What's new

Question - Balanced Takeda Matchup

Wigy

There it is...
Tornado kick is actually really easy to counter, just jip him while he is in the air on reaction. The move have no priority at all
If you're doing this depending on the situation you need to be very wary, i do air teleports to blow that up.

Most takedas wont just throw it out fullscreen unless you're projectile spamming.

Also doing short range air balls to whiff on purpose and then pushing in when they whiff the njp.

You're totally right it does work, but thought i'd say just so ismael is aware of the meta.

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
If you're doing this depending on the situation you need to be very wary, i do air teleports to blow that up.

Most takedas wont just throw it out fullscreen unless you're projectile spamming.

Also doing short range air balls to whiff on purpose and then pushing in when they whiff the njp.

You're totally right it does work, but thought i'd say just so ismael is aware of the meta.
Yup I know. There is mind games behind it, otherwise the move would be worthless, I'm saying this from experience of someone who relied on tornado kick too much and got blown up for it HARD many times. There is more mind games for it in SR than there are in lasher