What's new

Question - War God sword setups?

cheschifodisito

hit me up on psn: mr_diem
is there a unblockable otg or sword set up i can use after a combo? im ending in b122 unblockable but sometimes they don't get hit by that....or b122 sword throw but they can wake up or stay on the ground...any ideas?

Osagri

Fear the blade of Osh-Tekk
is there a unblockable otg or sword set up i can use after a combo? im ending in b122 unblockable but sometimes they don't get hit by that....or b122 sword throw but they can wake up or stay on the ground...any ideas?
I am not sure but try b32

Kotal_Wannabe

AKA AndyPandy
Unblockable sword will get you full combo punished by anyone who knows the matchup even alittle. b122 should be followed either by safe mid sword or the low/overhead mixup. ex sword throw is also good for applying pressure, should be followed by rc 114 df1
Other than that, look at his other stings too in the combo thread sticky, b122 is a fast punish but leads to little damage. His other notable strings are b14, f1b2 and 114 which lead to decent damage.
As for wakeups, they're just a part of this game, you gotta learn to block punish wakeups so they don't wanna use them. Either that or crossover punch them on wakeup and make the wakeup whiff.

*edit* Nvm just noticed you mean using the unblockable after you're already confirmed the combo

Last edited:
^

To OTG you must to be willing to spend a bar for the ex Ground Pound. It'll add an extra 8% (I think) at the end of your combo when cancelled into from any given string. As far as I know the regular version of this move will never OTG while the ex version will always OTG.

The Abbot

Unit LK-52O
Most set ups aren't worth it. The guaranteed set ups require a bar and can easily be substituted for EX sword toss for same or sometimes more damage

Vigilante24

Beware my power, Red Lantern's Light
^Its good for closing out rounds/games when you need around 40% to kill and you want to make sure it kills and not accidentally leave them with a pixel. Anything can happen in this game.

B122 or 114 into db3 (on block) are, i think, the most underrated sequences Kotal has at his disposal. Most people will fall for it once or twice. The best part is that people who actually know the matchup will try to jump out and full punish but that's when you do db3 cancel d2 or 1 or df1. You'll end up hitting people out of the sky and punishing THEM for their match up knowledge. It's really easy to cancel and you'll catch every jump in and when they stop jumping you let it rock and they eat 6% every time. It's not perfect but you can sprinkle it into your arsenal for some easy damage. I've ended countless matches because I used it as my final move and it worked because people simply weren't expecting it.