What's new

Syco Collectibles

Hey all,

I went to look at the Syco Collectibles web site last night, only to find it gone. Did some Google searching and apparently the company was scamming people, cheating sculptors, selling things without a license, etc. This is all surprising and news to me.

Does anyone know exactly what happened there?

I own their Kitana and Mileena statues, but I bought them through other resellers, one from a place in the US another from a place in Australia, so I had no issue in getting them. My Kitana statue arrived broken, but I was able to repair it and convince the reseller after a month of back and forth to finally credit me the shipping fee.

Was Syco Collectibles actually licensed to sell Mortal Kombat-based statues, or was that all illegal as well? How were they cheating the sculptors? Each statue was "limited" to 499 and 500 made for each of my statues; was that true or BS and they made more?

All very surprising.

Blitzace10

The Aquatic Ace
I have recently been looking into these collectibles. I really wish I could have gotten the Katana one when it was available. And finding it now has been impossible.

I have recently been looking into these collectibles. I really wish I could have gotten the Katana one when it was available. And finding it now has been impossible.
I'm lucky I found it when I did, as it was also crazy difficult. I had to import it from Australia, so that cost a bit, and sadly it arrived damaged (her head was broken off, and one of the arm pegs was missing).

After a lot of back and forth, I was able to get a partial refund, and I was able to repair the statue; you'd never know it was damaged. Interestingly, the quality of the sculpt is lesser than the Mileena statue.