What's new

Tag Partner

So me and a couple friends play this game a good deal, and with the recent arrival of internet, we've begun to hone our skills a bit. I'm wondering what characters work well with Quan Chi? I've heard that Shang Tsung goes really well with him, and my buddy uses him as his main, so we've toyed around with that a bit. But any other good options. I was thinking about picking up ether cyber sub who I play with often, or scorpion who I have always like quite a bit. But I like quite a few characters, so I'm really seeking a good meshing of abilities.

Johnny Cage is the first character that comes to mind. With him, you'd have both a zoner and a rushdown character. Any successful Trances would allow you to switch to Johnny Cage and begin his ridiculous pressure game. You could build meter quickly with Johnny and use it for rune traps with Quan Chi. Seems pretty solid to me.

LuckyStrikeMike

Philosopher
Depends on your goal with Quan Chi. And depends who's starting first.

If you're looking to build meter for rune traps with Quan, you want a rush down character like Johnny, Kung Lao, Kabal, Jax etc.
If you want to balance Quan's mixups with zoning, Noob and Subzero come to mind.

If you want to be stylish and rock a team composed of evil sorcerers, Shang Tsung is the way to go (I rock this team all the time).

Well I tend to play according to the moment, I'll zone for a moment, then rush in and poke a few times, then get out before I risk too much damage. For a while we were doing one of my combos into a trance then letting him go nuts, but it kinda made it too easy using Shang Tsung like that. Right now I'm really leaning towards picking up Scorpion as another character, would they go well together?

Primal Raptor

Quan-Cheesy
Well I tend to play according to the moment, I'll zone for a moment, then rush in and poke a few times, then get out before I risk too much damage. For a while we were doing one of my combos into a trance then letting him go nuts, but it kinda made it too easy using Shang Tsung like that. Right now I'm really leaning towards picking up Scorpion as another character, would they go well together?
i suggest ermac. the easymac and cheeze combo works briliantly because of the combo possiblilities from trance to easymac levi combos. plus the name easymac and cheeze is a bonus for troll points lol

OZombiePenguinO

Garbage, bro
Imo, Scorpion works well with pretty much every character. He's very balanced, but also has one of the most worthwhile tag assists in the game.

I think that overall, Quan's best team mates are Johnny Cage or Kabal. They are both meter building machines, and Quan Chi with a full meter is like, S tier lol.

Primal Raptor

Quan-Cheesy
more like A tier, but the point stands tht johny cage and kabal are top tier and using the two insinc is a totally different mind set. using quan requires sum degree of knowledge where as johny and kabal are just, armor wakeup, quick easy combo/trap, get knocked on ass repeat. where as quan is best if you can keep ur feet planted becuz wen you go down, its hard to get back up without pressure

OZombiePenguinO

Garbage, bro
more like A tier, but the point stands tht johny cage and kabal are top tier and using the two insinc is a totally different mind set. using quan requires sum degree of knowledge where as johny and kabal are just, armor wakeup, quick easy combo/trap, get knocked on ass repeat. where as quan is best if you can keep ur feet planted becuz wen you go down, its hard to get back up without pressure
I think anyone who can get an easy 36% unblockable combo is S tier LOL. Not to mention how there's more to it than that.

But uh, what makes you bring up those Johnny / Kabal opinions? o_o

Primal Raptor

Quan-Cheesy
I think anyone who can get an easy 36% unblockable combo is S tier LOL. Not to mention how there's more to it than that.

But uh, what makes you bring up those Johnny / Kabal opinions? o_o
the rising number of people using them is really aggrevating me becuz i dnt know the matchup yet, and those tht use them are so fast its hard to learn it

OZombiePenguinO

Garbage, bro
the rising number of people using them is really aggrevating me becuz i dnt know the matchup yet, and those tht use them are so fast its hard to learn it
Really? Those are two of my favorite matchups for Quan, they're so easy it makes me feel like Quan Chi was made to destroy high-tier characters lol

Primal Raptor

Quan-Cheesy
new suggetion. baraka. he does well at dealing damage without using the meter for quan and he has good tag combo options for optimal damage.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
Ermac. Good meter build to help QC, good tag combos and generally a very good combo. Hidan and I go for it all the time when we are playing tag against others.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
combining that with scorpion would be deadly, you could end every tag combo with spear/trance for like, ultimate vortex couldnt you?
Nope cause with, Ermac at least, you cant do lift after trance. Dunno about Scorp QC but i dont think you can spear them after they are tranced.

SLy

Noob
Kitana is a good fit for Quan chi also..Hes a good look out when it comes to damage input and mix up..And kitana already deals hell of alot damage already..And Quan chi has the right mix up game to call kitana in for the tag combos..Quan chi could be considered the damage extender in this squad

PND_Mustard

"More stealthful than the night"
Premium Supporter
Nope cause with, Ermac at least, you cant do lift after trance. Dunno about Scorp QC but i dont think you can spear them after they are tranced.
i meant using the new tech slips and check came up with

PND_Mustard

"More stealthful than the night"
Premium Supporter
Havent seen that. Could you pm me a link ?
pretty much, when scorpion hits the second spear and drags them on the floor, scorpion can pick them up with a f4 or b2 before they can wakeup, combine that with the trance and its 2 characters vortex's in one surely