What's new

T12: Results and Shoutouts/recount thread.

Sabin

Elder God
I want you to rewind back time and let him do the babality dam it.

Naw but seriously, sabin posting totally reminded me to thank team spooky for playing and participating and streaming top 4 and letting people commentate.
Mk scene in Canada needs all the help it can get.So thanks once again.
im sorry for being so salty i cant stand cyrax especially after playing maxter in tourney and getting raped by 70% combos lol.

ninja edit: obviously i will do whatever i can to blow up MK9. no need to thank me when were all in this together. PEACE

VIDA

Focused Grace and Intensity
So the first match in top 4 was between Sabin and w1nter. It was a decent series with w1nter taking the second game but he made some errors in the last game and that put the nail in the coffin. One of these was an input error in that last round of game 3 where he threw out a 4 instead of a special and got hit with an acid ball. He talked to us about this afterward but he seemed genuinely pleased with his performance run and obviously he put in a great effort.

Next was winers finals between Russel and Magus. This match was unfortunately not streamed due to internet issues at the hotel but it turned out to be a total thriller. Russel took the first two games rather convincibgly. Magus' nerves showed and he wasnt playing like he normally does or did on sat. Russel was on point and faking jps with air fans which was a neat trick to bait out whiffed uppercuts, so that kit was in sweep range in scorp's face, a distance she likes to blow it up from with f2 and 2. Unfortnately the pushback of AF prevents Kit from landing straight in front which if it did could lead to great mixup opportunities.

Onto the third game and its come down to the last round. Magus has found his rhythm a bit but still struggling. Russel as Sabin said was up 20% and looked on his way to grand finals, but apparently conrtoller 2 (not 3 like Magus was using) had hit the home button. Sum1 didnt desync. It sucked it had to go down that way but it did. When the issue was resolved (sort of, still dont know whose controller it was) Russel announced they would replay a whole round from the beginning and that would determine the winner.

magus seemed much more clear headed now and he did a great job taking this replayed round. Then game 4 and I unfortunately cant remember the specifics but it was comepletely back and forth, and went down to the wire. It was reminiscient of Konqrr/Slips at evo with Kitana trying to calculate and get her executions off with scorp staying unpredictable and catching things frequently. It was close but Magus took the 4th and they both had nerves painted all over their faces when the game was done lol. It was intense to say the least.

Magus made the full come back in the final game in a game that was almost as awesome and moved on while Russel was left to face Sabin in losers final.

As u guys saw on the stream it was good match but Sabin played his Kenshi very well and started finding a way to punish that EX TK as I said on stream. I messed up my statment of the Rep/Mil matchup and I wanna apologise again for that. Idk why but i always get that mixed up. Dont worry lol, it doesnt look like Im getting to commentate on a spooky stream again. :/

Kfrog mentioned the jps fakes Russel would have Mil do like he did with kitana against Magus. It was really interesting way of baiting out a shoulder charge or upslash to get in, and worked better with Mil b/c she can drop neutrally instead of getting pushed back like Kitana. This makes it really interesting with ermac and his air force blast that not only gets him in but gives him dmg as well.

Idk if this wouldve worked better but I wonder if instead of doing the b4~roll into bnb he could have had her just do the trip and cross up on wakeup? Since Kenshi is weak against them and b4, f4 (I think it is) wouldnt be that negative on hit or even block to do this consistently. One of the reasons he lost was b/c that b4~roll was getting punished in the later rounds.

But despite it ending 3-1 it was a good match by both players, Russel talked about how hard it was getting in on kenshi, which Im sure we all know. :)

Onto Grand finals and it was the rematch. This time Sabin only went Reppy and demonstrably adapted. The d4 really beat out the TP's and again Sabin was on his game. But the nerves once again noticeably got to Magus and he wasnt able to do his combos when he hit. Some of the rounds were close but sabin took it decisively and that was the end of the tourney.

I do sincerely mean it when i say props to sabin for his performance. I also mean it when i do appreaciate what team spooky does for the community but I stand by what I said. Im gonna sleep on whether or on not to delete my posts cause ultimately I couldve just pmed him and not brought negativity to this thread which I admit I didnt need to do. Im glad he at least apologised about the accusation thing and at least paying attention to the issues i brought up. I do not expect any love from him in the future, and i do not care what trouble this puts me with the community as awhole, if any. I didnt say what i said to his face cause of reasons i already explained, and even out of respect for the organizers who i consider good ppl.

That being said i do think sabin does good for the community as does team spooky. I am not ding this to get back in good graces with any1 cause I know its too late for that. I am simply trying to be as sincere and reasonable as i possibly can.

GGs to everyone at T12 and hope to see you all next major or even minor. :)

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
I personally don't find Arturo a dick at all, pretty cool guy :p

Art, if you go to NEC i wanna do more friendlies against you so I don't get 5-0'd again..... Or online wtv

DanX4

Noob
According to danx4 Magus played his scorp more passive and was able to catch spears from a bit of a distance. He took the mirror 2-1. Danx4 had a strong tourney as well and deserves props and playing his three chars well.
Just wanna point out that Magus didn't actually play too passively at all. I was referring to our casuals a few months back; he seemed to have played more passively then, but maybe I'm mistaken.

