What's new

General/Other - Takeda Takashi Takeda Problem Thread

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Alright, so I've done this in other games and it is a pretty good way to help people out/get more knowledge of the character.

So what this is basically is whenever any of you have a problem(tactic you can't beat, tech not working, etc.) you post it in here. After that, ideally, everyone comes together and discusses or finds ways to solve said problem.

So go ahead and post any issues you are having below.

Laos_boy

Meow Hoes
Takeda has pretty slow normals and slow armor. Therefore he does struggle getting out of peoples face and back at mid range. His combos are kind meter Dependant to block breaker is an iffy option. So back dash is really his only decent option

Montanx

Thats why they call this thing bloodsport, kid.
I'm having a ton of issues being rushed down. Maybe I'm not doing wake-ups properly, but I struggle to get people out of my face.
So in other words, youd be in trouble facing sonicfox erron black corner trapping you? LOL jk, if your facing fox your already in trouble.

Dumb question, but why can't I do an X ray in dojo mode (PC?). I press the two buttons and nothing happens. Works fine with other characters.

Black Knife

AKA Blank
Takeda has pretty slow normals and slow armor. Therefore he does struggle getting out of peoples face and back at mid range. His combos are kind meter Dependant to block breaker is an iffy option. So back dash is really his only decent option
So his armor comes later in his moves? That might explain why I keep getting hit out of them. I was going to ask in here if they even had armor.

Zoidberg747

I'm having a ton of issues being rushed down. Maybe I'm not doing wake-ups properly, but I struggle to get people out of my face.
So his armor comes later in his moves? That might explain why I keep getting hit out of them. I was going to ask in here if they even had armor.
So when you are being rushed down you can can do two things: 1. wait for them to do something - and punish, or try to counterpoke with d3 into pressure. His flurry moves have armor but it doesnt last forever, so it can be blown up by fast multi-hitting moves. The key to this is learning his Lasher variation, as his EX whip trip can often blow up pressure and lead to a free combo.

And just for refererence, these are his armored moves(all moves are EX'd):
Shirai- Tornado, Teleport(only on wakeup) and fist flurry. Each has 1(maybe 2?) hits of armor
Lasher- Whip flurry, whip trip, whip strike, tornado kick
Ronin- DP(Shirai Kan), Fist flurry, tornado kick

Zoidberg747

To be fair, his fastest punisher is 11 frames, slow but not terrible. I also am kind of surprised to hear armor not working because I have been able to Fist flurry pressure and even in between string gaps.

Zoidberg747

A couple things I can say so far are that 1. His late armor and negative frames are pretty discouraging due to the fact that you can control space for a short amount of time but you can't maintain it with his kit and it's very hard to escape pressure especially if people do barely punishable moves. 2. The fact that he is so meter dependent is very bad in this game since you need meter to wakeup safer which hinders his neutral even more. 3. The worst thing that completely hinders his neutral in my opinion is his lack of low starters. B3 is his only combo starter and the frames are pretty bad on it. In lasher they add a low sweep special which is really good but the gameplay capabilities aren't even close to shirai. Ronin adds more speed to some of his strings that features lows and adds an overhead /low combo but ronin is flawed compared to shirai in my opinion. I feel if they added some more elements to his gameplay he'd be viable choice to play.
Why should they give him everything in one variation? I think he is pretty balanced since each variation has weaknesses that are covered by the other ones.

Zoidberg747

I never said or think he should have everything in one. im simply stating his flaws in his best and most played variation. The fact that he may or may not be the only character without a decent high/low gameplay and nothing really compensating that makes him a very non viable character. The only things i think they needed to give him was one consistent wakeup option and one more low starter that combos into his specials. Since he's a meter dependent character and has a very low amount of mixup, it ends in wasting meter needlessly. If you have no reason to really block low his kit is beaten easily.
With kunai he has a really good high/low game, so I disagree with you there.

Regardless, you may be right. But I prefer to not write off the viability of any character week 1.

gpmoney

CORN | gpmoney. Saltier than a bag of chips.
so my go to spacing tools wit takeda. F21+2+4 cancel into kunai on block. It resets the neutral. After that you can do 21 kunai and get more space.

Problem is the kunai can be jumped and for some reason after I fo b21 everyone just gets a free jump in.
well i guess my problem is jumping out of pressure.How are you guys dealing with that

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Problem is the kunai can be jumped and for some reason after I fo b21 everyone just gets a free jump in.
well i guess my problem is jumping out of pressure.How are you guys dealing with that
Against good opponents with strong built-in footsie tools I'm starting to play him like a zoner, constantly backing up, jumping back, etc. trying to stay at max range.

In this MU I expect a lot of jumps, and a lot of wakeups, so I'm trying to keep spacing myself out and stay in that good b2 range.

NRS made Takeda flawed on purpose. He had so much promise but disappoints in high level play from what appears, especially since this is a footsies game where pressure is superior.

Unless they buff him out nd speed up some of his strings in the upcoming patches, he's doomed.

ArcticTabasco

I wish I knew Kung Fu.
I'm seeing a lot of the same stuff here that I've been thinking - the lack of lows and getting rushed down. There's going to be balance updates of course, so I hope he'll get some tools that way. Maybe more armor? Maybe make some of the far range whip normals faster?

There's going to be balance updates of course, so I hope he'll get some tools that way. Maybe more armor? Maybe make some of the far range whip normals faster?
His b21, 221, and 212 more specifically. These are barely satisfying at mid range. Playing IGAU I'd like to say I was an advanced HG player at best but casually intermediate bc of the tier. I loved her high low mixups nd I wish Takeda had it. Oh the sound of that mace, for satisfaction I guess ima have learn Kano or even worse...

Kung Jin :DOGE

Abil4ty

Hawaii
A useful thing you guys should learn is set the AI to jump. after a knockdown sometimes they can delay and jump out of your b2,1 string. so a good thing to do is if you know they are going to jump. just b1>delay phase into combo. regular phase will whiff so you have to slightly hold it.

Last edited:

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Alright, so I've done this in other games and it is a pretty good way to help people out/get more knowledge of the character.

So what this is basically is whenever any of you have a problem(tactic you can't beat, tech not working, etc.) you post it in here. After that, ideally, everyone comes together and discusses or finds ways to solve said problem.

So go ahead and post any issues you are having below.
The lash thing with the low projectile at the end. What do you do against that?