What's new

Combo List - Takeda Takeda Shirai Ryu Combo Thread

Roz

"You will not be remembered."
Havent seen one of these yet. So post combos you've found.

Midscreen (2 meter)

ex db1, ex db3, d2 (30%)

The ex teleports first hit may not land but the kick bounces your opponent for juggling opportunities. D2 can be replaced with whatever you want.

Mid screen (1 meter)

ex db1, db3, 112 (27%)

Last edited:
b2 confirm for 39% damage

b21 xx EX bf1 > b21 xx db3 > nj.P > f21 xx bf1

Sorry if my notation is off, this is incredibly confusing coming from numpad notation; everything is reversed.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
b2 confirm for 39% damage

b21 xx EX bf1 > b21 xx db3 > nj.P > f21 xx bf1

Sorry if my notation is off, this is incredibly confusing coming from numpad notation; everything is reversed.
That's correct notation :). Can I ask who this was against? I can't seem to make the last spear connect against Cassie. I've had to forgo the nj2 :(

Here are my BnBs

f122+4~db3, nj2, ji1~db1 (27%)
f21~db3(ex), nj2, ji3~db1 (27%)
33~db3(ex), nj2, 1, f2~db1 (31%)
33~bf1(ex), db3, f21~bf1 (37%)
b3~db1(ex), db3, f21~bf1 (35%)
b21~bf1(ex), b21~db3, f21~bf1 (37%)
b21~db1(ex), db3, f21~bf1 (37%)

That's correct notation :). Can I ask who this was against? I can't seem to make the last spear connect against Cassie. I've had to forgo the nj2 :(

Here are my BnBs

f122+4~db3, nj2, ji1~db1 (27%)
f21~db3(ex), nj2, ji3~db1 (27%)
33~db3(ex), nj2, 1, f2~db1 (31%)
33~bf1(ex), db3, f21~bf1 (37%)
b3~db1(ex), db3, f21~bf1 (35%)
b21~bf1(ex), b21~db3, f21~bf1 (37%)
b21~db1(ex), db3, f21~bf1 (37%)
Sub-Zero but I just tried it on Cassie and it worked first time. Maybe you aren't getting the b21 after the EX spear correctly? Seems to be a large buffer after the spear, so just input it early and you should be good.

EDIT: Huh, that EX db1 route is interesting because it is so safe. However it only works from long range obviously because the last explosion needs to hit.

b21 xx EX db1 > db3 > nj.P > f21 xx bf1 is still possible for 39% by the way.

b3 xx EX db1 > b2 xx db3 > 33 xx bf1 for 38% is the most I am getting off b3 right now

Last edited:

gpmoney

CORN | gpmoney. Saltier than a bag of chips.
Thank you guys for the optimal combos.
I open ppl up but cant get an optimal combo.

I can be nice today i guess lol.
Costs 3bars but it comes in handy if you want damage.

B3, ex kunai, quicphase, 33, ex spear, fwrd jump ex air spear, d2. 50%

gpmoney

Also i find myself punishing ppl with 112, raw ex teleport, landing nj2, and f12,1+2. Dose anyone know the most optimal confirms for these? Im having trouble getting beyond 20-24

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Sub-Zero but I just tried it on Cassie and it worked first time. Maybe you aren't getting the b21 after the EX spear correctly? Seems to be a large buffer after the spear, so just input it early and you should be good.

EDIT: Huh, that EX db1 route is interesting because it is so safe. However it only works from long range obviously because the last explosion needs to hit.

b21 xx EX db1 > db3 > nj.P > f21 xx bf1 is still possible for 39% by the way.

b3 xx EX db1 > b2 xx db3 > 33 xx bf1 for 38% is the most I am getting off b3 right now
Yeah, you're right, just wasn't buffering the b2 quickly enough.

The spacing for db1(ex) after b21 is just a tiny bit further than how far away the opponent ends after bf1. You can however, delay the db1(ex) ever so slightly and it should make the opponent pop up from that exact same range. If you wanna remain safe, his MB tele punsh is meant to be 0 on block too (although I'm not quite sure it is...).

I'm also looking into setups where you end the combo in mb db1 and hold it then go for b2 so it's a very close overhead then low blocking window. I wanted to see if it was possible to combo into bf4(ex) but I can't seem to get anything to link :(. Either way, when I get back later tonight I'll have a further play around and see what I find. bf4 might be good to jump over projectile users and punish.

