What's new

Breakthrough Sword Spin must have been stealth buffed sometime

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
Earlier when the game was released, MB Sword Spin used to have this weird ability to drop combos in the corner. If you used MB Sword Spin at the end of a long combo, the first 2 hits would connect, restand the opponent, and end the combo before the last hit would connect.

This was easily seen just by going to the corner and using 4 MB Sword Spins on an CPU set to auto guard. They would be able to block the overheads after enough Spins.

This oddity lead people to theorize a potential corner reset with MB Sword Spin at the end of long corner combos because it forced the opponent to block the overhead. It wasn't that useful IMO though because there was no mixup to it other than the overhead.

But now? I can't get that last hit of MB Sword Spin to drop no matter how hard I try. 4 MB Sword Spins in the corner lands all 12 hits no matter what now. No matter how long your combo is, MB Sword Spin at the end lands all 3 hits.

Vagrant

Noob
I thought everyone knew the spin corner reset was gone.

Sorry I would have posted it, I figured it was just common knowledge.

The spin reset left when DS got nerfed.

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
Lol well I must be slow then. I didn't see anything about it in the patch notes, so I didn't notice the change.
That must be what they meant by "Sword Spin buff," so I guess we got mad at them for lying for nothing.

It WOULD be nice to have some complete patch notes though.

Vagrant

Noob
Lol well I must be slow then. I didn't see anything about it in the patch notes, so I didn't notice the change.
That must be what they meant by "Sword Spin buff," so I guess we got mad at them for lying for nothing.

It WOULD be nice to have some complete patch notes though.

It wasn't in the notes.
The rumored buff was +4 on hit sword spin. Which never ever happened.
They just fixed the corner mechanics of spin to work as intended in the corner.

As for complete patchnotes...

Lol don't hold your breath.

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
I don't get how they made this buff without increasing the hitstun of the second hit of Sword Spin though. I mean, we were getting hit after Sword Spin because it was negative on hit, and dropping MB Sword Spins because it didn't have enough stun.

But now, Sword Spin is STILL just as negative as ever on hit, but we have time to connect the 3rd hit of MB Sword Spin now? How exactly did they do that?

Vagrant

Noob
I don't get how they made this buff without increasing the hitstun of the second hit of Sword Spin though. I mean, we were getting hit after Sword Spin because it was negative on hit, and dropping MB Sword Spins because it didn't have enough stun.

But now, Sword Spin is STILL just as negative as ever on hit, but we have time to connect the 3rd hit of MB Sword Spin now? How exactly did they do that?

I've been wondering the same exact thing since that patch.

TONY-T

Mad scientist
Hmm, i don't really think it will benefit him to much overall. It does make double sword spin corner combos a little easier, but i think that's about it.

Still its good to have back.

I might make a video soon on what i perceive is his best corner game options and mix ups. He still has plenty of frame traps!