What's new

T.O. Alex JeBailey is asking, "What system do we all plan to get Mortal Kombat X for?

What system will you be getting MKX for?

• PS4

Votes: 180 63.6%
  • XBone

Votes: 58 20.5%
  • PC

Votes: 33 11.7%
  • PS3

Votes: 6 2.1%
  • Xbox 360

Votes: 6 2.1%

• Total voters

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs
#YEEEAAPPP and I agree haha. The attention spans of NRS fans are very small. I hope our competitive scene changes some and keeps mkx around.
Maybe that's because the developer itself drops one game like a bad habit for the next. If NRS showed continued support for MKX the way Capcom has for SF4 we'd stick around for years. If NRS moves on to the next game though, most of us will move on with them.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
I hear ya dude, just a bit of light sarcasm because of the short attention span of NRS fighting game fans. MK X is going to Godlike. Yeeeeeeap!

Short attention span? No games besides Capcom and Smash last longer than ours with consistent top 4-5 entrants. MK9 at NEC (the one that was 19+ months after MK9) had over 110 entrants. We support our games for a looooong time, the problem is can two NRS games survive and the community has proven so far that it can't handle two at a time for whatever reason.

Maybe that's because the developer itself drops one game like a bad habit for the next. If NRS showed continued support for MKX the way Capcom has for SF4 we'd stick around for years. If NRS moves on to the next game though, most of us will move on with them.
Sounds logical yet like an excuse. Smash has came back storming the scene (melee) and they haven't been recieving patches and what not. You know what they got? Loyality. I have said this before and I will probably have to keep saying this, but why can't we just play our games? It really isn't a big issue but people try to make it be that way. But as I said, I really don't care who moves on from mkx because I will keep playing it when injustice 2 comes out all the way until mortal kombat eleven. I for one want to support our games and our community, dnt know what others want to do but that is on them.
Edit: Marvel is another game that hasn't received a patch in a good bit. Yet it still manages to get 2nd in entrants at evo and other events always.

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs
Sounds logical yet like an excuse. Smash has came back storming the scene (melee) and they haven't been recieving patches and what not. You know what they got? Loyality. I have said this before and I will probably have to keep saying this, but why can't we just play our games? It really isn't a big issue but people try to make it be that way. But as I said, I really don't care who moves on from mkx because I will keep playing it when injustice 2 comes out all the way until mortal kombat eleven. I for one want to support our games and our community, dnt know what others want to do but that is on them.
Edit: Marvel is another game that hasn't received a patch in a good bit. Yet it still manages to get 2nd in entrants at evo and other events always.
I think the difference is that no next shiny new game came out to replace those. If NRS stops supporting a game it's one thing, but if they stop supporting it in order to release a new one, a lot of people are going to migrate to that new game. I mean people are still playing MK9 and it's even been pretty hype, but the players' main focus is probably going to coincide more with their favorite developer's main focus if they have a choice between what to play from them. That's why I hope Injustice 2 is a long way out, as much as I love the first one. I want MKX to be the main event for a long time to come.

Lo0py

Noob
I think the difference is that no next shiny new game came out to replace those. If NRS stops supporting a game it's one thing, but if they stop supporting it in order to release a new one, a lot of people are going to migrate to that new game. I mean people are still playing MK9 and it's even been pretty hype, but the players' main focus is probably going to coincide more with their favorite developer's main focus if they have a choice between what to play from them. That's why I hope Injustice 2 is a long way out, as much as I love the first one. I want MKX to be the main event for a long time to come.
agree 100%!

I will give u that. I hope mkx is patched differently so we can keep the game fresh and new for a longer be period of time than mk9.

cyke_out

Noob
I will give u that. I hope mkx is patched differently so we can keep the game fresh and new for a longer be period of time than mk9.
You mean at least 6 -12 months between patches to allow for the players to overcome and adapt and to learn if something truly needs to be fixed as opposed to knee jerk reaction like Kano's upball or deathstroke's low guns?

Cuz that would be awesome. It's how SF4 has been managed.

Kitana Prime

Top-tier at everything but the characters I choose
We'll see which runs better.

I hate that we we're forced to ps3 MK9 for so long after it was so obviously clear which runs better.

Until then, people need to chill. Stronger hardware is no decisive evidence. Ps3 was stronger and well...yeah. Is there a reason NRS is playing the XB1 on streams? I don't know. I don't care either way, but I just want the unbiased, level-headed opinions to prevail.

