What's new

Discussion Sweeps finally viable?

st9rm

viennality.com
Ever since the game released, the sweep must have been the most underutilized move next to block breaker, since d3/d4's were better and safer, or you didn't want to deal with (safe) wakeups
i do think, that the balance patch and the meta change coming with it, could change this though

armored reversals/wakeups not launching anymore (except you spend a second bar for some characters), kind of reduces the threat of respecting the opponents wakeup options

what do you guys think? will b4 be used more often in the near future?
i for myself, will def try to add sweeps to my gameplan, since the patch brought in fresh air and i see alot of potential in sweeps

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
sweeps are working out well for me, the way Smoke's pressure works you often get them instead of your mid, the HKD and advantage is great especially for doing meaty shenanigans. Triborg's D4 is so bad that sweep is longer range and only a few frames slower so i been using it in the neutral too

You know what isn't viable?

Jax v GM Sub, as of yesterday.
yeah that hasnt really been viable since mk9

DDutchguy

Stand 4'ing airplanes out of the sky
Goro's sweep could turn out to be really good for him. Ever since the XL patch it was an excellent attack. Now with the Oct 4th patch...oh my.

evolution07

It's too soon to get cocky.
Kitana is the only character whose sweep is better than d4
I love using her sweep; it's safe and has pushback on block. With her now faster overhead, I throw in plenty of b4s and b2s with grabs. I can often times get someone with several b4s in a row lol her mixup game is strong now.

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
I was looking at KLs sweep since with some scenarios opening up with d4 didn't work. A knockdown was something that no body saw coming. Everyone just eats 2-3 d4 and punishes the OH (b2) but with knockdown there was additional risk. Now even more.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Ever since the game released, the sweep must have been the most underutilized move next to block breaker, since d3/d4's were better and safer, or you didn't want to deal with (safe) wakeups
i do think, that the balance patch and the meta change coming with it, could change this though

armored reversals/wakeups not launching anymore (except you spend a second bar for some characters), kind of reduces the threat of respecting the opponents wakeup options

what do you guys think? will b4 be used more often in the near future?
i for myself, will def try to add sweeps to my gameplan, since the patch brought in fresh air and i see alot of potential in sweeps
hkd just still isn't good enough in itself. Once all the safe 50/50 and armor are gone, maybe then.

Kaymai

inside of this girl is a beast
It took becoming a kitana main to finally have a use for sweep in this game. It's very fast and low profiles and is a quick little mixup with that and b2 for just non-stop hard knockdowns.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Since the AA nerf, trip guards punihes are more evident now, people are so afraid of getting jabbed out of the air, that they will mostly jump with a early kick to stuff it out, if you make a hard read, you can run clean under them and whiff punish the landing frames.