Oh and I didn't use Cage in the actual tourney, only during casuals earlier. Maybe for the next tourney I'll cast him for a more prominent role (get it, cuz he's an actor, huh? ... yeah okay :facepalm:)

Sabin

Elder God
I personally don't find Arturo a dick at all, pretty cool guy :p

Art, if you go to NEC i wanna do more friendlies against you so I don't get 5-0'd again..... Or online wtv
TS is streaming NEC, so we'll be there.

Most definitely. The Mileena experience helps me too.
I think you realized by now how badly online/offline affects actual gameplay lol. But either way since I have FIOS now, I'm sure our connection will be better than what it was before.

After a few days of rest, I guess it's time I say something.

First and foremost, thanks to all the MK fanatics out there.
Wow, a whopping 39 entrants for MK.

Shoutouts to Tim "KFrog" Regan for running the bracket so smoothly.
Hope everyone had a great time.

Clearly, i was too busy that weekend so if I ever gave you the wrong impression last weekend, please erase that from your memory. I just had too many things going on and playing my MK matches was not a priority.

Doesn't mean I didn't play to the best of my ability thought.
It was a great tournament. I personally do not remember anybody I played so I can't name names, sorry.

Jer: Nice Mileena. Hope we can run it back next time.

Winter: Tough luck. Maybe next fan. LOL! Hope you win in a tournament against me one day.

To anyone I missed: You guys put up a great fight. It is people like you that I still play this game.

Archmagus: I had you then you took it back. I seriously could not recover after that one debacle. The win is yours so all I can do is accept it.

I lost my momentum against ArchMagus but that's no excuse.
To whomever's PS3 controller that was, I HATE YOU! LOL!!

Arturo: I got reckless with Mileena. I should have paid for attention. Nice games though and thanks for coming.

Hope everybody had a great time and I will certainly look into bringing MK Tournaments to new heights in Toronto.
So be a part of a great community and lets keep this game strong for as long as possible.

First act on my end to keep community stronger:
A&C Wednesday will be streaming MORTAL KOMBAT

Want to show off your skills? Want to commentate? Want to be the center of attention? Come next Wednesday.
I feel like fanning up a few players. Will you be one of them? bring it bitches. :)
Speaking of commentators, I have reviewed the matches. I got to say that the commentators could use some work.
If you want to commentate future tournaments, I will be testing you guys on Wednesday.

NeoRussell

VIDA

Focused Grace and Intensity
Speaking of commentators, I have reviewed the matches. I got to say that the commentators could use some work.
If you want to commentate future tournaments, I will be testing you guys on Wednesday.

NeoRussell
It was my first time Russel why you gotta be so harsh! LOL

If you want I can try to redeem myself and commentate on the a&C stream next week, glad to hear u guys streaming MK this time. I still think Shady and Kfrog did well on the mic but thats just me I guess. :/

Casselman

Also: LockUpYourBones
Much respect and shoutouts to everybody. I wont leave anybody out. I had a great time. Went down swinging with my favourite character at my first tournament. No regrets.

@Sabin I diddn't even know that was you I played in casuals to midway through. I cant believe I topped you, even though the matchup was in my favour. I would have loved to test my matchup to Reptile with my sektor instead. Next time. Congrats on the win, you deserve it.

@winterwars you did great man. Again, competing with you and sabin, and seeing both of you make final 4. Gave me more motivation and confidence as a player. I think Kfrog matched us to get you beat out after he seen me and Sabin playing. Part of me shouted to go for Kung Lao, but I didnt. Pressure and fanboyism for Sektor kinda worked against me. But I am happy. Great stuff, I hope to play you again in the future, congrats on #4. No shame in losing to you.

@shady had me on my heels. I was scared of Sonya from what I seen earlier. I know her, but not sure If I could endure with Sektor's slow wakeup game. Luckily he went Kabal in both rounds. regardless of the outcome. Great matches, much respect.

@tastetherainbow That was shadys $5 so I hope that burger was good. haha. In all seriousness. Great nightwolf, great sportsmanship, positive guy. good stuff man.

@jer i wanted a piece of that Mileena (i believe it was you there). Sad I diddnt get it. next time.

@fluri i want you in first round next year. prepare. No more getting WAY up the bracket off of people who don't know how to play.

@kfrog dude your the man, period. awesome stuff, funny as hell. Great Ermac. see you next year for sure.

@magnus(spelling) I wanted to face you, bad. too bad :( . soon... Much respect.

@neorussell We have yet to face off, but rest assured, it WILL happen.

@asdf VERY close match. game 3 round 3 less than a quarter health each... No shame in being beat out by you. Great stuff.

Watch out next year guys. No more Fanboy Sektor love. Best characters, counter picking. Revenge...

to anybody I missed. Sorry.

Side note, Vindrex had his first tournament. Amazing kid, Noob Saibot Player, should have went at least a few rounds further. Great player, give him props.

To team spooky. MK needs to make stream more than top 4. Thats retarded. top8+ need to be there.

Full Results

1: Sabin
2: ArchMagus
3: NeoRussell
4: Winterwarz
5: asdf
5: Amadeo
7: k-frog
7: MTL Jer
9: exMinger
9: Fluri
9: DanX