Obvious 'fanboys' on the site + non tournament goers...please.

You mean at least 6 -12 months between patches to allow for the players to overcome and adapt and to learn if something truly needs to be fixed as opposed to knee jerk reaction like Kano's upball or deathstroke's low guns?

U took the words out of my mouth lol yep I mean like that. I understand the dlc patches cuz those are business orientated anyways and those will happen. But the knee jerk ones should be left out IMO unless there is an infinite or something that completely messes up the game (like a game freezing glitch and etc.).

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow

NRS does knee-jerk with some things but Injustice got a LOT better because of discussion, footage, and the like...Letting a game "breathe" is just such a blanket criticism that doesn't take into account the game as it is. Should we have let day 1 Supes/Black Adam "breathe" just for the sake of the game breathing? Should Aquaman's trait have stayed the same because the game needs to "breathe"? Fix the overtly nonsensical stuff like Supes' breath being + on block and then do big changes down the line but don't just sit on your hands because "oh, the game needs time before we see just how ridiculously strong these characters are".

It's also been managed with paid disk updates and the like. Also, I don't even know if you can get the AE patch without paying for the AE dlc, I honestly don't remember. From everything I'm seeing, AE v2012 was "free" but I'm not seeing anything about the AE patch being free. Even so, with Ultra they've already done several patches in the past 6 months because some of this crap just needs to be patched.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
We'll see which runs better.

I hate that we we're forced to ps3 MK9 for so long after it was so obviously clear which runs better.

Until then, people need to chill. Stronger hardware is no decisive evidence. Ps3 was stronger and well...yeah. Is there a reason NRS is playing the XB1 on streams? I don't know. I don't care either way, but I just want the unbiased, level-headed opinions to prevail.

Obvious 'fanboys' on the site + non tournament goers...please.

No it's not but the multitude of games that proceed it paint a picture, not all games ran better on PS4 but the vast majority did so it's much more likely that PS4 would be the standard. Anyway, I've already said whichever one runs better should be the standard but I strongly believe it'll be the PS4 one.

VenomX-90

"On your Knees!"
PS4 oh NOW eveybody wants to vote for the PS4 when it was MK9 it was Xbox360 out the ass. smh I hope its mainly PS4 this time.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
PS4 oh NOW eveybody wants to vote for the PS4 when it was MK9 it was Xbox360 out the ass. smh I hope its mainly PS4 this time.
Because 360 ran the game better, just like most games on PS4 run better. It's not a bias or fanboyism or whatever, it's whatever runs the game best and that's more likely to be PS4.

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
Because 360 ran the game better, just like most games on PS4 run better. It's not a bias or fanboyism or whatever, it's whatever runs the game best and that's more likely to be PS4.
now i have a deathly fear that I'm gonna buy the wrong console :(

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
now i have a deathly fear that I'm gonna buy the wrong console :(

Unless you HAVE to have the tournament standard for MKX then no console is the wrong one, it's just personal preference. One may look prettier and/or have less slowdown at moments but it'll be the same basic game for the most part.

for the "MK9 was worse on PS3" argument.. This isnt the PS3...

The main issue is the controller. If you use stick or XB1 pad you're fine, but for the majority that play on PS pads its gonna be really bad.

Converter tech isnt up to next gen console speed yet so for right now so the pad issue alone is enough to make PS4 the standard.

chemist4hire

I Got Guiled
for the "MK9 was worse on PS3" argument.. This isnt the PS3...

The main issue is the controller. If you use stick or XB1 pad you're fine, but for the majority that play on PS pads its gonna be really bad.

Converter tech isnt up to next gen console speed yet so for right now so the pad issue alone is enough to make PS4 the standard.
If you choose to play on stick you pay upwards of $150 dollars for one. If you want a convertor that lets you use a ps2 pad on an xbox one or ps4, you pay someone about the same amount with parts and labor. Its possible using a Toodle's FGWidget ($15, reads ps2 inputs and converts them into signals that can be piggy backed onto a common ground pcb) a common ground current gen pcb (for ps4 Hori FC4 $50, for xb1 40$ rock candy pcb). This gives you a convertor that is future proof because you are using a licensed pcb that will not be patched out on firmware updates. This "Converter tech" is not an excuse.