What's new

Swamp thing or Scarecrow

Needing help deciding which to main. These two are my fav characters so far so will still dable in other from time to time. Just wondering which would fair better, and why or why not one would be better than the other? Thank you for y'all's time explaining to a newcomer

People are generally saying ScareCrow is better. I just picked up Swamp Thing today and I can definitely say that if you don't have the best execution, ST will be VERY hard to get used to. Not to mention ST probably gets fucked by zoning more than any other character in the game right now. ScareCrow, at least for me, was much easier to get the hang of. However Scarecrow also struggles with zoning AND doesn't have a wakeup. Scarecrow and Bane are my mains, so I'm obviously more biased towards ScareCrow, but if you're willing to deal with ST's high learning curve, then go for it.

ST was the first character I spent 40+ hours in training to get down, just love him. Just wondering effective efficiency heh

I play both, swamp thing IMO is more fun to play, but he requires patience, the ability to read your opponent, and some tight execution.

If you have decent execution though, scarecrow gets huge damage, excellent pressure strings through exdb2, command grab shenanigans up close, and better mix ups. He also has a wake up now, db3.

Both have a hard time against zoners, but IMO scarecrow has a slight edge on swampy vs zoners through his teleport when used defensively (teleport and immediately block low)... Buuut a player who knows the teleport is coming is going to bend you over lol.

TL;DR- Scarecrow until swampy gets some fixes.

ShadyHeart

Relationship with Sonya ended
It seems like people generally consider Swamp Thing to be the worst character in the game.