What's new

Tag Specials and Tag Kombos info/list

Gambini

Noob
Tag specials are tag moves that cost one bar and do a special of the non-playing character. There are two for each character, and are input by the character currently in the fight. They can help extend a combo and squeeze out a few extra points of damage, or offer a safe/unexpected way to enter with another character.

What I label "Tag Stay" below is when the non-playing character briefly jumps in the fight, does a special, and retreats all while the playing character remains in the fight. You can perform this by pressing either :l:l+:tag or :d:l+:tag.

What I label "Tag Leave" below is when the non-playing character performs a special and remains in the fight, while the previous character retreats. You can perform this by pressing either :r:r+:tag or :d:r+:tag.

I find that the :l:l+:tag or:r:r+:tag versions are the easiest to execute, but they both exist, so it is personal preference.
There are a few moves that I feel needed special notes. They are in parentheses under the move listed.
The percent is the amount of non-blocked, not-in-combo damage. Tag specials are effected by damage scaling.

All moves are the enhanced version of the moves, except when it has the word "Normal" or something similar beside it.
Code:
Character       Tag Stay                Tag Leave
Baraka          Spark (14%)             Blade Charge (13%)
Cyber Sub-Zero  Icestream               Divekick far (18%)
Cyrax           Bomb missile (8%)       Ragdoll (15%)
Ermac           Force Ball (10%)        Regular Teleport (8%)
Jade            Boomerang (13%)         Shadow Kick (10%)
                (does not make 2nd hit on the way back if at full screen)
Jax             Ground Pound (10%)      Dash Punch (17%)
                (Not instant)
Johnny Cage     Low Forceball (11%)     Shadow Kick (12%)
Kabal           Norm Buzzsaw (8%)       Nomad Dash
Kano            Knife Throw (14%)       Ball (12%)
Kenshi          Rising Karma (8%)       Spirit Charge (12%)
Kratos          Apollo's Bow (14%)      Normal Dash (7%)
Kitana          inst Air Fan (8%)       Square Wave
Kung Lao        Hat Throw (10%)         Spin (9%)
Liu Kang        Low Fireball (11%)      Flying Dragon Kick (13%)
                (you jump a little bit)
Mileena	        Sai Blast (9%)          Teleport (9%)
Nightwolf       Arrow Shot (5% per)     Shoulder (12%)
Noob Saibot     Ghostball (3%)          Teleport Slam (14%)
Quan Chi        Ground Burst c/m (10%)  Sky Drop (17%)
Raiden          Lightning Bolt (13%)    Torpedo (12%)
Reptile         large Slow Ball (8%)    Dash+Invis (12%)
                (instantly fully charged)
Rain            Lightning (8%)          Teleport Kick?(13%)
Scorpion        Demonfire (8%)          Teleport (11%)
Sektor          Homing Missile (8%)     Teleport Uppercut (11%)
Shang Tsung     Fire Skull (15%)        Soul Steal (15%)
Sheeva          Ground Pound(16%)       Jump Stomp (11%)
Sindel          Scream                  Step Up (13%)
Skarlet         Blood Ball (15%)        Red Slide
                (instant and doesn't damage yourself)
Smoke           Smoke Cloud (16%)       Teleport (15%)
Sonya Blade     Ring Blast (12%)        Arc Kick (11%)
Stryker         Gun Shot (8%)           Roll Toss (16%)
Sub-Zero        Iceball (stream)        Slide (12%)
Tag Kombos are similar to Tag Specials in that they are performed by the character currently in the fight, but when performed, the non-playing character performs a hit or two, and stays in the fight while the other character retreats.

Each character has many Tag Kombos (located at the bottom of the Moves List), but has only one move that they will enter the fight with. Below is the list of moves which the characters enter with. I put a name and description, because I haven't memorized the names of the regular Kombos myself, and the directions+numbers seemed a little confusing when I first looked at it like that. If I should switch to the direction+number system, then I will.

Also be aware that even though with some moves you would be able to combo it in a normal situation, the moves will often whiff in a tag combo; most noticed during juggles.
Code:
Character		    Move/Description
Baraka              The last 2 hits of the "Tears of Pain" combo: A high followed by an overhead (I think overhead)
Cyber Sub-Zero      Last hit of the "Upload" combo: A small jump + kick	
Cyrax               Last hit of the "Mustard" combo: Right up against the opponent, bomb explodes out of his chest	
Ermac               Last hit of Enhanced Teleport: An uppercut-looking move
Jade                "Rising Pole": she plants down the pole, and does a backflip + kick around it
Jax                 Last hit of "Boot Kamp" combo: Spartan kick
Johnny Cage         Last hit of "Widescreen" combo: Overhead punch	
Kabal               Last hit of "Mutilation" combo: Launches opponent with a hit of his hook
Kano                Last hit of "Mean Machine" combo: Dolphin-like headbutt
Kenshi              Last hit of "Absentminded" combo: An upwards swing with his sword
Kratos              Last hit of "Hades Edge" combo: Sword get stuck in opponent's shoulder, and Kratos kicks them away
Kitana              "Uprise": Jumps in the air while swinging fan in an upwards arc in front of her
Kung Lao            "Hat Swipe": Swipes downward with his hat, knocking the opponent away
Liu Kang            "Shaolin Heel": Overhead downward kick with his heel
Mileena             "Leaping Sai": Really slow jump forward and stick a sai in the opponent's back
Nightwolf           Last hit of "Deadly Dance" combo: Spartan kick
Noob Saibot         Last hit of "Possessed" combo: Small jumping roundhouse kick to the face	
Quan Chi            Last hit of "Corruption" combo: Puts skull in the belly of opponent, skull explodes, he throws opponent
Raiden              "Spinning Kick": small jumping roundhouse kick
Reptile             Last hit of "Hybrid Blast" combo: Kicks with both legs at the same time, and falls to the ground
Rain                Last hit of "Waterfall" combo: Overhead smash with both arms
Scorpion            Last hit of "Brimstone" combo: Overhead slash with one sword
Sektor              "Afterburn": Punches opponent and makes a small explosion in the fist that hit, pushing opponent to full screen
Shang Tsung         Last hit of "Play Time" combo: Upwards kick to the chin
Sheeva              "Swinging Leg": High kick that knocks opponent back
Sindel              Last hit of "Rise To Power" combo: Upwards slash with hair
Skarlet             Last hit of "Flesh and Blood" combo: Sliding in to an uppercut
Smoke               "Spin Kicks": Kick, small jump spinning kick
Sonya Blade         "Dash Punches" combo: 2 punches to the stomach
Stryker             Last hit of "Pain Patrol" combo: Smacks opponent away with baton
Sub-Zero            Last hit of "Frost Bitten" combo: Kamehamea hands that push the opponent away with greater force than combo

The purpose of this whole post is to help you select a good tag setup, or a quick reference if you are doing random select tag matches. Writing up how to integrate the moves in to combos is beyond the scope of this post, so you are on your own for that.

I also need data for Freddy, if anyone would be kind enough :).