What's new

Tech TakeAChance's Anti-Wake Up Tech with Nightwing - The "Hot Sauce" Setup

Rickyraws

This mean you don't like me?
Spice Resistant Characters

Flash (Lightning Charge,Sonic Pound. Works on uppercut (whiffs)
Doomsday (Venom/MB venom, Meteor)
Killer Frost (Slide)
Raven (Soul crush inconsistent Just frame?)
Green Lantern (lanterns might inconsistent. Just frame?)
Hawkgirl (works on everything but mace charge and super)\
Shazam (Everything but forward teleport, forced to block on reverse teleport punishes everything else including super)
Batgirl (Teleport, and cartwheel and uppercut avoid/punish)
Lobo (Hook Charge and super. Everything else gets stuffed)
Grundy (walking Corpse + Regular cleaver. Everything else gets stuffed (including MB cleaver)
Harley (Everything gets stuffed but tantrum stance and super)
Lex (works on everything but corps charge and super)
Scorpion (Works on everything but teleport punch, leg takedown, and super)
Bane (Charge is inconsistent...still working out why, venom MB uppercut works)

XBlades

To Achieve, You must Believe
i still think b3 or f3 mb is probably the most effective way of stopping there wake up game especially dash cancelling into max bnb or mix up or meter building...

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
And the Aquaman matchup gets a little harder...Being an Aquaman main, I put Dick in my top 3 hardest fights. I officially hate you for making it worse.

Vocket

Day 1 Phenomenal Teth-Adam Player
It is worth noting that the setup can happen from any hard knockdown. So in staff mode all these result in a similar setup except with different spacing and timing.

1d3
D3
Staff spin forward dash
B3 F3 forward dash

Also nightwing has some great moves to blow up wake ups.
2 in staff and staff spin blow up wake ups with invincibility only at the beginning due to their long active frames (ex. Raven).
1 in staff is good to out range wake ups and whiff punish them. Best thing is that if they get aa by 1 it combos into ground blast.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
It is worth noting that the setup can happen from any hard knockdown. So in staff mode all these result in a similar setup except with different spacing and timing.

1d3
D3
Staff spin forward dash
B3 F3 forward dash

Also nightwing has some great moves to blow up wake ups.
2 in staff and staff spin blow up wake ups with invincibility only at the beginning due to their long active frames (ex. Raven).
1 in staff is good to out range wake ups and whiff punish them. Best thing is that if they get aa by 1 it combos into ground blast.

The only issue with some of the options you listed is that you are to close to blow up some wakeups (like lightning hands, jokers flower, etc.) They will beat you with invinci and blow you up.

With the Hot Sauce setup, you are literally put in that magic range where those moves whiff, and if hit, the opponent is still in range for a full combo punish.

I use 1~pound against a lot of characters that have wakeups with little to no range (Lightning Cage, WW Spin, etc.) The hot sauce however, covers the jumps, the backdashes, the forward dashes, and all other options.

Raven has little to no invincibility. Staff Spin and 2 will still get beat by moves that are true wakeups. (Batgirls cartwheel, Lanterns Might, Rising grab, MB cleaver, Arachnid, etc.)

Vocket

Day 1 Phenomenal Teth-Adam Player
The only issue with some of the options you listed is that you are to close to blow up some wakeups (like lightning hands, jokers flower, etc.) They will beat you with invinci and blow you up.

With the Hot Sauce setup, you are literally put in that magic range where those moves whiff, and if hit, the opponent is still in range for a full combo punish.

I use 1~pound against a lot of characters that have wakeups with little to no range (Lightning Cage, WW Spin, etc.) The hot sauce however, covers the jumps, the backdashes, the forward dashes, and all other options.

Raven has little to no invincibility. Staff Spin and 2 will still get beat by moves that are true wakeups. (Batgirls cartwheel, Lanterns Might, Rising grab, MB cleaver, Arachnid, etc.)
Actually lightning hand does not have full invincibility but jokers flower does. You can walk back and do pound to make flower whiff and still catch an other moves.

As for 1 pound it catches everything except backdash and forward advancing wake ups. It's benefit is that it combos if they try to jump away.