What's new

Tech - Shirai Ryu Takeda OS's

aieches

#freeHomelee2016
came across this thread
http://testyourmight.com/threads/option-select-to-auto-stop-spear-on-block.53228/#post-1766055
about an OS for Scorpions b3 spear.

i was curious as to if this could work with takedas b3 as well. if so , this seems super viable as we are in the poor mans house for low starters and always have to commit to follow b3 ...

im at work right now so i wont get to try this for myself for a while so if any one could test or chime in that they have already tested/attempted this that would be awesome.

Also - this brings up the next question as to are there any OS's that we should be using rigorously with takeda?
Ultradavid made this video and for takeda this seems very helpful also .

but there were whispers about some OS's being taking out of MKX. Are OS's something we should continue to hunt for viable options?

Thoughts? Advice?

@YOMI Zyphox
@RedRaptor10
@UltraDavid
@Zoidberg747
@CrimsonShadow
@Pleasa
@BoricuaHeat
@Nostalgialite

found these from @RedRaptor10
his notes included under each
An option select that catches backdash.
Note: You must have Input Shortcuts turned ON.

This is an option select that makes the second hit of b3d3 come out if the first hit whiffs. The second hit will catch them if do a delayed wake-up. Of course good players will block it, but it's better than having b3 whiff and you getting punished. Input it as b3db1d3 then slightly pause and press back (to get a close kunai).

Again, this is probably really inconsistent and not practical. You can option select his b3 to either go into EX Spear or do nothing. His b3 is punishable on block but they have to let go of block immediately to punish it. You input it as b3 bf1+block then input down down immediately before the b3 even connects.

This seems a different command method as b3 OS found by Triplswing.

After doing a NJP you can hold the block button and input any normal. If the NJP hits, you'll block immediately and can let go of block and continue the combo. If the NJP is blocked, you'll do the normal that you inputted. This works because the cancel advantage on block is different than the cancel advantage on hit. It's kind of hard to time though and probably not consistent at all.

i swear i just check for all these like a week ago ..lol

Last edited:

Triplswing

your soe will BERRN
To make it easy to understand, the moment when it WOULD connect ON HIT, is when you press the back button. On hit, you will press back just after he does spear. On block that same timing will have you press back just before the spear comes out.