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
low starter bnb b3 ex db1, db3, NJP, f21 bd2. i like this ender the most for what i want to do honestly, it ends in hard knockdown and sets up nicely into ex kunai. i belive bf2 even though hard to land in combos is the best ender so far. tomorrow i plan on making a video breaking down takeda as i've had 4 days to play with him against the best of the east coast and currently somehow top 10 on PSN lol. all i've been using is takeda so far until my hitbox is fixed and i can use liu kang too.

I think ultimately bf2 will be the best combo ender for setups, although you seem to have enough time after bf1 to meaty with b2 or b3 easily anyway.

The consistent setups/vortex even you could set up with bf2 I think will be the goal though. You do seem to have to cut out some damage to get it to land though.

I'm looking for combos out of the hard to blockable at the moment.

So far I have

EX db[1] > b2 ]1[ 1 xx db3 > 33 xx bf2 - 31% with hard knockdown

EX db[1] > b2 ]1[ 1 xx db3 > nj.P > f21 xx bf1 - 34% with tech chase situation

I think spending meter on utility in this game is going to be far better than for damage, so using it to start a combo is generally better than spending extra later on for damage. Hence why I didn't use any combo extending EXs in this combo.

Any high dmg corner combos?
Ok so far this is the best I can do.

Both do 32%,

I could add all the decimals together to figure which is better but can't be bothered right now. I wish the in game combo damage indicator was more precise...

b21 xx EX bf2 > nj.P > fj.1 or 2 > 44 xx bf2
b21 xx EX bf2 > nj.P > fj.3 > 33 xx bf2

Last edited:

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Only thing I'd say is that b21 is a mixed bag. To make it safe against people with quick ranged punishers, you'd need to confirm into Kunai vs. MB spear; but good players will armor through the Kunai after they block b21. To get around this, you have to mix it with b2~kunai -- but to do that, you give up the hitconfirm.

I'm not sure how you guys are hitconfirming b3 either -- but Takeda mains will need to be careful about throwing things out.

I think that to play the character against people who are familiar with how he works, we'd have to concentrate on setting up offense that's safely hitconfirmable and not predictable enough to armor through.

Last edited:

BenDelat

Noob
Sorry for posting this here but I can't find the info and I've chose Takeda as my Main -

Where can I find a notation guide so I can understand the combos here??

Thanks

Roz

"You will not be remembered."
Sorry for posting this here but I can't find the info and I've chose Takeda as my Main -

Where can I find a notation guide so I can understand the combos here??

Thanks
I couldn't find the thread so ill just tell you myself.

1 = square (x if Xbox)
2 = triangle (y if xbox)
3 = X (square if xbox)
4 = Circle (B if Xbox)

b =back
d = down
f = forward

Njp= neutral jump puncn (standing still jumping directly up and then punching in the air)

Njk = neutral jump kick

Jip = jump in punch ( jumping toward your opponent and punching)

Jik = jump in kick

ex = enhanced special move ( adding R2/RT to the end of your special love sequence, some people say "en" as well)

xx = cancel (canceling mid Combo to perform next part of your combo)

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
low starter bnb b3 ex db1, db3, NJP, f21 bd2. i like this ender the most for what i want to do honestly, it ends in hard knockdown and sets up nicely into ex kunai. i belive bf2 even though hard to land in combos is the best ender so far. tomorrow i plan on making a video breaking down takeda as i've had 4 days to play with him against the best of the east coast and currently somehow top 10 on PSN lol. all i've been using is takeda so far until my hitbox is fixed and i can use liu kang too.
The way I'm looking at enders now is this:
  • Fist Flurry -- Has good advatage, but leaves them closer to you; so probably not the best ender for matchups where you want to keep people farther away (which, given Takeda's frame data up close, is common). Also sometimes tougher to connect from certain combos.
  • Spear -- Techable, but leaves you farther away and sometimes has the best damage (or links where Fist Flurry will drop).
  • Throw (from juggle) -- Leaves you the farthest away, at good b2/Far Kunai distance, and has the most frame advantage. Also if you have extra meter and want to keep them from waking up, you can MB the throw and get the standing reset. Will also allow you to change directions to put people where you want them (like in the corner). Might have to sacrifice a little bit of damage for this though (like 3-4%)
Imo they each have advantages and which one is 'best' depends 100% on the situation. And a smart player will probably keep mixing it up to keep their opponent guessing.

