too fast in where the second kick is cancelled for the Tornado strike - or for some unknown reason, the second kick registers followed by a tornado strike, depsite me not entering the command.

O_O

Montanx

Thats why they call this thing bloodsport, kid.
Has anyone get any tips besides practice more for timing of combos?

I'm an MK noob, but have played a lot of fighers, I don't remember the last fighter I played that used this weird cue up the commands for your combo system thing and it's throwing me off.

I know this should be a fairly easy combo but I can't get it consistant.

jip, 44~spear -

The issue I'm having is I'm either to slow and the spear doesn't follow the kicks, or too fast in where the second kick is cancelled for the Tornado strike - or for some unknown reason, the second kick registers followed by a tornado strike, depsite me not entering the command.

O_O
You are buffering the bf too quick so negative edge is using the release of 4 as an input. Try the bf slower after the 44 or go to wireless controller options and turn release check off.

BenDelat

Noob
just do wat all the people with a normal brain do, jnp d2

Which is wat I do because the timing is super cheeks.
My brain is too exceptional to be normal - just in the case of some fighters - exceptionally bad XD -

This doesn't really help my timing issue though, which I can't figure out - I can hit two in a row and have the 3rd and 4th miss - The margin for these misses vs the hits are so small, that it's hard for me to determine, other than through what would eventually become muscle reflex, what the correct timing is.

I don't think a brain works for these type of margains.

Iv learned that you can comfirm the B3 combo starter after you comfirm a quick phase. The hit stun allows for a 50 50. So you either start the combo with B3 for low or b2for over head.

212 is a great footsie tool and allows for great mid screen controll. It's good to stop rush down characters. Buffer or so that the second hit in the string hits. has great reach and also the last hit is a low.

gpmoney

CORN | gpmoney. Saltier than a bag of chips.
hey whats the max damage you guys are getting for njp with and without meter? I land it alot but feel like I should be getting more damage.

meterles I get 27%

with meter I get 34%

Heartwire

Awesomesauce
The one I like using is a 42% 1 bar combo
(Mid screen)
Ji2, 44, bf1(ex) b21, db3, 33, bf1 - 42%
Or you can go 40% if you replace 33,db1 with a grab but the grab can be broken of course.

Last edited:

PaletteSwap

Misanthropiate
I'm sure you guys have already figured out more damaging and viable combos but I like to come up with my own without ripping off existing ones. So here are some day 1 Shirai Ryu combos.

212 is a great footsie tool and allows for great mid screen controll. It's good to stop rush down characters. Buffer or so that the second hit in the string hits. has great reach and also the last hit is a low.
While this is not the correct thread, yeah.. I agree. I like the range on the second hit. 2 by itself has horrible recovery though.

PaletteSwap

Misanthropiate
Instead of using ex teleport I've been just doing a normal tp out of the f1, 2, 2+4 string. The 2+4 portion is actually 2 hits so you can cancel immediately to skip the second hit, giving you enough time for a njp.

If anyone wants to know it's:

F1, 2, 2+4, db3 (interrupt the last hit), njp, b2, 1, ex b, f1, air b, f1.

35% damage with jip. Not too shabby for only 1 bar of meter.

roosTakk

Chode Juggler
Instead of using ex teleport I've been just doing a normal tp out of the f1, 2, 2+4 string. The 2+4 portion is actually 2 hits so you can cancel immediately to skip the second hit, giving you enough time for a njp.

If anyone wants to know it's:

F1, 2, 2+4, db3 (interrupt the last hit), njp, b2, 1, ex b, f1, air b, f1.

35% damage with jip. Not too shabby for only 1 bar of meter.
Yes...this is a bnb which has been known since day 1...

PaletteSwap

Misanthropiate
Yes...this is a bnb which has been known since day 1...
Sorry, I discovered it on my own and I saw a lot of people starting combos with EX teleport so I thought I'd try to save some meter. Didn't read through this thread thoroughly enough.

Discovered a little kind of mix up thing you can do in any variation. you can the low kick (b3) into the tornado strike (bf4). so you get a low overhead. it doesn't combo though.

Discovered a little kind of mix up thing you can do in any variation. you can the low kick (b3) into the tornado strike (bf4). so you get a low overhead. it doesn't combo though.
That might be his second ultimate gimmick haha

His best one is instant air teleport and instant jump into xray...works pretty much all the time.