Last edited:

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
The way I'm looking at enders now is this:
  • Fist Flurry -- Has good advatage, but leaves them closer to you; so probably not the best ender for matchups where you want to keep people farther away (which, given Takeda's frame data up close, is common). Also sometimes tougher to connect from certain combos.
  • Spear -- Leaves you farther away, but still in range of both b2 and b1.
  • Throw (from juggle) -- Leaves you the farthest away, at good b2/Far Kunai distance, and has the most frame advantage. Also if you have extra meter and want to keep them from waking up, you can MB the throw and get the standing reset. Will also allow you to change directions to put people where you want them (like in the corner). Might have to sacrifice a little bit of damage for this though (like 3-4%)
Imo they each have advantages and which one is 'best' depends 100% on the situation. And a smart player will probably keep mixing it up to keep their opponent guessing.
spear is not a hardknockdown so they can tech roll and you can mix them up anymore because b1 whiffs. with how the game is fist flurry ender seems the best because most of the time they have to hold your mix up. if they have meter and an armored wake up i would go spear and bait or FF and bait depending on the MU like you said. FF is hkd btw.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
spear is not a hardknockdown so they can tech roll and you can mix them up anymore because b1 whiffs. with how the game is fist flurry ender seems the best because most of the time they have to hold your mix up. if they have meter and an armored wake up i would go spear and bait or FF and bait depending on the MU like you said. FF is hkd btw.
You are correct, so my mistake. Throw is a hard knockdown as well -- but even off the roll on Spear, they're still going to have to guess between b2 and Far Kunai.

Edited my post to make more sense.

Last edited:

Alucard

The worst good player ever.
You are correct, so my mistake. Throw is a hard knockdown as well -- but even off the roll on Spear, they're still going to have to guess between b2 and Far Kunai.
idk if they are in range for it but would you be able to EX spear into a combo from it?

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
idk if they are in range for it but would you be able to EX spear into a combo from it?
Yeah, if they're blocking low after the roll in anticipation of a Kunai throw, and you hit them with b21, you can confirm to EN spear.

was messing around with takeda and found this tricky mixup/blockstring : F122+4(the full string) into mid kunai the last hit of the f122+4 is an overhead that pushes them right in to the position for the mid kunai to hit and the best thing is mid kunai is +3 on block saving you one bar for the frame advantage. AND you can mix it up with either doing the full f122+4 string with the overhead hit into kunai or just f122+4 only the first hit of the 2+4 into close kunai, either way you are safe on block :D.

Last edited:
This is a post I made in another thread. I know some of the tech/combos have already been posted but I don't feel like typing everything out again.

Shirai Ryu

Some of these combos can be started with a b3~EXspear (low starter) or a b21~EXspear (overhead starter) in place of a jip.

Meterless

jip, 44~spear (25%) If you can't pull this combo then stop playing MKX.
jik~tele, 33~spear (27%)

One bar
jip, 44~EXspear, b21~tele, 33~spear (42% crazy easy) 35% when starting with b3~EXspear. 37% when starting with b21~EXspear.
b3~EXkunai, tele, f122+4~ spear (36%)
The timing is a little tricky with the f122+4 and being able to land the spear but with practice it is possible. You're also going to let the full f122+4 string ride. If you have trouble with the f122+4 then just sub it for a 33~spear to finish the combo.(still 35%.)
jik~tele, 33~EXspear, b21~tele (35%)
This next one requires some kinda strict timing.
jip44~EXspear, tele, njp, jik3~air spear (44%) Can start with b21~EXspear for overhead starter (38%) or a b3~EXspear for 37%

Two Bar
j
ip,44~EXspear, tele, njp, jik3~EXair spear, 33~spear (50%) If starting with b21~EXspear 45%. If starting with b3~EXspear 44%.

This isn't really relevant to this thread but after i finish a combo I sometimes throw a mid kauni out. Its only avoidable by a wake-up with armor or has to be dodged with a tech roll. Of course it can be blocked but if they get wise hit em with a b21 instead of a mid kunai and start another combo. A far kunai will hit if they tech roll. You can also EXkunai for a combo starter. Do I hear Takeda vortex?

gpmoney

2bar 46%

B3, ex kunai, b2, quickohase, f21, ex spear, b2, spear

53% 3 bar

B3, ex kunai, b2, quickohase, f21, ex spear, jump fwrd ex air spear, d2

Alucard

The worst good player ever.
Well idk if anyone actually wants these but a friend of mine found this brutality combo for him and I think it look pretty badass.

Getting the hitconfirm combos and zoning out my opponents have been fairly done. My execution with most of these BnBs are not flawless but can become predictable off the knockdown. To counter the wakeup I'll always go into b3 low kunai or f12+4 (mid ranges).I can't seem to find a good choice for AA tho in this variation like the others. Cassie gave me hell yesterday nd left me very salty with constant jip combos I couldn't close. And Takeda's wakeup options suck in the corner!